Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naomi

Unhappy - I quit my internship.

Happy - I quit my internship.
あたしは性同一性障害を患っているよ。

aka, when I admitted to myself who I was, not when my dysphoria started :P
  •  

Constance

I was asked by a woman today how far along I am in my pregnancy. This made me happy as it means I passed with flying colors. It made me unhappy because I'm overweight enough to look pregnant.

But, it mostly made me happy.

Jamie D

Oh, my secret wish - to have been a birth mother.

You are already a great parent, C.A.!
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Jamie D on June 06, 2013, 09:34:20 PM
Oh, my secret wish - to have been a birth mother.

You are already a great parent, C.A.!
Thanks, Jamie. I've been a little low again lately because of the whole I'll never be pregnant thing, but I don't want to start over at 43 and I do have 2 awesome (if I do say so myself) adult kids. But to be mistaken for a pregnant woman just totally made a good day even better!

FTMDiaries

Just had a wonderful lunch with an old friend of mine... whose son has severe cerebral palsy.

It was great to catch up with her and I got some wonderful cuddles out of her son. He's such a cheerful little tyke. But his opportunities in life have been destroyed because the midwife messed up his delivery. He won't even be able to sit up by himself, let alone do anything else. :(

Which kinda puts my problems into perspective: I have 99 problems, but I'm not in his shoes. Poor little guy.

•  

Padma

After 11 months of no contact, my ex-gf phoned me on Sunday. We had a lovely and honest catch-up, and now she and her (not so) little boy are visiting me tomorrow. I'm delighted but also anxious and sad - she's meanwhile finally come out, and has moved to London to live with her new girlfriend. I still have my feelings for her, and I'm going to have to hold it together in front of her son. I feel all topsy-turvy.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

V M

It had gotten dark and I had to make a run to the post office to mail off something I'd forgotten to mail off earlier  :eusa_doh:  To do this I had to ride through the University district where several students tend to gather in groups and so weaving around and through the congestion of the area can be a bit of a challenge

To make things worse my bicycle's headlight was beginning to fade out so I had little to no of chance of even being seen approaching

So, as I approached the intersections and groups of students I called out "Amok, amok, amok, amok!!!" Not only did I get a few laughs and giggles but also some cheers and applauds and the students happily made way to let me through rather than just standing about talking like a herd of cattle

All and all it went pretty well  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Constance

Quote from: V M on June 12, 2013, 12:01:26 AM
So, as I approached the intersections and groups of students I called out "Amok, amok, amok, amok!!!"
German rap from 1984:

bethany

I received a message from a friends husband today. Now my friend who is a staunch catholic is dead set against anyone who fits under the LGBT umbrella. So I really can't consider her to much of a friend anymore. Anyway her husband sent me this message

QuoteLooking good girl. Wish I had the guts to let my feminine side show.

I feel so bad for for the husband not being able to be who they want to be. But happy that I was told that I'm looking good.
  •  

FTMDiaries

Feeling a bit woozy after having had about a million vials of blood taken for some tests.

But... those tests are to see whether it's safe for me to go on T.

•  

King Malachite

happy-My favorite Youtube gamer has finally started on "The Last of Us"

Unhappy-only part one is out
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

I have started my journey at last, but it's going to be a long, hard, scary one.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Constance

I made a few adjustments to my OKCupid profile and my number of visitors has gone up quite a bit. Unfortunately, the number of people choosing to contact me hasn't.

Constance

Quote from: DeeperThanSwords on June 14, 2013, 02:01:34 PM
I have started my journey at last, but it's going to be a long, hard, scary one.
We'll make that journey with you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Jess42

The bad: I missed my ride to Reno in a luxurious motorhome ::) thankfully and now have to fly. The good: I'll be there before everyone else even with the TSA involved. And again the bad: I'll have to try to check into the hotel early, if possible. And again the good: I'll be well rested and everyone else will be tired.
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

•  

DeeperThanSwords

•  

DeeperThanSwords

Quote from: Liam Erik on June 15, 2013, 07:02:20 PM
That's great DeeperThanSwords, hope it all works out well!

Thanks! Everyone has been wonderful so far.

•  

big kim

I hope it goes well for you,good luck and best wishes.I'm happy I'm now closer to my Dad than I've ever been and we get along better than ever.I'm sad it took my Mum's death to bring this about
  •  

Edge

•