Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Ooops I've done it again

Started by Cindy, June 24, 2012, 02:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Well I've been humming and whatever you do when you don't hum, about getting acrylic nails. So Cindy goes of to Marion Westfield shopping centre.  A small quiet place of about 400 stores every major dept store and packed with people on a Sunday arvo. No problems I'll blend in :laugh:. So I go to a nail place and I walk in and the manager says yes Mam what can we do for you. I'd like nail extensions, 'what colour' he asks pointing a vast array of colours. I sort of think of something that will blend in unnoticed; then I pick a bright pink'purple. Who wants to be unnoticed?.  I sit down and technician comes over, all the staff and manager appear to be Chinese, the girl I had was called Trinity, on her name badge and was nice and friendly. She did chat to her next door technician in Chines some times so could well have been talking about me, I was wearing boots, jeans and a female sweater but no wig. But I'm very confident. When we got to the length, I told her that this was the first time, so she checked that I could pick things up etc. It took about 20 minutes and then I was placed, or rather my hands were place under the dryer thingy. Interestingly as I stood to walk to the dryer, she ran around to collect my handbag as I saw over techs do for other woman. Well there were only woman in the shop, except for the manager.

Very pleasant experience.

So I walked around for a while getting lots of looks, mainly from other woman. Not sure why but I get far more looks and 'check me out' looks from woman than men.

It doesn't bother me BTW.

So here I am typing away with totally awesome nail extensions in a gorgeous colour.

Another thing done that I never expected to do a few years back. And how difficult was it?

Easy.
Totally easy

Cindy
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Cindy

I've never worked out how to load pics. I can do avatar things or links from you tube etc but not sure about pics from my camera. Being blonde of course doesn't help.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on June 24, 2012, 02:33:31 AM
I've never worked out how to load pics. I can do avatar things or links from you tube etc but not sure about pics from my camera. Being blonde of course doesn't help.

I think the most common method used is to upload your photos to a picture sharing site, and link from there.
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Jamie D on June 24, 2012, 02:43:17 AM
I think the most common method used is to upload your photos to a picture sharing site, and link from there.
Yes. I use photobucket.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Cindy

Do I google photobucket and go from there?
  •  

Felix

everybody's house is haunted
  •  

justmeinoz

Sounds like a fun day darl.  I will be interested to hear how they last.
I have just realised I have just chipped one of my shellac nails. Not bad, first damage in 3 weeks, including guitar playing.
Over the past fortnight I have become addicted to false eyelashes too.  ;D

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •