Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge

Thanks Jamie, SaveMeJeebus, Shantel, and Maddy. There is no need to be sad. She is 92, has had a good life, and has spent the past decade with Alzheimer's. It's just her time.
  •  

AdamMLP

My new laptop arrived today.  But, it's running windows 8 which is just a bad idea, and the touchpad seems incapable of being used normally to scroll, you have to use two fingers and scroll in the opposite direction to normal scratch that, I finally managed to find a driver that enabled me to change that, I just can't sort out the two finger thing.  And it's got a purple tinge to it which it didn't have on the website.  If something's colour is advertised as "metal" I expect grey, not purple!
  •  

Renee

Make sure there isn't a thin plastic film over it to protect it, something like that could add a purple tinge to it.
  •  

AdamMLP

Quote from: some old bag lady on August 23, 2013, 11:58:55 AM
Make sure there isn't a thin plastic film over it to protect it, something like that could add a purple tinge to it.

Nope, that was removed ASAP.  I'm starting to get to grips with it now, only installing the antivirus the shop sold me completely wrecks the wifi, it's brilliant!  I'd definitely not be getting a virus with that!  No, it's not firewalls or anything causing the problems, the option for turning on the wifi  just completely vanishes.
  •  

V M

Last night and early this morning we had thunder storms that kept randomly knocking out the power and freaking out my computer and telephone and such, I finally gave up and went to bed  >:(

Luckily I was able to reset everything today  :)  Glad I have a surge protector
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

LordKAT

Car died, no money

mom offered a loan

have one car to drive and one to get towed away

but now I owe my mom money

Life definitely has its ups and downs.
  •  

MadeleineG

I start a new job on Monday. I'm moving out of the classroom and into a board-level consultancy role.

It's a big promotion with a lot more responsibility. Assuming that coming out doesn't compromise me, professionally, it should be a step towards upper admin. Professionally, I'm happy and feel very respected.

But I'm going to miss the classroom terribly. I'll miss the kids' enthusiasm, their ideas, the thrill when they overcome challenges, and, selfishly, the knowledge that I'm a tangibly positive direct influence in their lives.

Maddy
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Fairy Princess with a Death Ray on August 24, 2013, 12:38:24 PM
I start a new job on Monday. I'm moving out of the classroom and into a board-level consultancy role.

It's a big promotion with a lot more responsibility. Assuming that coming out doesn't compromise me, professionally, it should be a step towards upper admin. Professionally, I'm happy and feel very respected.

But I'm going to miss the classroom terribly. I'll miss the kids' enthusiasm, their ideas, the thrill when they overcome challenges, and, selfishly, the knowledge that I'm a tangibly positive direct influence in their lives.

Maddy

Congratulations! If nothing else, it should give you an even greater platform to eventually launch the real you from and receive the added respect that goes with the position which could be advantageous.
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Shantel on August 24, 2013, 12:48:07 PM
Congratulations! If nothing else, it should give you an even greater platform to eventually launch the real you from and receive the added respect that goes with the position which could be advantageous.

Thank you, Auntie Shan! :D
  •  

SaveMeJeebus

Being on Facetime to my siblings, while looking at myself on the screen  :-X
  •  

Night Haven

When the fanfics have better plots and writing than the original canon.
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

FTMDiaries

Good news: The laxatives are working.
Bad news: The laxatives are working.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on August 24, 2013, 05:51:47 PM
Good news: The laxatives are working.
Bad news: The laxatives are working.

Uh-huh, now you're stuck at home close to the loo!  ;D :D :laugh:
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Shantel on August 24, 2013, 05:57:25 PM
Uh-huh, now you're stuck at home close to the loo!  ;D :D :laugh:

LOL - it's almost as if ED-209 is in my bathroom... I keep being told I only have 15 seconds to comply ;D

•  

suzifrommd

My son moving out of the house and into his college dorm.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Joules on August 26, 2013, 02:18:16 PM
It's getting harder to hide my "girls" anymore.  I'm happy they are growing but I hoped to get rid of some of my guy muscles before the girls got too big.

If you're anything like your avatar, it's durn near impossible! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

V M

Quote from: Joules on August 26, 2013, 02:18:16 PM
It's getting harder to hide my "girls" anymore.  I'm happy they are growing but I hoped to get rid of some of my guy muscles before the girls got too big.

I was concerned about the same thing, I wasn't built like a pro body builder but I was rather muscular with little to no body fat  8)  It took some time but my arms and such have girled up pretty good now
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

Quote from: Glitterfly on August 26, 2013, 07:25:56 PM
how long would you say it took? :)

To be honest, I'm not really sure, maybe a year?  :)  I noticed some feminizing within a few months but my muscular arms and such still bothered me for quite awhile

Then one day when I got out of the shower I noticed that the my bulging biceps and forearms and such were much less bulky and my whole muscular build had changed and I had the body of an average female my age

Except the hips and waistline, wish I had better hips and waistline

- V M
  •  

Constance

V M

Getting woots and whistles from construction workers on my way to the store... Again

I'm never quite sure if I should feel complimented or afraid so I just keep the same expression (average girl smile) looking foward and don't react

- V M
  •