Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily Aster

My makeup job. Looked great in the mirror. Looked horrid on film. Just something else I have to figure out.
  •  

Padma

Quote from: Fat Admin on December 26, 2012, 06:31:46 AM
Whew. That's a relief. Is there any other way to keep them warm? Blankets? lol
Kelp porridge would probably help, too. Happiness is a warm iguana.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Padma

Quote from: Emily_FormerlyKaren on December 26, 2012, 08:19:14 AM
My makeup job. Looked great in the mirror. Looked horrid on film. Just something else I have to figure out.
The camera's always rude. I've learned from experience that there's only one angle at which I like my face in photos, and it takes about 10 goes to get near it. Other people's photos of me? I lower my expectations.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

V M

I found it both humorous and sad that someone would try to B.S. me like they did  ::)  Oh wells, what can you do? People are people, never trust anyone  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Nero

Quote from: V M on January 02, 2013, 03:32:29 AM
I found it both humorous and sad that someone would try to B.S. me like they did  ::)  Oh wells, what can you do? People are people, never trust anyone  :P

what happened hon?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Cindy

I'm renewing my passport in my new name and female gender, looking at the picture of the old man in it is either making me laugh or cry and I'm not sure which is the more appropriate.

Geex he was an ugly old bugga
  •  

Padma

Womandrogyne™
  •  

Medusa

I was talking with one cute boy (I want to date) about how strange we are  ;D
I said that I bout Hello Kitty Cross Body Bag
and he replied
But still, at least you are a girl (as a girls can be silly  ;D )

As a pre-op and he don't know, oh ...   :-\ :'(
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

King Malachite

My glasses....this is the first time that I have picked out male glasses so that's good....but the bad part is that I don't like these too much
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Malachite on January 02, 2013, 02:00:15 PM
My glasses....this is the first time that I have picked out male glasses so that's good....but the bad part is that I don't like these too much

Pics so we can judge for ourselves.  :)
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

spring0721

My best friend is moving tomorrow, we packed her up today.  It was a really exciting time because she's super excited about her new job/new city etc. We looked at tons of old pictures from us when we were little which was fun and made us both laugh.  Excited for her & very sad at the same time :(
People are people, treat everyone with the same respect and courtesy that you want to receive.
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Fat Admin on January 02, 2013, 03:41:06 PM
Pics so we can judge for ourselves.  :)

I don't know if you can see it in the pic but the glasses kind of slant at an angle
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

V M

When I went to the store this evening people kept asking me if I was feeling okay  ???  Granted I appreciated their concern but I was thinking what the hecks? Do I look that bad? I am in quite a bit of pain and often feel rather tired, but that's a daily thing that I deal with... I just thought it was kinda weird  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Edge

I met up with some people this evening. Yay!
One kept going on about gender roles. Boo.
I was told that I look androgynous and could "go either way." Yay!
She told the other trans guy there that he looked feminine. Not cool. Boo.
The other trans guy showed up stoned. I'm not too pleased with that.
I got a babysitter for friday, bought myself pants, and put in my transfer to the science program. Yay!
  •  

crazy at the coast

The brother of a girl I know was in the store with her tonight and kept telling me how pretty I was. While in a way, that's nice and makes me happy, it also bugs me because I know if he actually knew about me, he wouldn't say it, just like a lot of the guys around here are about it.

•  

DeeperThanSwords

I just had to unfriend and block a guy on Facebook because he keeps using homophobic slurs to describe things he dislikes, ignoring my requests to keep that stuff off my wall, and telling me I'm "over-reacting" because I "have a vagina". This moron knows I'm trans, so that made it doubly annoying.

Sod it. I tried to get him to be a better person, but he's not for listening. I am not the A**hole Whisperer.

It was an unpleasant exchange though, so I've got a ton of social anxiety in my head right now.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: DeeperThanSwords on January 03, 2013, 10:27:03 PM
I just had to unfriend and block a guy on Facebook because he keeps using homophobic slurs to describe things he dislikes, ignoring my requests to keep that stuff off my wall, and telling me I'm "over-reacting" because I "have a vagina". This moron knows I'm trans, so that made it doubly annoying.

Sod it. I tried to get him to be a better person, but he's not for listening. I am not the A**hole Whisperer.

It was an unpleasant exchange though, so I've got a ton of social anxiety in my head right now.

I feel you there, confrontation tends to leave me rattled. It's hard, even when you know you are right, and you're standing by your values, I feel like I have something to apologize for. Or I wonder if I could have done better in making them change their ways, lol.
  •  

Constance

Last night, my sangha met for zazen in the home of one the sangha members who is dying. We sat in her living room, and on a table top were three tiny square canvasses on three tiny easels. They were pictures this dying members had painted for her granddaughter.

She'd given her granddaughter the Moon, the Sun, and the Stars.

Edge

My son isn't feeling well which means I have to miss the PFLAG meeting. On the bright side, I might have a babysitter for the next one. Also, the forty five minutes of quiet cuddles I got are so worth it. (It's just a cold, so I'm not worried, but he wants me to hold him when he's feeling poorly. I have no problem with that. ;D )

I just e-mailed my profs about using my preferred name. I am both excited and nervous. Mostly excited because most people have been supportive so far. Also, my androgynous looking geology professor is cool and funny and I have her again this semester, so I'm pretty happy about that while also being nervous because I don't know what she thinks of trans men. Especially one who will where green nail polish around halloween and look at the pink sandstone in the lab even though it's not one of the rocks on the lab because "it's pretty." (Really, it was because I was comparing it to the other pink sandstone, but also 'cause it's pretty.) Yep, I'm manly.
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Liam Erik on January 04, 2013, 10:00:04 AM
The cat takes enormous pleasure in pushing things off other things.  My contacts case, a Christmas bow, a tin of altoids, and my Hobbit 3D glasses just hit the floor one at a time. 

It is annoying to be unable to set anything on top of anything else with any reasonable expectation of it remaining thus.  But he's awfully cute. :icon_shakefist:

Cuteness is their superpower. It lets them get away with pretty much anything.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•