Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephirah

Liver is lovely. ;D Foie gras is fantastic!

Long live liver lovers!
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Keaira

we have 2 cats. one is older and fat and lazy, the other is a little turd that I can't wait to be rid of. I'm tired of him scratching up stuff. And I just caught him peeing next to my dresser! It's on now!!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: V M on July 26, 2013, 06:23:34 AM
I made one of my world famous cheeseburgers and thought I'd have one of my world famous homemade pickles to go with it but I couldn't get get the jar open  :-\  But then I remembered, 'Well hecks! I've got another jar of pickles!' nom nom nom snarf!

You and Seph have got me thinking about all that lovely food, and I am trying to lose these extra 40 pounds I have carried for years.

Actually, it was an extra 60 pounds last year, so I am making gains (losses??).  I am so confused.
  •  

V M

The fact that I don't talk about my problems/difficulties much anymore, dealing with stuff on my own because nobody really cares much anyway and they have their own problems and such
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Makalii

I got my very first pair of legwarmers today!  :D
But they're handmedowns and they're kinda small... ):
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

vegie271

Got a flat tire on my Bicycle - thing is I had gotten 4 in one month - back when I was paying someone to do it and it was killing me - then I got my own tools and stuff - this is my first flat since then 2 full months  ;D

went ahead and went out and bought new tires to go along with it - danged tube blew on the way home - had to carry the bike 2 blocks back to the shop before someone gave me a ride the rest of the way

•  

MadeleineG

My wife declared she plans to stay. After a few days of "doomed marriage" mode, that made me feel happy. But there's a catch. She isn't staying out of love or passion for the relationship, but out of duty. Her logic is "you stayed with me through cancer, so I'll stay with you through this." Can't help feeling unhappy, too.

Maddy
  •  

DeeperThanSwords

I've realised, after slowing things right down and doing lots of thinking, that I'm more like genderqueer/genderfluid/transmasculine, not really transexual. I feel better for knowing more about myself, but I'm scared of my local trans friends getting angry with me for wanting to take a few steps back from my previous position. I would hope they'll still love me for who I am, but I worry that they'll tell me I'm wrong and either stop talking to me, or pressure me to transition when I don't want to anymore.
"Fear cuts deeper than swords."

•  

Edge

Season 2 of vikings is coming! But the trailer makes it look like Floki will die.
Also, I am proud that my kid likes Labyrinth, but wish he would stop demanding to watch it over and over.
  •  

StellaB

I'm happy and grateful for the support of cisgendered people in my life as much as the next person, but why do they still fall back and expect me to take on a leading or frontline position in something?

Why can't they understand that through being trans I've had to experience a lot of discrimination and prejudice from others, and that as a result there's certain things and situations I just don't feel comfortable in?
"The truth within me is more than the reality which surrounds me."
Constantin Stanislavski

Mistakes not only provide opportunities for learning but also make good stories.
  •  

MadeleineG

My wife took my seven year old son to a historical fort the other day. Evidently, when the tour guide described the fortress wall as impenetrable, my son took issue, and proceeded to demonstrate. Before anyone could stop him, he had scaled the twenty(?) foot stone wall and climbed down onto the street outside.

My son is fearless. I am not.

Maddy
  •  

Edge

I got a lot done today and was met with general acceptance (I was informing people of my legal name change). Unfortunately, it is now almost 8pm, I am exhausted, I haven't even started cleaning yet, and I have company coming over tomorrow.
  •  

MadeleineG

I'm off on vacation tomorrow.

Happy: I'll see my son for the first time in over a month and get to relax at the family cottage.

Unhappy: I'll be offline for two weeks and I'll miss you guys!!!

Maddy
  •  

SaveMeJeebus

Quote from: MadeleineG on August 07, 2013, 06:09:44 PM
I'm off on vacation tomorrow.

Happy: I'll see my son for the first time in over a month and get to relax at the family cottage.

Unhappy: I'll be offline for two weeks and I'll miss you guys!!!

Maddy

I want miss you :P Joking! I suppose i should say that i hope you have a wonderful time. Don't spoil your son too much  :laugh:
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Sephirah on July 27, 2013, 08:20:06 AM
Liver is lovely. ;D Foie gras is fantastic!

Long live liver lovers!

A liver lover, luv?

Loverly.
  •  

justmeinoz

My girl is going to be here in a couple of hours ;D, but I won't be at home when she arrives due to Uni lectures.  :(
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

spacerace

I was asked to do a special project for work stuff, but the extra responsibility already has my anxiety shooting through the roof
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Joules on August 08, 2013, 02:21:33 PM
Unhappy - My boobs get lost in my Buddha belly, nobody really noticed my B cups.

That's what breast forms are for. To give onlookers just a wee bit of help...
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: MadeleineG on July 31, 2013, 10:52:49 AM
My wife declared she plans to stay. After a few days of "doomed marriage" mode, that made me feel happy. But there's a catch. She isn't staying out of love or passion for the relationship, but out of duty. Her logic is "you stayed with me through cancer, so I'll stay with you through this." Can't help feeling unhappy, too.

Maddy

Hang in there Maddy, things are always subject to reversal.
  •  

Apples Mk.II

unhappy: Yesterday I forgot my frontal hairpiece at work and i almost had to use the wig again

Happy: I got to use my cap until I could recover the hairpiece

•