Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkie

Good news?  Went to an anime halloween ball and was the DJ for the first half and had a BLAST dancing like an idiot.  Really got to let some of my boy side out, it was really fun and I couldn't stop smiling.  Even my friend told me she had never seen me that energetic before.

Bad news.  A conversation started between me and said friend who told me she is tired of people jumping on the "I'm trans" bandwagon and most people she knows are just doing it for attention.  She's seen me presenting as male.  So, I asked if she thought I was just being genderfluid "for the attention."  She said I'm not an >-bleeped-< enough to be a boy and that I'm not really genderfluid.  And that she isn't the only one who thinks it.  So now I know there is someone who is talking crap about me behind my back. Oh joy.

Confronted my friend about it and asked her if she was one of the people.  Basically told her to be completely honest with me or I would never forgive her.  Thankfully she isn't and she felt really bad that it had happened.
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Lauren5

The new Pokémon game is fun, but I really wish I didn't have to spend money on it.
There's the 2 in 1 factor.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

King Malachite

Happy: A fanfic writer mentioned me in the author note in the second chapter of their story after I left them an extensive review. 

unhappy:  I don't have the strength to read the whole chapter right now and that reminds me I need to get started on chapter 23 of mine where the action is about to happen again -sigh-  I wish fanfics could write themselves lol but the show must go on!  Just not now.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Edge

I bought material to make my Loki costume and I am really excited! Except I have to clean my entire apartment before I can start it which is an ongoing struggle and everything I do gets undone soon after my son gets home. Even if I did manage to get it all clean, I suck at sewing and I'm afraid of messing it all up.
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: Edge on October 13, 2013, 09:59:49 AM
I bought material to make my Loki costume and I am really excited! Except I have to clean my entire apartment before I can start it which is an ongoing struggle and everything I do gets undone soon after my son gets home. Even if I did manage to get it all clean, I suck at sewing and I'm afraid of messing it all up.

Story. Of. My. Life.
  •  

Shantel

Had my impossible to lose "love handles" lipo-suctioned out yesterday which along with good abs and lats will give me some great waist definition and I'll look better in my clothes.  :eusa_dance:

The discomfort and laying around with ice packs is not funny though, not thrilled about that part.  :'(
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Joules on October 15, 2013, 06:13:21 PM
Dripped a big drop of pasta sauce on my only white athletic bra that holds the girls down (It's a size smaller than comfortable).  I got it right away and it washed out OK though.  Guess it really doesn't matter, nobody sees my bras except me anyway, but it makes me feel like one of those girls to have sloppy underwear.

Haha that is a Shan thing! I've wiped out more tops like that! I bought myself a large BBQ apron and I wear it when I'm around food now.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Darkie on October 12, 2013, 10:46:41 PM
Good news?  Went to an anime halloween ball and was the DJ for the first half and had a BLAST dancing like an idiot.  Really got to let some of my boy side out, it was really fun and I couldn't stop smiling.  Even my friend told me she had never seen me that energetic before.

Bad news.  A conversation started between me and said friend who told me she is tired of people jumping on the "I'm trans" bandwagon and most people she knows are just doing it for attention.  She's seen me presenting as male.  So, I asked if she thought I was just being genderfluid "for the attention."  She said I'm not an >-bleeped-< enough to be a boy and that I'm not really genderfluid.  And that she isn't the only one who thinks it.  So now I know there is someone who is talking crap about me behind my back. Oh joy.

Confronted my friend about it and asked her if she was one of the people.  Basically told her to be completely honest with me or I would never forgive her.  Thankfully she isn't and she felt really bad that it had happened.

I'll bet that she's not high up on your buddy roster after that episode!
  •  

Kittenswithmittens

I was reading in the "what makes you sad" thread and it really saddens me to see how much pain so many of you are going through. Sometimes I wish I could just carry all the burdens in the world on my own shoulders just to see everyone happy. What made it all a little bit better though, was when I read some of the replies there, people comforting each other. No doubt this is a forum with very many amazing people. ^-^
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on October 15, 2013, 06:35:46 PM
I was reading in the "what makes you sad" thread and it really saddens me to see how much pain so many of you are going through. Sometimes I wish I could just carry all the burdens in the world on my own shoulders just to see everyone happy. What made it all a little bit better though, was when I read some of the replies there, people comforting each other. No doubt this is a forum with very many amazing people. ^-^

