Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Update on Susan's Place

Started by Susan, July 10, 2012, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Where do I sign?

I'll be there!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Edge

Quote from: MadelineB on July 10, 2012, 11:22:25 PM
How about Pink, Mauve, Chartreuse, and Sephira-style memberships?
I want a Sephira-style membership. Her avatars are always so pretty. :D

I'll pay for a membership when I can. A few bucks a month is definitely doable and this place offers valuable resources. Thank you.
  •  

Madison Leigh

Quote from: Michelle G on July 10, 2012, 07:57:48 PM
Yes, an annual donation works best for me as well, $60 per 12 months is not bad at all

As with a few others I would personally prefer an annual option; but regardless you will have my support.  :)

Madison
  •  

peky

I will be very happy to contribute to "Susan's Place." 
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Beth Andrea on July 11, 2012, 01:52:33 AM
I'm in. Show me the link, baby, show me the link!

:)

+1

And can I subscribe more than once, or move to a higher level and pay more?

Your profound and immense efforts are more than greatly appreciated, Susan.  You are truly a LEGEND

Love
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Alexis

However it's done, I'd be happy to contribute :)
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

More than willing to pay, when I can.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

ativan

Quote from: Robyn on July 11, 2012, 12:28:10 AM
And I like the idea of optional higher giving levels. Could have a special symbol under the bio pic.
And many thanks to Cindy James for being a major benefactor. I guess she's not an unemployed sheep herder after all.  8-)
Robyn
Having a special symbol, or any symbol under a bio pic would just be separating people into classes of can and cannot afford, which may be the case for many. I have no qualms with a membership, even different levels, but a special symbol would smack of a class separation that is not needed here. Enough of that goes on without it, to introduce it on a monetary level would serve no purpose to what the forum is about.

CJ...never once thought of you as a sheep herder, let alone an unemployed one. I assume that was meant as a joke, But I do have a mental picture of some as thinking in terms of being a sheep herder, now. I once worked as the Management Coordinator ('troubleshooter') for a family owned business and had many discussions with all levels of management and employees about how easy it is to think of employees and customers as less than they deserved. The company ship ran on an even keel as long as I was there. Many of the policies I developed became a part of the companies policies of commitment (mission statement) to it's customers through the employees empowerment to customer service. Positive action vs. reaction. They got rid of the us vs them mentality that was so common in business then, as it is today. The benefit of watching employees and customers grow into some of the best I have ever had the pleasure to work with was enormous.
I think memberships are a move in the same direction and I can see it happening here. The forum has always been moving in that direction. It is one of the reasons it is successful. I see this as another step in that direction.

Susan,..Thank you for sharing what it has taken to have and keep this site running. Memberships, and the 'Just for Us' benefit is a wonderful idea. Trolls being what they are. I especially like the idea of some compensation to the staff, also. Many deserve it, and I think it would promote a more even disposition among them and to the members. Good idea.

Monthly, quarterly, semi and annual memberships would open up more options and also allow you to have an idea of what money is available in those time frames, at least for the near future. It would be nice for members to have an idea of what may be expected with a timely report of how the money is being used (personal salaries and personal information related excluded).
Moving this forum into the option of allowing people the choice of being more inclusive could be a good thing. I look forward to the implementation, very much. It may have more benefits than just improving the servers and speed (both of which is good news).

In appreciation to you and the staff,
Bring it on!

Ativan
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on July 11, 2012, 12:32:29 PM
Having a special symbol, or any symbol under a bio pic would just be separating people into classes of can and cannot afford, which may be the case for many. I have no qualms with a membership, even different levels, but a special symbol would smack of a class separation that is not needed here. Enough of that goes on without it, to introduce it on a monetary level would serve no purpose to what the forum is about.

Amen to that

CJ...never once thought of you as a sheep herder, let alone an unemployed one.

But she does come from South Australia, after all. Which is internationally know for its wine industry; but it does have its fair share of sheep running round it. Some actually in Adelaide itself.  :laugh:  :laugh: :icon_archery: Catherine

I assume that was meant as a joke,

Not at all. Us Aussies are all very serious people.

But I do have a mental picture of some as thinking in terms of being a sheep herder, now.

You see now. You've probably driven right past her on one of your wine tours in the Adelaide Hills. She was no doubt standing on the side of a hill herding (or is it hearing)(herding must be past tense for hearing) her sheep. The sheep would have been the four legged ones, just in case you couldn't differentate. Or if she was sleeping on all fours at the time, the sheep would have had wool on their backs. Hope this jogs your memory of the occasion.  :laugh:

The author now wishes to remain anonymous, due to the high probability of being branded or flogged or both.

Yours truly
(Ms.) A. N. Onymous

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

peky

CJ...never once thought of you as a sheep herder, let alone an unemployed one. I assume that was meant as a joke, But I do have a mental picture of some as thinking in terms of being a sheep herder, now. I once worked as the Management Coordinator ('troubleshooter') for a family owned business and had many discussions with all levels of management and employees about how easy it is to think of employees and customers as less than they deserved. The company ship ran on an even keel as long as I was there. Many of the policies I developed became a part of the companies policies of commitment (mission statement) to it's customers through the employees empowerment to customer service. Positive action vs. reaction. They got rid of the us vs them mentality that was so common in business then, as it is today. The benefit of watching employees and customers grow into some of the best I have ever had the pleasure to work with was enormous.
I think memberships are a move in the same direction and I can see it happening here. The forum has always been moving in that direction. It is one of the reasons it is successful. I see this as another step in that direction.

