Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix

My cat wants to sit with me. That makes me happy because it's the chillest affection ever, and makes me unhappy because I'm trying to inject and the cat trying to jump up right now is not cool.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

King Malachite

Power outages are no fun to begin with but:

The good:  My internet is working

The bad: Half the power is out in my room and the kitchen and dining room.  My mom and brother get all the power in their room.  :(
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Happy - I'm no longer feeling scared to cut my hair off.

Unhappy - I can't afford to get it done properly, and Himself seemed less than on board when I mentioned it.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Phoeniks

I just learned to stand on my own two feet and hold my ground. Even if I'm abused emotionally. Even if my "friend" is the one who does that to me.

Phew.

Good thing: being true to myself.
Sad thing: seeing how superficial a "friendship" can be.
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough.
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Phoeniks on February 08, 2013, 06:47:35 PM
I just learned to stand on my own two feet and hold my ground. Even if I'm abused emotionally. Even if my "friend" is the one who does that to me.

Phew.

Good thing: being true to myself.
Sad thing: seeing how superficial a "friendship" can be.

*hugs*
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Felix

•  

Kevin Peña

Happy: I can do some pretty good impressions.  :)

Unhappy: They're of Kermit the Frog, Marvin the Martian, Optimus Prime, Boo-boo and Yogi, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Christian Bale's Batman, and Bane.  :icon_cry2:
  •  

V M

The checker at the grocery store gave me the wrong change  :-\   But she's a nice gal so even with having a migraine headache I was able to be nice and get it all sorted without raising much a fuss  :) 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Brooke777

Unhappy - I am so tired today. I stayed up past midnight last night and had to get up at 5 for work.

Happy - The reason I stayed up past midnight is because I was talking to this woman that I am quite interested in.  ;D
  •  

Emily Aster

How comfortable I am right now with girl underneath and androgyne on top is what makes me happy. What makes me sad about it is that I only have one shirt that I can consider androgynous, so I need to go shopping again (shopping is actually good.. having to get to the mall to do it is bad).
  •  

Felix

Finally getting Leah's vaccinations done today. It'll be nice to have it out of the way but I expect it'll get interesting. ::)
  •  

Edge

This weekend, I watched a series that I have mixed feelings for. On one hand, I really like it. On the other, it makes me feel kind of weird. Now, I'm in some sort of mood where I feel glad and down at the same time and I can't even describe why or anything and I want to discuss it with someone, but I'm afraid they'll be weirded out.
  •  

ford

I've been trying to get a job with the US Forest Service...it's been a long ongoing process, but I heard from them today and it sounds like I'll probably get it! The bad...they don't know I'm trans, and I'm hoping to start T soon. So basically, I'll show up, perhaps wait until I have a paycheck under my belt, and then say "Surprise!".

From what research I've done though it looks like federal employees have the right to transition at work...so perhaps this will all work out.
"Hey you, sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!"
~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  •  

Brooke777

Quote from: ford on February 12, 2013, 07:58:48 PM
I've been trying to get a job with the US Forest Service...it's been a long ongoing process, but I heard from them today and it sounds like I'll probably get it! The bad...they don't know I'm trans, and I'm hoping to start T soon. So basically, I'll show up, perhaps wait until I have a paycheck under my belt, and then say "Surprise!".

From what research I've done though it looks like federal employees have the right to transition at work...so perhaps this will all work out.

The Federal Government does a great job of protecting the rights of it's trans employees. Might I also recommend, go with the Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. That is the best plan I found with them.
  •  

Medusa

today I red what my estrogen injections would cause and depression is one of symptoms
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

Heather

Got over my fear of being out shopping in girl mode all by myself. Now I have to go to work in guy mode. :-* Which compared to the rest of my day totally sucks! I just can't wait till the day I'm full time. :eusa_pray:
  •  

Medusa

My GF said me "You never looked like a boy"
I'm happy to be nice girl now, but sad, because I can be me much earlier, I never was accepted as boy and was mistaken for girl
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: ford on February 12, 2013, 07:58:48 PM

This might be a good link for you.  It has been several years since I last worked for the federal government, but even at that time, my agency maintained a strict non-discrimination policy.
  •  

Felix

Maintenance guy in my house. On the one hand I don't want to have a stranger in my house right now, but on the other hand his accent is adorable and he keeps using gendered pronouns for the smoke alarm and other appliances. ;D
  •