Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous darling" thread. 2

Started by Nero, June 24, 2012, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Pleasingly Plump Jamie D on February 20, 2013, 03:21:51 AM
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."
I'm in my mid-50s, Cindy James just turned 60.  We older members have a certain panache the younger members have not yet developed! 

And aches and pains and swollen joints, cramps, farts, and pattern baldness, facial lines and barnacles......I'd rather not have all that panache myself.   :icon_peace:
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: anya on February 20, 2013, 09:32:44 AM
wow.... I would have never guessed you started at 57. You look really beautiful.

I started at 27 and I wonder how it would have been if I started at 22. I think this is something most of the girls have
Thank you very, very much, Anya. It's nice to hear a compliment at any age. Don't look back too hard, wait till you turn 32. 22 won't matter, you'll simply be ecstatic you began at 27! I began at 23, and lost a marriage I had no business being in to begin with. I look back too much, and I need to stop doing it, but I realize more every day that in not transitioning when I began I completely wasted 35 terribly depressing and self loathing years. My life is better than I ever hoped, dreamed or prayed it could be, but the regrets I have in not moving forward long ago hurts. But Anya, you can't change a moment of your past, only today matters and what I do to make it a special and great day. Most are, and under the circumstances I'm happy with my transition. By the way, I love your avatar.
These three years have been the best of my entire life
ones I've been able to live without lying
and the only time I've had since the age of twelve
I haven't constantly thought about dying

•  

Chris29

Quote from: anya on February 20, 2013, 09:32:44 AM
wow.... I would have never guessed you started at 57. You look really beautiful.

I started at 27 and I wonder how it would have been if I started at 22. I think this is something most of the girls have
Definitely, your results are very good Miranda!
As for myself, started at 19/ hrt shortly few days after 20th b-day --> still think why didn't have the courage to do this at 14/15 or so. It s a normal thing to wonder what could have been.
  •  

Keaira

I got my hair cut 2 days ago. I sure look tomboyish. But I like it to be honest. I've never had my hair parted to the side before either.
  •  

muffinpants

Quote from: Keaira on February 20, 2013, 05:51:21 PM

I got my hair cut 2 days ago. I sure look tomboyish. But I like it to be honest. I've never had my hair parted to the side before either.

Oh I love that cut! It looks so adorable, the length of the bangs and the waviness. Lookin good! <3
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Shantel on February 20, 2013, 10:15:22 AM
And aches and pains and swollen joints, cramps, farts, and pattern baldness, facial lines and barnacles......I'd rather not have all that panache myself.   :icon_peace:

Shantel, my dear, "distressing" adds quaint charm and value to the furniture.  ;)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Pleasingly Plump Jamie D on February 20, 2013, 07:07:04 PM
Shantel, my dear, "distressing" adds quaint charm and value to the furniture.  ;)

You're such a positive optimist, we all admire you for that Jamie D!  :eusa_clap:
  •  

michelle666

I'm in NYC, did some shopping, got a new jacket. I got some new boots and jeans the other day, so I'm wearing those out too.

The boots are actually killing me to wear, right after I got them I dropped a 10 year old laptop on my little toe while wearing a pair of converse all stars. My toe is all bruised and swollen. It hurts, but I absolutely love these boots.

It's kinda freezing out, so I might go with a scarf and hat, I'm undecided on it though.

•  

Kevin Peña

Michelle, you wear that scarf and hat now, young lady. Don't want to catch a cold. Not to mention that, more importantly, they are so cute!  ;D
  •  

Carolina1983

I really like that haircut on you.

Looking good :)

•  

Seyranna

Quote from: Carolina1983 on February 16, 2013, 06:04:59 AM
Thank you. But I dont get it, what am I not seeing?  :o, or maybe I should ask what I see the others dont? :P.

What I am planning to do is the following.

1 : Fix my nose to a more feminine shape.

2 : Reduce the lengh of my chin

3 : Reduce the with of jawbone (not like extreme but a little)

4 : Get rid of browbone

5.  Fix hairline

6. Make my upper lip a bit bigger but not much, only so that it is even with my other

Thats about it I think :)

You don't need "the works" dear... A lot of stuff you think wrong is perfectly fine... I'd forward you to a video of a girl that was perfectly passable who had FFS and now the right side of her face is completely paralyzed and she's disfigured. She can't even close her right eye... FFS is something you do out of necessity which is really and I mean REALLY not your case.
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: Chris29 on February 20, 2013, 11:15:06 AM
Definitely, your results are very good Miranda!
As for myself, started at 19/ hrt shortly few days after 20th b-day --> still think why didn't have the courage to do this at 14/15 or so. It s a normal thing to wonder what could have been.
Thank you for your kind compliment Chris, and I agree, it is natural to look back. I need to stop though, because I'm looking back too much lately. I've made so many terrible decisions in my life between nearly transitioning in 1978 and finally doing it in 2011, that today in the mall with my mom I had these pangs of sadness that were so bad I thought I was going to break down and cry right there. I didn't even know what set me off to make me feel that way, but it undoubtedly had to do with transitioning late and issues with age and wasted decades. I didn't just have dysphoria come from the mist in my twenties or later. My earliest memory is of me in my mom's makeup and jewelry thinking I was my mom and dad's daughter at 2, a memory that has never changed, along with the feeling I'm in the wrong body. There were no girls in my family, but somehow my mom had frilly dresses and other things to dress me, and for me to dress and play in from 2 to 4 1/2, another clear and painful memory. My mom, who just turned 85, desperately wanted a daughter when she had me told me a few months ago that she wishes I would have been clearer during my adolescence about how badly I needed to live as a woman because they would have let me transition then.  I told them so clearly at 16 I hated my body and wanted to live as a girl that they sent me to a psychiatrist. It's a nice thought but never would have happened. I'm a baby boomer and we were taught before anything to conform and keep our voices down, because "What will the neighbors think?" I can honestly admit that I can't remember what that male impersonator called Randy used to look like, but after all the terrible decisions I've made and the dire consequences that accompanied them I spend too much hard earned happiness I've acquired during this last 17+ months thinking 'what if?'. But after writing this, I feel somewhat purged of that feeling! By the way, thank you Jamie, for your ticker factory instructions. God bless you all, Mira
These three years have been the best of my entire life
ones I've been able to live without lying
and the only time I've had since the age of twelve
I haven't constantly thought about dying

