Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today

Started by Jamie D, June 04, 2012, 10:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: V M on June 15, 2012, 06:00:09 AM
Is it the wrong place?

No, that's it.  There used to be one closer to my side of the county, in Camarillo.

Not as much of a surfer dive, as the Seaward location.  Got closed when the shopping center was being expanded.

In your first picture, you can see where the beach starts, in the background, beyond the palm trees.  That house there is probably worth more than $1 million.
  •  

V M

That's not my picture, it's a picture off the web... But yeah, that is an expensive area
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: V M on June 15, 2012, 06:23:47 AM
That's not my picture, it's a picture off the web... But yeah, that is an expensive area

You can see the little counter to the left in one picture, with the umbrellas.  That's where we were.  At lunch, on a sunny day, the place is crowded.  The sad thing is, I remember those old fiberglass longboards.  I remember riding them.  And now they are "museum pieces."
  •  

King Malachite

I love Burger King burgers.  They are made with love.  :)

My dream burger would be topped with ketchup, BBQ sauce, monzerella cheese, onion rings, french fries, and bacon.

Yum.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Malachite on June 15, 2012, 04:52:48 PM
I love Burger King burgers.  They are made with love.  :)

My dream burger would be topped with ketchup, BBQ sauce, monzerella cheese, onion rings, french fries, and bacon.

Yum.

"Have it your way!"
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Two all beef patties,
Special sauce,
Lettuce,
Cheese,
Pickles,
Onions,
All on a sesame seed bun.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Jamie D

Thanks, Laura

Another southern California institution: Pie 'N Burger

If you have ever watched the sitcom, "The Big Bang Theory," you'll know they actually feature some real Pasadena locales.

(The California Institute of Technology is located in Pasadena, on California Blvd.)

Also located on California Blvd, near downtown Pasadena, is the venerable Pie 'N Burger.  Their specialties? You guessed it ...pies by the slice and outstanding burgers.  Don't even try to get in at lunch time.

Pie 'N Burger - read more
  •  

jasper3

I'm getting a feely feel.. A feely feel that feels.... Feely O.o
  •  

Jamie D

•  

jasper3

Quote from: Jamie D on June 19, 2012, 03:48:01 AM
Ah ha!  A southerner.  I last had Krystal burgers in Memphis.
I'm from the coast. But damn I love krystal's! *w*
I'm getting a feely feel.. A feely feel that feels.... Feely O.o
  •  

Alexis

Quote from: Jamie D on June 19, 2012, 03:29:58 AM
Thanks, Laura

Another southern California institution: Pie 'N Burger

If you have ever watched the sitcom, "The Big Bang Theory," you'll know they actually feature some real Pasadena locales.

(The California Institute of Technology is located in Pasadena, on California Blvd.)

Also located on California Blvd, near downtown Pasadena, is the venerable Pie 'N Burger.  Their specialties? You guessed it ...pies by the slice and outstanding burgers.  Don't even try to get in at lunch time.

Pie 'N Burger - read more
Ok, I must admit, when I saw this I thought...

on a

and I was like

but then I read it, and I was like

Because what I built in my head seemed like fun. They still look great though, and at the end of the day it's a burger, which makes me
  •  

Jamie D

http://screen.yahoo.com/most-creative-burger-in-america-30456033.html?pb_list=809f7f41-46e5-4104-9eba-e0702551faaf

Most Creative Burger in America

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 5:00 AM EDT - Blue Ribbon Hunter 4:28

We traveled to the National Hamburger Festival in Akron, Ohio where fifteen chefs battled it out for America's most creative burger. We saw everything from a Korean BBQ burger to an Over-Easy burger, but the winner will really blow you away.

•  

Jamie D

http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/best-burgers-in-the-us

Slide show: "Best Burgers in the U.S."

The burger, America's quintessential comfort food, can now be enjoyed in an impossibly endless number of ways. There are round-the-clock burgers at 24-hour-roadside joints and ephemeral late-night burgers sold out in mere minutes; burgers grilled in hundred-year-old cast-iron broilers and burgers steamed in state-of-the-art ovens; burgers crafted from Kobe beef imported from Japan and burgers made with Black Angus beef from just down the road. It's clearly a great time to love the burger. Here, we've singled out the best burgers around the country.
  •