Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

Quote from: JulieR on July 15, 2013, 04:11:32 PM
I took out one post from the new ear piercing I got 3 weeks ago.  They recommend 6 to 8 weeks but the left one seemed to be doing great, the post was quite free to move and no soreness.  I tried to put in a dangley loop earring but the wire was not pointed or rounded, just cut flat and thus wouldn't find it's own way in the hole.  Sooo, i tried to put the original piercing stud back in , but it's small and I dropped the little beggar.  Finally found it but it still wouldn't go in easily.  I tried putting it through from the back and it finally came through.  My post is back in the hole, but inserted the wrong way.

I had similar experiences, Julie, culminating in having to ask my wife to help put the posts back in.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: JulieR on July 16, 2013, 11:25:04 AM
I remember reading about yours Suzi, I considered asking you about the outcome.  Was your wife able to get them re-inserted without much help?  I got mine back in (by myself the wrong way) with only a little blood, I'd hate to completely ruin the piercing by my haste.  Have you tried again, or are you going to wait a bit before another attempt?

We got them both back on. The instruction recommended 6 months before putting in hooks or rings, so I'm going to leave them in until then. I didn't get an infection, so I'm relieved about that, but after that, I expect I'll give up on posts altogether. Too hard to get the backs on.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

LordKAT

I have some money owed to me that will be sent this year. I have to send in proof of name change to receive it as it comes from before the name change. One person ma'amed me the whole time even with a deep voice and all the info.

Haven't had that happen in a couple years.
  •  

Makalii

While on my way to a concert a passing couple told me I "looked like a chick." They meant it as an insult but it still made me very happy. The best part, all I was wearing was some women's jeans and some eyeliner, along with all of my jewelry.
The sad part, I was with one of my very best friends, who might be the most masculine-minded person I've ever met, and he became almost enraged at the "insult" towards me. It's going to be so hard to come out to him.
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

V M

I decide to make pizza last night so I go to open a can of pineapple and notice that it has a convenient pull tab  8)  So I pull the tab and it breaks off  :-\  Feeling frustrated by that, I go all cave woman on it and give it a good whack with the can opener

Not only does the lid dent inward but now there is pineapple juice spattered everywhere  :o  Well, pried it open with a butter knife, made my pizza and today my apt. smells like pineapple  :icon_evil_laugh:

The maintenance man come to replace the leaky kitchen faucet  :icon_joy:  He woke me up  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

King Malachite

Happy- My hair is braided

Unhappy- I have to have curlers in for the night in other to keep them from coming loose
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

FTMDiaries

I've just heard that Zachary Quinto and Jonathan Groff have split up. Which explains why ZQ spent a lot of time travelling with his brother recently.

Yoohoo! Zach, I'm available!  :icon_archery:

•  

SaveMeJeebus

Quote from: FTMDiaries on July 18, 2013, 11:00:01 AM
I've just heard that Zachary Quinto and Jonathan Groff have split up. Which explains why ZQ spent a lot of time travelling with his brother recently.

Yoohoo! Zach, I'm available!  :icon_archery:

:o
  •  

dpadgett628

I hung out with this really awesome girl that I volunteer with all day. We were working a find raiser together and ended up talking and telling stories the whole time, then went to lunch together, then we hung out in her mom's office (she wasn't there) till her ride got there to pick her up. We were pretty much inseparable all day and it was great.

I'm too dense to know if she's into me or not, but if she is I'm going to have to tell her about me and that's terrifying to think about. She may already have an idea considering our supervisor uses her/she and calls me my legal name (and I look 12), but still, its a terrifying thought. Cause I really like her.

Being trans makes things more complicated than they should be sometimes  :P
"The future I'm living now, is not what I'd thought it'd be. The person I was before, is nothing like me. The future I'm living now, is the way I want it to be." -Sick Puppies

•  

Makalii

Quote from: dpadgett628 on July 18, 2013, 10:09:12 PM
I hung out with this really awesome girl that I volunteer with all day. We were working a find raiser together and ended up talking and telling stories the whole time, then went to lunch together, then we hung out in her mom's office (she wasn't there) till her ride got there to pick her up. We were pretty much inseparable all day and it was great.

I'm too dense to know if she's into me or not, but if she is I'm going to have to tell her about me and that's terrifying to think about. She may already have an idea considering our supervisor uses her/she and calls me my legal name (and I look 12), but still, its a terrifying thought. Cause I really like her.

