Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KabitTarah

Quote from: Amelia Pond on October 23, 2013, 08:49:10 PM
Having the support of so many wonderful people during this rough time in my life but not being able to believe them when they tell me I deserve good things or that I'm a good person. :'(

Amy

...and it's true! You deserve great things.
I used to be terrible at accepting compliments, especially for any work or project I do. Modest to a fault. I've been trying to just say thank you and take everything at face value... and come to find out I'm able to accept compliments better. I may have gone from terrible to just bad or even mediocre!
~ Tarah ~

•  

King Malachite

Happy: I woke up in time to notice a spider on my bed.

Unhappy: There was a freaking spider on my bed....on my cheatcodes :( and it was hard to tape it down.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Happy: Back to the gym. Shared machines without problems

Unhappy: I may have made a nice screw aup at the lockers. Toilets and showers had the placards inverted (pointing to the opposite), And when I turned aad saw a girl showering I made a step back as if I had crossed myself with a Rottweiler. At least I know they use shower caps...

Really Unhappy: Ow my balls!
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Miss Bungle on October 25, 2013, 04:14:25 PM
I found this hilarious Get Along Gang fanfic someone wrote where the gang had to switch gender roles for a day. It was actually pretty decent. But Portia had no real part and they didn't even finish the friggin thing.

It sounds like you have a job to do . . . ;)
~ Tarah ~

•  

Jill F

Grew out nails to the longest they've ever been and are looking great with purple sparkly nail polish.

Tossed a pizza crust and punctured it with said nails.  I've tossed thousands of pies, but never before with claws. 

*le sigh* I like to make them pretty.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jill F on October 25, 2013, 05:09:30 PM
Grew out nails to the longest they've ever been and are looking great with purple sparkly nail polish.

Tossed a pizza crust and punctured it with said nails.  I've tossed thousands of pies, but never before with claws. 

*le sigh* I like to make them pretty.

That you cat woman? ;D
  •  

KabitTarah

~ Tarah ~

•  

MadeleineG

My feet are size 9 1/2. I'm happy that I have feet of such (female) average size, but unhappy because apparently, it isn't a size that comes up much in the discount racks. :-\
  •  

V M

LOL... One of the neighbor gals called me 'Horsey' as in "See ya horsey"

True, it is something one girl would say to another as an insult, but it was also very affirming in that she views me as another woman

I see it as kind of a territorial pissing kinda thing, being that her boyfriend (who I would never date) was with her

I actually find it somewhat humorous given that she's kinda horsey herself  :laugh: 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

big kim

Found a missing pair of sunglasses......by standing on them!
  •  

Alaia

Got my letter for HRT.   :D

Found out my preferred endo, who is trans* savvy, isn't covered by my insurance.  :'(

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Kaylee

Girlie day out with best friend :)...Check
Get new hair cut that I'm really happy with :)...Check
Get eyebrows professionally threaded :)...Check
Off to get what turned out to be an awesome burrito from the new food court that's opened in the local shopping centre :)...Check

Obligatory "I think that girls a >-bleeped-<" discussion between random strangers :(...Check
  •  

V M

Quote from: Kaylee on October 26, 2013, 03:57:36 AM
Girlie day out with best friend :)...Check
Get new hair cut that I'm really happy with :)...Check
Get eyebrows professionally threaded :)...Check
Off to get what turned out to be an awesome burrito from the new food court that's opened in the local shopping centre :)...Check

Obligatory "I think that girls a >-bleeped-<" discussion between random strangers :(...Check

Ugh, I hate that  >:(   You're out having a nice day and things are going well and then some jerk face comes along to ruin it

Well don't let them!!! It seems it doesn't matter what anyone is doing, there will always be that random a-hole or two that will want to bring you down and most of it is built upon their own insecurities

You are a wonderful and beautiful gal who has every right to enjoying life just as much as anyone else  :)...Check

Hugs

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Kaylee

Quote from: V M on October 26, 2013, 04:26:11 AM
Ugh, I hate that  >:(   You're out having a nice day and things are going well and then some jerk face comes along to ruin it

Well don't let them!!! It seems it doesn't matter what anyone is doing, there will always be that random a-hole or two that will want to bring you down and most of it is built upon their own insecurities

You are a wonderful and beautiful gal who has every right to enjoying life just as much as anyone else  :)...Check

Hugs

Aww, cheers V  ;D

I had a chat with my friend when we got back, she had to remind me of all the people that had called me "love" or "darling", that everyone else had correctly gendered me in conversation, that the art director and her assistant that did my hair at the salon thought my hair was in great condition and loved the colour...but it was 1 dodgy comment that stuck in my mind.

We discussed that things will get better.  That I've only been out to friends since March, went part time in April (and didn't dress at all really prior to that) and went FT in August.  How proud she was that I've came so far in such a short space of time, seem so much happier and confident now and that I still really only at the beginning of my transition, that this time next year those same people will hopefully be staring/turning there heads because they're thinking "Wow, look at her" than "Wow, is that a man?".  So happy to be moving in with her soon :)
  •  

Shantel

You know girls, I can't help but consider the number of times I have overheard a couple of cis women make comments about other cis women.

OMG Esther look, that poor thing has saddlebags!
Look at her for god's sake she's fashioned challenged to say the least, I wouldn't wear that to a dog fight!
Oh Evie, did you see that woman at Starbucks with all that boobage showing? You'd think she'd want to be seen for more than just her boobs!
Hey Dick did you check out the bodacious rack on that babe?
Jayne, look at that woman's ass and thighs, she's repulsive. You'd think she's at least wear a skirt over those tights, you can see her vjay!
Hey Chuck, check out the beached whale over there, you can actually see her twat!

Ladies, I suppose that we internalize one or two remarks as things that destroy our entire day, but it shouldn't be so because cis women suffer all and more of the same snotty indignities every day from all quarters.
  •  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: big kim on October 26, 2013, 01:15:15 AM
Found a missing pair of sunglasses......by standing on them!

I think you win today's medal for having THE most bittersweet experience of the day lol!
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

LordKAT

Just a comment on the wonderful and ensuing conversation.

A few years back, I was at the library and having gotten a few books went out  to read on a bench in the nice warm sun. Behind me 2 men sat down and started talking about "who does she think she is. No one would ever think that's a guy." type stuff.

I turned to give them the evil eye when I noticed they were pointing at someone else. Someone I had worked with in the past and was not likely trans at all.

Makes me wonder about all the people who 'can just tell' a trans person just at a glance.
  •  

Kaylee

Quote from: Shantel on October 26, 2013, 10:27:53 AM
Ladies, I suppose that we internalize one or two remarks as things that destroy our entire day, but it shouldn't be so because cis women suffer all and more of the same snotty indignities every day from all quarters.

Yeah, our chat ended up going along the same lines as well, and that it happens to a lot of other minority groups...
  •  

big kim

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on October 26, 2013, 10:30:15 AM
I think you win today's medal for having THE most bittersweet experience of the day lol!
Thanks better take care not to stand on that as well!
  •