Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padma

I'm finally doing a tidy-up I've been putting off for months (and of course, it's hardly taking any time at all ::)). I'm finding a lot of things I'd forgotten I had. Some of them are really cool, some are really upsetting. So it goeth.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

V M

I went to wash my hands and the bathroom faucet made like a sprinkler  :o  So I took the aerator apart and cleaned the screen with some SLR... Simple task right? So I get it all put back together but when I go to test it the screen pops out and goes down the drain  :icon_anger:

LOL... Good thing I cleaned out the drain trap the other week  ::)  Oh well, I guess it was new aerator time so I got a new and improved water saving aerator and put it on... Yay, no more sprinkler head faucet  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Padma

My train to singing was cancelled last night at the last minute - so I took a couple of buses to get there instead. An old fella sat opposite me in the bus aisle smled at me and said something as he was getting off the bus. I articulately said "Eh?", and he repeated himself, but the bus was too noisy, and so all I heard was "mumble mumble mumble, my love."

I have no idea what he said to me, but "my love" is a west country thing you'd never say to a man, if you're a man.

I feel in more or less equal parts flattered and creeped out. I'm pretty sure he wasn't being creepy - you can tell a lot by how someone smiles. But I was still creeped out, and I'm not sure why. But also flattered :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Brooke777

My chest hurts a lot. I mean, it is hard to wear a shirt. This makes me happy, because it means I am growing. However, I don't like hurting this much.  :( ;D
  •  

Jam

I love college it's going great but wearing my binder this much more often is killing my chest.
It feels like my ribcage is just going to implode and pop out of my back.
  •  

Brooke777

Quote from: Jam on November 08, 2012, 02:03:09 PM
I love college it's going great but wearing my binder this much more often is killing my chest.
It feels like my ribcage is just going to implode and pop out of my back.

Ouch!! That sounds horrible!
  •  

KayCeeDee

I had to get my hair trimmed up today, and told the stylist I was wanting to grow it out long, but I wanted it trimmed more andro so it could style it either way. And I chatted with her; usually I sit in silence. So it was good to sort of come out to a stranger, so that made me happy. But it made me unhappy every time I saw my face in the mirror.
  •  

Padma

I'm heading for Bristol tomorrow for the weekend, to catch up with a few friends. I'd said i would attend a dance meditation evening tomorrow. But I realise I'm not really fit, physically or emotionally, to put myself through that - so I've told my friend I won't come to the dance thing after all. It makes me sad that I'm like this, but happy that I know well enough how to take care of myself that I'm willing to admit what I'm incapable of, before the fact. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Jam

Quote from: Brooke777 on November 08, 2012, 02:07:09 PM
Ouch!! That sounds horrible!

Haha feels horrible too >.< top surgery is on the horizon though thankfully  :)
  •  

Brooke777

Quote from: Jam on November 09, 2012, 02:28:54 AM
Haha feels horrible too >.< top surgery is on the horizon though thankfully  :)

That is good that top surgery is coming up.
  •  

♥ Dutchess

I got fired today..err "Let Go" from a really heinous job.
The good part being how lame and unfeeling the job was and how HAPPY I am to get away from it.
The bad being the cut in finances as I hopefully go on unemployment.
We're beautiful, like diamonds in the sky
  •  

V M

Finding myself rather impressed by various individuals, unfortunately they are not making a very good impression  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

My November labwork.

Lots of good stuff in there.  But one sour note as well.
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Happy:

- Bought a new watch:

Unhappy:

- I could not enter the electronics shop to buy an epilator because I was carrying a bag with the watch and did not have the exact coin required to operate the storage cabinet.

- I wanted to dip my sorrows buying a few t-shirts and the only had XL and XXL. And I was too big of a pussy to go to the ladies section, where I probably would have found something that suited me better.

•  

KayCeeDee

Happy: made a gaff and found it wasn't uncomfortable like I thought it would be. Really enjoyed wearing it.
Unhappy: Realizing I'm starting to run out of new things to stave off the dysphoria...
  •  

justmeinoz

Unhappy at leaving my girlfriend in Launceston after being together for a week and heading back to Hobart.  :( :'( Happy that she will be here Friday for the Pride Parade on Saturday.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Jam

The girl I have a crush on told me she likes me too! And that things haven't been great with her boyfriend in months so she's considering leaving him and not sure what to do.

But...she doesn't know I'm FTM.

:-\
  •  

MeghanAndrews

•  

justmeinoz

Brownie bites Meghan? If they bite you I reckon they are fair game for eating then. ;)

Still have a sinus bug, but have another day to recover before my girl gets here for the weekend. 
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Brooke777

Unhappy: My son's friend showed up with out letting us know ahead of time. Her parents have not told her about me being trans yet. I did not want to shock her, and think it should be up to her parents to tell her how they want to. So, I had to hide in my room for the short time she was here.

Happy: My son's mother (she and I don't usually get along), felt so bad that I had to hide. She kept apologizing for it and truly felt bad. That makes me happy because that means she is starting to understand how much it hurts me to have to hide the real me.
  •