That's the right nature for a support forum, we're all in this together even though some of us come from the opposite direction, we all have something positive and uplifting to share with each other. That's the way it should be.
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Shantel on October 15, 2013, 06:01:52 PM
Had my impossible to lose "love handles" lipo-suctioned out yesterday which along with good abs and lats will give me some great waist definition and I'll look better in my clothes.  :eusa_dance:

The discomfort and laying around with ice packs is not funny though, not thrilled about that part.  :'(

*gentle hug*

I hope you heal up soon, sweetie.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

KabitTarah

Shan, Hope it all turns out great :D

Kittens w/ mittens, I've been avoiding that thread... maybe I shouldn't. :(
~ Tarah ~

•  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: Darkie on October 12, 2013, 10:46:41 PMBad news.  A conversation started between me and said friend who told me she is tired of people jumping on the "I'm trans" bandwagon and most people she knows are just doing it for attention.  She's seen me presenting as male.  So, I asked if she thought I was just being genderfluid "for the attention."  She said I'm not an >-bleeped-< enough to be a boy and that I'm not really genderfluid.  And that she isn't the only one who thinks it.  So now I know there is someone who is talking crap about me behind my back. Oh joy.

Wow, just wow. I had the exactly same thing happening to me today.

-----

Nono Tarah, good thing is you can find love and caring people anywhere. And hurrah for that. :)
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

Shantel

Thanks Sephirah and Kabit, I want my backside to look more like that avatar photo you have up Sephirah!
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Shantel on October 15, 2013, 07:35:44 PM
Thanks Sephirah and Kabit, I want my backside to look more like that avatar photo you have up Sephirah!

Don't we all, lol.

The last time I saw my backside naked, Neil Armstrong wanted to land on it. :-\

I'm sure you look amazing, Shan.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

KabitTarah

I just wish my back side had less hair! :D
--

Kittens, I come here now for love and support. I get some from my mother, after finally clearing up some of the angst, but family is hurt and confused and I have a hard time seeing it right now. My brother's a big help too... but busy. Susan's is about the most awesome forum I've ever been to - what few spats there are tend to not be so bad.

Other forums have tended to be too unstructured: >-bleeped-<; too masculine & cerebral: board game forums; etc. - I've had so little experience with caring myself that I find I love it and missed out. It helps that we're all in the same situation, but even my understanding of others and their own problems has expanded greatly.

I want to say that all this caring makes me happy and unhappy (because I'm taking on some of others' pain), but it all really just makes me happy. Sorry - I broke the thread (as if I haven't done that before).
~ Tarah ~

•  

Darkie

Quote from: Shantel on October 15, 2013, 06:29:27 PM
I'll bet that she's not high up on your buddy roster after that episode!

The friend that said she thinks I am faking?  Not high.  My friend that said she believes me?  So high on my list.
  •  

Apples Mk.II

God, that was so terrible.

I went back to the gym, but I discovered the hard way that straightened and carefully kept hair is an essential part of my female presentation. Since I had to prepare for another event right after the exercise session, I skipped on any makeup but the beard concealer. The problem is that after 90 minutes of hair compressed, it looked even worse than usual. And here comes the harsh reality. The deal is that until I could sort the thing with the lockers in the gym, I would stay in "andro / male" presentation as little as possible. But nooo, I had to enter that shop after seeing that they had now that thing I've wanting for a long time.

The clerk called me dude. It felt like a kick, but seeing my reflection explained it all: My hair was completely pointing upwards, leaving open a completely male forehead and hairline. No bang to cover it.
Can't tell how bad it felt. Upon arrived home, I threw away all the sweaty clothing, showered and repaird my hair. Perfect. I changed into female, put a belt I still had not tried one and I felt again like in heaven. This time I could even solve the usual problem I have after doing a laser session since I had the concealer ready.

I'm tired of this. Tomorrow I'm going to ask on the support association about tips on how to ask to be moved to the other locker, and after that I will buy female gym clothing. I want to get rid of this morning situation as soon as possible.
  •  

Lauren5

So I've got my rescheduled appointment with the university psychologist in matter of minutes, I'm so happy and nervous I feel like I'm going to piss myself.
The men's room is in an inconvenient location in this wrong of the building, while the women's room is right there. How I wish I could use the latter.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

•  

Lauren5

Well, after an hour of more emotions than I've ever expressed in public, some progress was made. She admits that I'm only the second person who she's met that is openly transgender with her, the other being a supervisor she once had, and doesn't really know what to do. She said she'd speak with her colleague to determine if I should meet with them and find out what action was necessary. She also told me to tell the same thing to Psychology when I see them on Friday.
*beep*

•