Being trans makes things more complicated than they should be sometimes  :P

AWWW I'm so sorry!!! That really bites. In the words of my former self, "That really sucks bra'a." I wish the best of luck to you!! ^_^ And your avatar doesn't look twelve.  ;)

"Being trans makes things more complicated than they should be sometimes  :P"

True that Son! I feel for ya boy.
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

Makalii

btw, "Bra'a" is short for brotha which is short for brother. Some people don't understand my island speak sometimes.   ;)

Also, IS that you in your avatar? (I promise I'm not creepin!  ;D)
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

•  

dpadgett628

Quote from: Makalii on July 18, 2013, 10:37:25 PM
AWWW I'm so sorry!!! That really bites. In the words of my former self, "That really sucks bra'a." I wish the best of luck to you!! ^_^ And your avatar doesn't look twelve.  ;)

"Being trans makes things more complicated than they should be sometimes  :P"

True that Son! I feel for ya boy.

Thanks! I'm hopin it'll go fine, she doesn't seem like the type to care so hopefully she'll just be like "okay, whatever" and move on. If this conversation does happen.

Lol from face on I look 12 though!

Quote from: Makalii on July 18, 2013, 10:41:08 PM
btw, "Bra'a" is short for brotha which is short for brother. Some people don't understand my island speak sometimes.   ;)

Also, IS that you in your avatar? (I promise I'm not creepin!  ;D)

Aha I figured as much, no worries!

Yeah that's me! We were at the range (gun range) one weekend teaching a family friend's wife and daughter how to shoot.
"The future I'm living now, is not what I'd thought it'd be. The person I was before, is nothing like me. The future I'm living now, is the way I want it to be." -Sick Puppies

•  

Makalii

Quote from: dpadgett628 on July 18, 2013, 11:30:21 PM

Yeah that's me! We were at the range (gun range) one weekend teaching a family friend's wife and daughter how to shoot.

Your forearms look really good in that picture. ^_^ Just thought I'd let you know.
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

•  

FTMDiaries

A nice guy kindly let me go ahead of him in the queue at the supermarket because I was only buying one item. Unfortunately, he called me 'love' in the process... thereby misgendering me. Which of course stunned me and left me speechless - especially since this is the first time I've been misgendered for a couple of months.

However, I handled it like a gent. I thanked him for his courtesy, but said I was a bit surprised at being called 'love' by another man, because that doesn't happen a lot. At least, not in supermarkets. ;)

He laughed and said he's just a bloke who can't see anything when he doesn't have his glasses on. I said I'm a bloke who can't see anything clearly even if I do have my glasses on. A good laugh was had all round, and whilst being misgendered did sting, I didn't feel half as bad about it as I usually do.

•  

StellaB

Having to arrange filming five floors up on scaffolding on a building site.

I'm scared of heights, but I could really use footage of the London skyline from an elevated place for my film.
"The truth within me is more than the reality which surrounds me."
Constantin Stanislavski

Mistakes not only provide opportunities for learning but also make good stories.
  •  

Mary81

My first laser session. I am so exciting to have finally started on it. However, it hurt more than I was expecting and now I smell of burnt hair :( The idea of having to do it again in a few weeks is a little scary and the idea that I will also have to do electrolysis, which is the painful option, is terrifying!
  •  

King Malachite

Happy-My mother made the ground beef with taco seasoning that she made nearly all week

Unhappy- She didn't keep it simple like she did the other days and added stuff in the beef that made it so I couldn't taste the taco seasoning.  It also became thicker. :(
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Edge

Two of my friends are trusting me with their problems which I feel honoured for and I am glad to help with.
However, I have no one to talk about mine with. I can handle both my problems and listening to theirs (listening to someone else's problems is easy), but the people who are most likely to be supportive are the ones who are coming to me with some pretty heavy problems. I don't want to burden them and I don't want them to think they're burdening me (they're not).
  •  

StellaB

I have two important meetings today on opposite sides of London and only an hour between the two travelling by public transport.
"The truth within me is more than the reality which surrounds me."
Constantin Stanislavski

Mistakes not only provide opportunities for learning but also make good stories.
  •  

dpadgett628

Quote from: Makalii on July 18, 2013, 11:54:10 PM
Your forearms look really good in that picture. ^_^ Just thought I'd let you know.

Aha thanks!

•