Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

androgynoid

On the upside, I have my rescheduled date with the pretty lady today. On the downside, I'm so nervous I could probably vomit. First dates are probably the scariest thing. Scarier than zombies, and zombies are scary.
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Cain on December 10, 2012, 11:14:03 AM
On the upside, I have my rescheduled date with the pretty lady today. On the downside, I'm so nervous I could probably vomit. First dates are probably the scariest thing. Scarier than zombies, and zombies are scary.

Glad you got to catch up with your friend, and a rescheduled date!

I hope it all goes well!
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

DeeperThanSwords

Happy - went to the gym

Unhappy - went to the gym to escape very depressing vibe at home, and going to the gym made me feel dysphoric.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

V M

Had a fairly good session with my therapist today  :)

The shuttle drivers really kinda bug me  :-\  The first one was coughing her head off on the way there and had the heat up to high then the one on the way back started mumbling to herself and pulled into an elementary school parking lot so I ask her what's going on  ???  She tells me she wants to pick up a student before dropping me off so I ask when they get out of school and she says not for 10 min.s

I tell her I really don't want to sit out here waiting that long and I really don't want to be swarmed by a bunch of children and it will only take 5 min.s to drop me off and come back  ::)  She muttered something under her breath and took me home  8)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

The world ended... And the jokes on everybody who said it wouldn't! ^.^ jk
  •  

King Malachite

Peanut butter cookies

They taste so good but they are so bad for me.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

supremecatoverlord

I am listening to Amanda Palmer, so that makes me happy.

However, I wish I had someone who would recite her songs back and forth with me.
xD
Meow.

•  

Constance

The support team was treated to drinks and dinner tonight at a local restaurant. That made me happy to hang out with my coworkers and just have fun.

What made me unhappy is that I think I have a crush on the boss's boss. Not good.

Jenny07

Found a nice dress on-line that I wanted to buy, but when I went in to find it I couldn't find it. Hmmm. Not happy.
I seem to have lost a bit of my fear in the shopping in women's section, as I bought some other items instead and am happy.

Oh well, I will buy it on-line instead. A nice black sateen dress.
A nice coming out dress when that happens.

J
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Jenny07 on December 23, 2012, 01:08:51 AM
Found a nice dress on-line that I wanted to buy, but when I went in to find it I couldn't find it. Hmmm. Not happy.
I seem to have lost a bit of my fear in the shopping in women's section, as I bought some other items instead and am happy.

Oh well, I will buy it on-line instead. A nice black sateen dress.
A nice coming out dress when that happens.

J

Ohh Ohh OO,

The shopping bug has been transmitted. Nearly taken, full blown disease on the horizon.
  •  

Jenny07

I hope so as I have so much catching up to do.
Was in Myer in the city today, and it was busy.

I am sure that you would love to help.
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Cindy

Just buy me something expensive. I like ear rings,

It has been so hot here I think people gave up. I had to go for something I forgot for a salad and went to a smaller shopping mall and it was very quiet.

People seem worn out.

I thought the idea was to enjoy rather than die from exhaustion.
  •  

Cindy

I did meet the classic male shoppers.

Five guys mid twenties early thirties (and very cute) . OK you buy Mum one of those perfume sets in a basket, we don't have to wrap it. Dad gets after shave, F**k those spray guns look cool get them for the kids. Get Mum a pie cooker as well. Love pies. Remember we need wrapping paper and bows. That's one of those smelly candles, Sis likes them, get that.

OK I have a $100 anyone else? Cheap s**t she's your Mum.

I realise I was never a guy. But I do like them.

They were really nice and very very cute in a guy way.
  •  

Padma

Once again, Santa has brought me a UTI for xmas. Frankly, I'd prefer coal.

The plus side is, I really welcome an excuse not to eat sugar for a couple of days, since the yule-run-up has been bleedin' ridiculous on the cake/pie/choc front, and I can't afford bigger trousies.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Beth Andrea

...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Padma

Flying solo for xmas for the first time, and it's kind of nice (they're *my* roast veg, so I can lean towards more parsnips and garlic if I want!). But I was counting on visiting a friend tomorrow, and he's ill so I can't. Life is unpredictable.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Edge

My son woke up wired in the middle of the night. He woke me up at 4am by saying "Fix it! Fix it!" and pushing my broken glasses in front of my nose. Then, when I had them taped up, he poked me in the chest and said, "I love you."
  •  

V M

My Iguana's night time heat lamp suddenly burnt out early in the morning when it is most needed  :P  I had the forethought to order spare terrarium lights last week and was up and ready to change the bulb out for a new one  8)

Simple math:

Warm Iguana = Happy Iguana  :)

Cold Iguana = Dead pet  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Too Tall With A Bit Of A Belly V M on December 26, 2012, 06:13:13 AM
My Iguana's night time heat lamp suddenly burnt out early in the morning when it is most needed  :P  I had the forethought to order spare terrarium lights last week and was up and ready to change the bulb out for a new one  8)

Simple math:

Warm Iguana = Happy Iguana  :)

Cold Iguana = Dead pet  :P

Whew. That's a relief. Is there any other way to keep them warm? Blankets? lol
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

V M

Draping an electric blanket over the terrarium might work but it would be rather expensive on the electric bill and running my wall heater at 80 degrees all night is out of the question

Luckily experience has taught me that I'm going to need one or two nighttime heat bulbs and probably a daytime UV bulb right about this time of year  :)  Not sure why exactly but for some reason the lamps don't seem to last as well during the frozen months

But such is snow country, the temp. outside most likely won't get above freezing for at least the next three months and I keep my apt. around 40 - 60 degrees, so I have to find the least expensive but most effective way to keep the terrarium around 70 - 80 degrees

- V M
  •