Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Comfort Foods?

Started by Dawn Heart, July 18, 2012, 02:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferretty

Milk... In fact I think I'm addicted to milk. Speaking of which I need more.
A merry christmas to all

What's that? Oh but it's too early for christmas you say? BLASPHEMY
It's never too early.

~Skye
  •  

ImagineKate

Tortilla chips and salsa. Must be spicy. I usually add hot pepper to the spicy one.
  •  

Muffinheart

I cook for a living and run my own business, but there are times when "comfort" foods trump something that takes a lot of effort. I love meat loaf...and chicken pot pies.....and anything made in my slow cooker.
  •  

Skyler

My comfort "food" is actually coffee. That might sound really weird but I can't quite function right without it even after I stopped drinking it for five or so months.....there is always this nagging in the back of my head that wants it after a long stressful day.
  •  

kelly_1979

One word: chocolate (I prefer it kinda bitter, >70% cocoa. )
Trying to emerge to my real self
  •  

rachel89

falafel
curry of almost any type made with chicken
kugel
stir fry made with chicken (I have countless recipes)
bourekas
skhug (a middle eastern hot sauce that looks like pesto)
sometimes a greasy burger from Five Guys

•  

V M

I have a few of them, Pancakes, Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, but for some reason Fish & Chips tends to top the list
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

yewboy

Either udon soup topped with pork (broiled in soy sauce, brown sugar and sake or rice wine vinegar) and blanched pak choi or Kassler done in a Römertopf with sauerkraut and boiled potatoes.

One is difficult to get the ingredients and the other takes forever, so they're a real treat when I do make them. :icon_biggrin:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

•