Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Your first swimming suit

Started by peky, June 14, 2012, 08:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peky

S, after 2 years of RLE I finally bit the bullet and got my self a swimming suit (one piece), and wore it to the pool. For emotional support I had my 16YO daughter next to me.

Well, it went uneventful, I sat by the pool drink a beer, then swim for a while, and final I "air dried" under the sun. Wow, I am so happy.

How about you?
  •  

Jamie D

My first swimming suit was the one I was born with, and it is still the best.
  •  

wendy

I want to go to community pool party.  I was looking at swim boy shorts and bikini top.  I should make a splash.

Congratulations to you!
  •  

eli77

I stopped swimming at about 14 and avoided it entirely till I was post-op. Recently, I've been swimming at my mum's partner's place - there is an outdoor pool in his development (outdoor pools are a rare thing in my part of Canada). I like it there. And it's less hectic than other pools. Though it is pretty much always in use by someone. I used to be a really good swimmer, but after so long it will be a while before it comes back.

I wear boy shorts and a sports-bra-style bikini top - all in plain black. I actually look rather good in it.

I decided I'm really not butch enough to pull off the board shorts/rash guard thing. And not femme enough to do the standard bikini or a one-piece. So I compromised.
  •  

wendy

Quote from: Sarah7 on June 14, 2012, 10:51:42 PM
I stopped swimming at about 14 and avoided it entirely till I was post-op. Recently, I've been swimming at my mum's partner's place - there is an outdoor pool in his development (outdoor pools are a rare thing in my part of Canada). I like it there. And it's less hectic than other pools. Though it is pretty much always in use by someone. I used to be a really good swimmer, but after so long it will be a while before it comes back.

I wear boy shorts and a sports-bra-style bikini top - all in plain black. I actually look rather good in it.

I decided I'm really not butch enough to pull off the board shorts/rash guard thing. And not femme enough to do the standard bikini or a one-piece. So I compromised.

Hmm.  You stopped swimming.  I stopped singing after my voice changed at 11.  I was in choir.

I swam with a shirt after my late twenties.  One guess what I did in my late twenties to require a shirt in water activities. 

One friend in community in a distant land had a pool in her walled backyard.  She told me to go swimming in my birthday suit.  I think it was first time I had been in a pool in twenty years.  I had pool to myself. 

It is a goal to swim with others of community this summer.

Maybe one day I will swim with cis-gender people again.
  •  

Kelly J. P.

I can't swim.

Being a skilled ghost, I just slinked into a corner for all those school swimming lessons and was generally not noticed all that much. I was quite afraid of being underwater, and I still am; when I had to do things, like pick up objects from the bottom of the pool... I would just use my feet to pick them up.

So, I may not get a swimming suit. Besides, proper nerds are landlubbers anyway...
  •  

Constance

I swim like a rock, but I've been thinking about getting a swim suit. I'm not sure what I want to do about that though.

Michelle G

oh jeez....this is bringing up icky memories of swimming pool locker rooms as a kid...oh the horror of seeing grown men and other boys showering when I thought I should be in the "other" locker room :(

I'm fine now that I have rivers and lakes to swim in, and I have a pool in the yard to float around in when I want :)

been wearing bikini bottoms and going topless this summer...cuz I can!
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

peky

Quote from: Michelle G on June 15, 2012, 11:08:12 AM
oh jeez....this is bringing up icky memories of swimming pool locker rooms as a kid...oh the horror of seeing grown men and other boys showering when I thought I should be in the "other" locker room :(

I know what you mean; they are hairy, and gross, and smelling, and vulgar, ewwww
  •  

Alexis

I'd love to go out and get one, but I'm not there yet. Shame though, cause I really miss swimming
  •  

wendy

Quote from: Michelle G on June 15, 2012, 11:08:12 AM

been wearing bikini bottoms and going topless this summer...cuz I can!

I challenge you to a topless with guys as judges.

Hint, they will not look at my face.

Nolo Contendere for bottoms.
  •  

Debra

My first was pre-HRT. I went down to visit my aunt and uncle for my grandmother's funeral. I wore a one piece with my forms in. It was rather odd.

Nowadays I stay away from the one-pieces because it really falttens out my boobs. I find the extra padded swim tops/bikinis work better for me.

•  

Catherine Sarah

When FairyGirl was around, she convinced me to make one of my transition goals a bikini.
But I had to wear it legitimally. Still on target. By hook or by crock (or hi jack a gurney on its way to OR), the summer of 2013, dear Catherine will be buying AND wearing her first bikini.

There is a www based camera somewhere on the northern beaches, Dee Why or Colleroy I think. So on a prescribed date you will all be able to see the dear girl wear her prize, with pride I'll be the one glowing.

Be safe, well and happy.
Lotsa huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

JennX

Black two-piece Calvin Klein... Stunning if I do say so myself.  >:-)
"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton
  •  

peky

Quote from: JennX on June 21, 2012, 04:51:59 PM
Black two-piece Calvin Klein... Stunning if I do say so myself.  >:-)

Pictures please
  •  

CosmicJoke

i have a one piece as well. i just swam in it, i felt much more right in it and like the goddess i am, lol.
  •  

MadelineB

I just bought my first swim suit since going full time, since swimming was one of the things I loved that I later stopped because it triggered dysphoria. I love my new suit, it is an all black maillot style with some contrast border across the top to draw the eye up, two straps that can be crossed for less gapping, a tacked down mock skirt at the waist, rising on one side toward a little bow.  I had to face that I still have a lot of weight to lose, but what girl doesn't?
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

MadelineB

My other first swimming suit was actually a result of my earliest attempts at dressing in my true gender. My parents were John Birch Society members and very conservative Mormons, and when I insisted at age 3 that I would go naked before I would ever wear underwear that weren't girls panties, my horrified mother covered up my gender variance with a compromise - for the next two or three years, the only underwear I wore were nylon "Speedo" swim bottoms that looked and felt like panties to me. She told everyone that I was just eccentric, and that I insisted on wearing swim suits round the clock because I loved to swim!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

peky

Well girls, I went the pool again, and well no big deal. I also could loose a few pounds so I get into one of those tankinis.  I started reducing the carbs and going to a gym

In two weeks I will be going to the beach with half of my crew (my kids)
  •  

Tristan

i just did my first one this past weekend. i was shocked to find out that guys did flert with me and wanted my number? i was like why? they were like your cute and nice. i dont see it...
  •