Susan,..Thank you for sharing what it has taken to have and keep this site running. Memberships, and the 'Just for Us' benefit is a wonderful idea. Trolls being what they are. I especially like the idea of some compensation to the staff, also. Many deserve it, and I think it would promote a more even disposition among them and to the members. Good idea.

Monthly, quarterly, semi and annual memberships would open up more options and also allow you to have an idea of what money is available in those time frames, at least for the near future. It would be nice for members to have an idea of what may be expected with a timely report of how the money is being used (personal salaries and personal information related excluded).
Moving this forum into the option of allowing people the choice of being more inclusive could be a good thing. I look forward to the implementation, very much. It may have more benefits than just improving the servers and speed (both of which is good news).

In appreciation to you and the staff,
Bring it on!

Ativan

Shocks! just when I thought "Monarchy" was finally coming to America!
  •  

Rising_Angel

I would happily help through a subscription!
Insist on yourself, never imitate. ~RW Emerson
  •  

auburnAubrey

Susan, Thank you for all your hard work and personal sacrifice.  It is amazing.

I have no problems with a monthly subscription.  I do like the idea of keeping it available for free for those who cannot afford it, because for some, this is their only form of therapy and support.  And we all know how tough it is out there.

I wonder if a "donation" button would be good along with the subscription, so that people who cannot pay every month can give when they can afford it, and those (even with a subscription) who care to donate more, can do so above the subscription.  It doesn't have to be tax deductible...... just an available source for people to enter their own amount they wish to donate.  That will also help those who want a yearly or semi yearly fee just pay the $60 one time, and keep going.

I will be a subscriber.  Thanks for all your selfless dedication.
"To live both the yin and the yang, the male and the female, is a divine gift." ~ Me

"Know the masculine, but keep to the feminine, and become a watershed to the world". ~ The Tao Te Ching
  •  

Arch

I've been patiently waiting to hear how all of this is going to be handled, and I think it's great to take donations by subscription. I also like the idea of different options--one-time donations, annual subscriptions, higher donation levels, and so on.

My only concern is security. I am pretty invested in maintaining my anonymity here. Would there be any connection between my screen name and my legal name? I'm guessing not, but I have to ask.

I wonder if I can coerce my therapist into subscribing. He gives money to the LGBT center, or he did last time I looked.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

SandraJane

I'm IN! Let us know when and where to sign up!
  •  

Michelle G

Arch,

I am thinking a cashiers check or money order mailed directly to Susan is pretty safe if you just include your unique screen name so she can put you on the proper list
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

Beth Andrea

I have noticed in the "Profile info/actions" tab there is now a "subscription" link (not working just yet).

While that will work, I'd suggest a more prominent (like at the top of each page, prominent) button which says "Donate to Susan's". That would take you to a page with all the neat-oh options (annual, biannual, monthly, single donation, etc), including a real-mail address and perhaps a PayPal link.

The more options to donate, the more people will (I think). Remember what Bluto in Animal House said..."Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Har...." ...no, that wasn't it....Oh yeah, "...grab a brew donation option....don't cost nothin'...

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Susan

Multiple levels ok, however paying more won't give you additional benefits just the personal satisfaction of knowing you helped more. Monthly, quarterly, half yearly, and annual options ok as well.  For the special symbol I think that's doable in a way that will give recognition of their level of support without throwing it in other peoples faces, I intend to use hearts instead of blocks like on staff.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Violet Bloom

I will be paying at the very least to help others as I decide on my own progression.  I feel very fortunate to be in a good financial situation and I don't mind sharing.  I was not aware of the astounding personal investment you put into this and now I feel almost ashamed for participating on the site.  My hope is that my humble contributions, monetary and written, can even begin to remotely help this community.  I honestly don't know what I would have done if I couldn't have signed up and begun a conversion about my own situation recently.  The opportunity for a little humor here and there amongst the serious talk has been just as much good medicine and everything else.

Thanks, Susan.  I couldn't have moved forward without you!

Sincerely,
  Violet

•  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Susan on July 11, 2012, 10:48:08 PM
Multiple levels ok, however paying more won't give you additional benefits

Thank you Thank you Thank you. Don't need additional benefits. I've had more from here than I could possibly pay back in a 1,000 lifetimes.

Monthly, quarterly, half yearly, and annual options ok as well. 

Good Good Good. When? When? When?
Has to be soon soon soon

For the special symbol I think that's doable in a way that will give recognition of their level of support without throwing it in other peoples faces, I intend to use hearts instead of blocks like on staff.

Personally don't need special symbols, I just need to get money rolling your way. ASAP

Thank you again for the enormous Herculean unbeknown efforts you have put in, Susan.

Huggs
Catherine

•  

PHXGiRL

•