•  

Keaira

Quote from: Carolina1983 on February 20, 2013, 10:18:19 PM
I really like that haircut on you.

Looking good :)

Thank you. ^_^
I've got mixed feelings about it myself. I think it makes me look a little more masculine or tomboyish. But its a lot better than my old haircut. But, it works and I like it so thats what matters I guess. ^_^
  •  

Jay-Bird

Quote from: michelle666 on February 20, 2013, 09:43:59 PM
I'm in NYC, did some shopping, got a new jacket. I got some new boots and jeans the other day, so I'm wearing those out too.

The boots are actually killing me to wear, right after I got them I dropped a 10 year old laptop on my little toe while wearing a pair of converse all stars. My toe is all bruised and swollen. It hurts, but I absolutely love these boots.

It's kinda freezing out, so I might go with a scarf and hat, I'm undecided on it though.

Hey michelle666, you do look fab indeed.
Love those boots! :)

Without sleep there are no dreams, Without dreams we fall apart at the seams
  •  

Jay-Bird

Quote from: Miranda Elizabeth on February 19, 2013, 10:43:28 PM
Hi Donna,
     Although I've been a member for a few years I've had very few posts. But I remember your photos and you're prettier all the time! All the girls I've seen on this thread are pretty and more than passable, (except mine, apparently). I haven't been on more than about ten pages of this particular thread, but I wish I would have started transitioning at 17 or 27, a very far cry from the ripe old age of 57, which is when I started. I'm happy for and proud of all of you. By the way, could someone tell me how to paste my own 'Ticker Factory' progress calendar thingie? It took me a while to be able to put up an avatar, the "Before and After" thread and the six pics here day before yesterday. I'm missing a few plug-ins on this computer, so I went downstairs and had no trouble. I'm really beginning to enjoy this site, so please, humor me a bit while I find my way around. Hugs, Miranda

Hey Miranda, I think you look really good and I would not have said 57 either :)
I definitely think about 80% of us trans folk suffer from "gawd I wish I started earlier" sadness.
In fact, I have had many many teary sessions because I started at 33 and still have them now.
But what can we do? not much, hold your head high and try be happy with how you look and what you got now - at least that's what I try tell myself.

Without sleep there are no dreams, Without dreams we fall apart at the seams
  •  

Puggal

OMG you are so beautiful! I remember one of your posts over a year ago, where you were scared to leave your motel room dressed as a girl. Hard to imagine now!!!
  •  

anya921

Tomboyish or not you look cute for sure.

Looking good michelle. You look beautiful
  •  

Joanna Dark

I'm new but have been stalking these threads for weeks and this has to be my fave part of the site. So far. A lot of you look so pretty and are so courageous. So I'll put myself out there. I think I look lil fab in this pic. I have to paste the link, since I guess because I'm so new I am not allowed to post images? It's not the best image, it looks like the flash blew up my nose (which I hate. My nose that is) and trust me I don't ever really look this way. I was just having fun. Gawdy fun.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/dedalus3333/CIMG0490.jpg p

Well do ya think I'm clockable? Maybe if y'all are nice I'll show you what I look like sans make up. It isn't pretty.

•  

Carolina1983

I dont know, the pic doesnt show much =/. And taaz is a good site to try out haircuts etc on but it doesnt look real so it makes pictures look a bit funny.

If I where you I would post a picture when you have real makeup on etc. I promise you that it will look alot better :)

Quote from: Joanna Dark on February 21, 2013, 05:08:37 AM
I'm new but have been stalking these threads for weeks and this has to be my fave part of the site. So far. A lot of you look so pretty and are so courageous. So I'll put myself out there. I think I look lil fab in this pic. I have to paste the link, since I guess because I'm so new I am not allowed to post images? It's not the best image, it looks like the flash blew up my nose (which I hate. My nose that is) and trust me I don't ever really look this way. I was just having fun. Gawdy fun.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/dedalus3333/CIMG0490.jpg p

Well do ya think I'm clockable? Maybe if y'all are nice I'll show you what I look like sans make up. It isn't pretty.
  •  

michelle666

Quote from: Puggal on February 21, 2013, 01:33:46 AM
OMG you are so beautiful! I remember one of your posts over a year ago, where you were scared to leave your motel room dressed as a girl. Hard to imagine now!!!

Thanks! I think back one year and my confidence has increased about 1000% since then. This board has helped me a lot with everything from makeup to self esteem issues.
  •