Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makalii

- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

Keaira

Caleb and I watched the 3rd Episode of Orange is the New Black. And I found it really hard to watch because Sophia Burset's relationship with her wife was so close to mine. Well, Before she went to prison.
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Just back from BiCon.

Happy - I met some lovely people over this weekend at BiCon.

Unhappy - Having to say goodbye to them. Also, some of the seminars were very emotionally intense.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

LordKAT

I got a decent sized check in the mail, ...made out to me 2 legal names past.
  •  

Nero

Beer

and the horrible suspicion it's not good for me lol
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

DriftingCrow

Since I've been friendly with my estranged husband lately, he wanted to know if I was still going to divorce him. . . I basically said I'd be fine being friends living together but that I couldn't see us as more than friends. Made me unhappy: I hate hurting people's feelings, Made me happy: being honest even though it can be hard, because I know ultimately I'd never be able to give him what he needs, and I'd be tied down in a relationship that I didn't want.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Happy: I finally had my turbinoplasty.

Unhappy: They did not told me I would be hospitalized for half a day. Including removing my piercings, one of those hospital gowns that rob you of your dignity and to be transported in bed.

But what was the cherry on top was waking up and and discoverin that my "boobs" were completely exposed. Well, more like "perky teenager nipples", but still, since I was in male mode that day... Light speed cover. and quite red in front of the nurse.
  •  

King Malachite

Happy-Didn't have to watch my niece and nephew

Unhappy-My mother didn't buy a pizza because they wouldn't be over here
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Makalii

I tried to tell my mother that I was trans...
I'm happy to get sonething partially off my chest...
But she doesn't understand anything beyond
gentalia = gender... and she told me I was too young...
Basically flat out told me I was wrong...
And now I'm out looking for comfort...
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Makalii on July 23, 2013, 01:37:35 AM
I tried to tell my mother that I was trans...
I'm happy to get sonething partially off my chest...
But she doesn't understand anything beyond
gentalia = gender... and she told me I was too young...
Basically flat out told me I was wrong...
And now I'm out looking for comfort...

*gives you a big hug*

Don't think that is necessarily the way she will always feel, hon. Sometimes people immediately react upon being given information without actually thinking anything through. Running on instinct, or emotion. Give it some time, and don't give up. That she doesn't understand isn't necessarily an indicator that she never will. You've taken a big step and regardless of how she took it, you should be very proud of yourself. I'm proud of you. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Quote from: JulieR on July 23, 2013, 02:04:19 AM
Cleaning out my spare room, am old friend is coming to stay with me for a while.

It is good that he is coming to visit.

It REALLY sucks trying to figure out what to do with all the crap I threw in my spare room.

i feel you girl. In the same situation right now.....

Happy: Nose it's starting to work

Unhappy. A lot of "things" are coming out of it, non stop. A LOT.
  •  

LordKAT

I was 'there' for a friend when her husband died. She sent me a thank you card.   That's cool.

My name was in quotation marks.  :(
  •  

Makalii

- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

•  

Apples Mk.II

Quote from: JulieR on July 23, 2013, 04:39:28 AM
Did you find the snow shovel that's been missing? (J/K, congratz on your turbinoplasty.  What was the old cartoon "Nose, Nose, anything goes, turn into a (as required)?)

The "uncovered" hospital stay happened to me 30 years ago with a motorcycle wreck, only I was out cold for 3 days when my friend finally came to visit and said I was spread eagle, exposed for all the world to see.  At least I wasn't awake for it.

Public healthcare paid from my taxes, so luckily I didn't have to pay anything... Can't say the same for the meds, though. The dreaded "copago farmacéutico" has raised the costs so much that every time I pick my pills for the knee I tremble in fear.
Happy:  The online pharmacy I decided to try finally changed my order status to "shipped" after a week

Unhappy: Delivery requires 2 to 4 weeks.  I need this in 1.5 weeks.  poop.  I'm screwed.

I know that feeling... Now it's less of a problem with my current provider and ordering one month before I run out, but I have had my fair share of these, both online and with physical pharmacies...

Happy: three girls in a mall shopping like there is no tomorrow!

Unhappy: Spent more than the specified budget, and I still need two more items to make it work. Damn.
  •  

spacerace

They called to confirm my appointment to get my first T prescription for tomorrow and some of the information was mixed up. I was nervous about it messing things up while talking to sort it out, and I think I came across as angry to the person on the phone. Everything is fine though, but I hope I didn't seem rude.

•  

V M

I made one of my world famous cheeseburgers and thought I'd have one of my world famous homemade pickles to go with it but I couldn't get get the jar open  :-\  But then I remembered, 'Well hecks! I've got another jar of pickles!' nom nom nom snarf!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

Had to come home from what was supposed to be a working weekend at a music festival, as the first night shift broke me to the point that I wasn't going to be any use to anyone. Between the physical strain, the strange environment, and the transphobic comments from drunk punters, I couldn't cope.

On the plus side, I got to come home, where I feel safe.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

LordKAT

•  

LordKAT

•  

Renee

Quote from: LordKAT on July 27, 2013, 08:12:39 AM
I hope not, liver isn't a food, it's guts.
Liver is a very good food, with gravy and onions, its probably the best food you can eat despite its function within the body it was removed from. 

Now, I'm hungry...
  •