Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance

It was late last night, but I was at a dance ritual at Pantheacon with my daughter, and I began crying over the fact that I'll never have a womb. But at the same time, it felt good to have this bit of mourning.

summer710

The Happy:
- I got on my roadbike for the first time this season.  It felt good to stretch the legs, and start shaking off the rust and dusting off the cobwebs for the upcoming season.

The Unhappy:
- There's alot of rust to shake off, and alot of cobwebs to dust.  [plus, I don't really know how my fitness will hold up, competing in the Men's fields while on E2, having been a mid-pack/bottom-pack racer last year].
You have suffered enough and warred with yourself - It's time that you won.
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

I met a nice gay guy tonight, but he's going out with an ex-friend's son.

(that's aside from the fact I'm unable to pursue anyone anyway)
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Edge

•  

Nero

Quote from: Constance on February 16, 2013, 09:22:26 AM
It was late last night, but I was at a dance ritual at Pantheacon with my daughter, and I began crying over the fact that I'll never have a womb. But at the same time, it felt good to have this bit of mourning.

Aww what kind of dance was it? Something womb-related?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

KayCeeDee

Happy that I'm getting better at doing my hair, but unhappy knowing I need a lot more practice at it.
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Happy that my new workout regime is already developing my muscles, but unhappy that they're still mostly buried under flab :(.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Darkflame

Happy that I went to the gym and had a great workout, unhappy that I went with my aunt to her gym and had to present female for the first time in a month, but happy that when I wore one of my oversized hoodies in between weights and machines I was correctly gendered  ;D
If I let where I'm from burn I can never return

"May those who accept their fate find happiness, those who defy it, glory"
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Not-so Fat Admin on February 19, 2013, 08:39:34 PM
Aww what kind of dance was it? Something womb-related?
Earlier in the evening I'd been at a Druidic ritual in which they talked about the womb of the Earth Mother. Then at this trance dance, there was a woman dancing near me with her hands low on her belly, right over her womb would be. So, it ended up being womb-related to me.

For today's un/happy combo, I was turned down for a blood donation because I'm on finasteride now. But on the upside, the phlebotomist congratulated me on the legal name and gender change.

V M

We had an early morning snow storm blizzard and the snow plows did a crap job of clearing the streets and forget about most sidewalks

So the bike ride to the store was quite an adventure a hay ride through hell and the motor traffic was rather dangerous

Oh well, I made it there and back alive  :-\   I suppose I should be happy about that, but I'm not sure
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

I needed some groceries so I turned in my change jar and the payout was a bit more than I expected  :)

Unhappy because I was trying to save up some  :(
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Brooke777

My son is on spring break for a week. I took him to stay with my parents for this week, yesterday. I'm happy that he will get to have a lot of fun, and I get some quiet time in return. I'm unhappy because I already miss him so much!! My house is so quiet without him here.  :( :)
  •  

ZoeM

Drive-through lady called me 'Ma'am' while taking my order. :)

Then she called me 'Sir' when she saw me at the window. :(
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

androgynoid

My Pathfinder character got killed. :( I liked her.

However, this gives me the opportunity to create a hilarious new character, whom I'm nearly certain will be a gnome paladin. Not sure on their gender yet.

I don't think I've ever played a character who wasn't small-size.
  •  

Renee

Being told I looked pretty. For some reason it bugs me when people irl say that, they're crazy.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Renee on April 26, 2013, 11:18:54 PM
Being told I looked pretty. For some reason it bugs me when people irl say that, they're crazy.

But you are!

•  

androgynoid

I had to wake up early, but someone I like a lot is snoring in bed next to me.

... I may have woken him up typing that really close to his head.
  •  

Renee

•  

Devlyn

The lilacs, they've been in bloom for a few weeks so they're getting raggedy. I stopped by for a sniff this morning and found this creature inhabiting them.

Which is my second happy/unhappy. I don't like spiders, but that is one cool looking animal!

•  

ZoeM

Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•