Started by Dawn Heart, July 18, 2012, 02:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shang

My comfort foods are:

- Coca-Cola
- Dark chocolate
- Pasta
- Pizza

I don't think it's more of a female psychological trait over a male trait.  I know many men who will indulge in something when not in the greatest of moods.  I also don't think it's necessarily a human trait, either.  My friend's mom recently lost a dog and her other dog who was close to her [the deceased dog] started to eat a lot more than usual along with just laying around.
  •  

big kim

Tomato soup,veggie sausages with mashed potatoes and gravy and rice pudding on a cold winter evening
  •  

ClaudiaLove

Hi    ,           

I crave for comfort foods in many moods :  when I am depressed , anxious , scared , when I feel like I fall and it is no hope anymore  .  Sometimes I feel like I wish to get depressed only to allow myself to eat those foods , so it is more like ' forbidden food ate while feeling hopeless ' than ' comfort food '  :))
  The food I usually eat is :  Nutella cream , Chocolate , too much honey  ,  too much peanuts or peanut butter ,  milk cream  ,  sweetened cereals  ,  bread - although I don't anymore  ,  and many others I forget now .  Yet , I also get comforting by eating any food when I feel hungry  beside being depressed and anxious , instead of common diet hold backs  .  It is sad that after I eat it  I feel guilty and I blame myself so much , I feel that is my fault for not being how i want to be , so the comfort is gone and I am left with many extra pounds  . 

•  

kelly_aus

I haev a couple of dishes that are comforting to me for various reasons, primarily they remind me of a time in my life..

Today I'm cooking a navarin of lamb, whish is essentially a simple lamb stew.. It's a dish I learnt to cook in the dark days just prior to coming out but also something that, at the time, lit up my world.
  •  

Megan Joanne

The ultimate comfort (and if I knew what sex felt like, this would be better): chocolate cake (and/or pie, if I can have both I will), ice cream (sometimes I'll mix several flavors if I bought more than one kind), banana, frozen fruit (peaches, pineapples, mangos, strawberries, blueberries, cherries), and anything else I can add to it to expand the flavor (cookies, candy bars, peanuts, whatever I can) above the average desert. I'm feeling comfort right now thinking about it.
  •  

LordKAT

Quote from: Megan Joanne on June 01, 2014, 02:22:12 AM
The ultimate comfort (and if I knew what sex felt like, this would be better): chocolate cake (and/or pie, if I can have both I will), ice cream (sometimes I'll mix several flavors if I bought more than one kind), banana, frozen fruit (peaches, pineapples, mangos, strawberries, blueberries, cherries), and anything else I can add to it to expand the flavor (cookies, candy bars, peanuts, whatever I can) above the average desert. I'm feeling comfort right now thinking about it.

More chocolate, less cherries and I agree. The best thing is to throw it all in a blender and then simply call it food, and delicious.
  •  

Jill F

The pizza I make from scratch.
Breakfast burritos.
Margaritas from my own lime trees.
Dark chocolate anything.
Sashimi.
BBQ.
Cheese.
Spaghetti Carbonara.
The burgers I make while camping.
My voodoo chili.
Hot and sour soup and  moo shu pork while sick.
  •  

MacG

Mac n cheese.
Brunch.

Carlota

Salted caramel ice cream on two snickerdoodle cookies.
La conciencia es, a la vez, testigo fiscal y juez.

Consciousness is, at the same time, witness, prosecutor, and judge.
  •  

Taka

i think sushi and sashimi are the only foods that will actually comfort me. and curry, must not forget curry.
but i eat liquorice, chocolate, pizza, and other fast foods as well, when i don't feel in a mood for cooking and sushi isn't easily available.
  •  

asiandracula

haha~ for me lasagna is the opposite of comfort food (bad multiple experiences of food poisoning!)

My comfort food would have to be beef and kimchi stew :) its warm and filling and makes me think of good memories!
  •  

GenTechJ

My comfort foods (In no particular order):
Spam Musubi (from when I lived in Hawaii, spam is a staple in my pantry)
Loco Moco (Also from Hawaii)
Spicy gumbo
Cajun style dirty rice
Chicken and dumplings
Perogis
Pot stickers
Pizza (especially pepperoni and olives)
Gyros/Schawarma
Swedish meatballs
Beef stroganoff
Shephard's pie
Beef stew
And nothing beats grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup/chicken and stars when you're sick.
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

nayuki

I usually have cravings for many things but that's different... like when I'm feeling alone or depressed I usually just eat ice cream or something sweet, but never chocolate I find it way to rich, or I would make a nice smoothie which fresh fruits.  I'm pretty easy to please xD. 
  •  

immortal gypsy

Homemade spinach and ricotta lasagna.
Homemade cheese sauce. I will just make this sometimes and nothing else.
Chocolate
Quality ice cream
A good made hot chocolate
A slice of my homemade vanilla chocolate chip cheesecake with peppermint mousse topping

Any meal cooked for me that I didn't prepare myself
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

GenTechJ

Quote from: nayuki on August 06, 2014, 08:32:26 PM
I usually have cravings for many things but that's different... like when I'm feeling alone or depressed I usually just eat ice cream or something sweet, but never chocolate I find it way to rich, or I would make a nice smoothie which fresh fruits.  I'm pretty easy to please xD.

So, mostly a sweets kind of person? :)
I can't do sweets and I hate dessert rounds or challenges on cooking shows because I have sensitive teeth. I can't eat 90% of what's shown on cooking shows or in restaurants. I get a little mad when they do dessert challenges on my cooking shows. Show me the meat challenges! Make them do a vegetarian/vegan dish! Make them cook fish! Oh great, another effing dessert challenge.
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

antonia

Pecans, sunflower seeds, tuna, kimchi, nori snacks and my all time favourite pistachios.
  •  

Felix

everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Emily.T

Strangely enough for me I find comfort in yogurt especially strawberry
  •  

StevieAK

Hummus with carrot and cucumber slices.
  •  

GenTechJ

Quote from: StevieAK on August 09, 2014, 10:51:43 AM
Hummus with carrot and cucumber slices.

Mmmm, I haven't had good hummus in what seems like ages. I used to get it all the time when I went to my favorite Greek restaurant before they closed and my friends all raised their eyebrows. Don't knock something till ya try it I always say :)
  •