Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on October 31, 2013, 07:49:44 AM
Lovely weather outside, not that it matters because I can't go outside anyways :( Gaaah. Snuck outside to the mailbox and got yelled at for not having socks on by one of the workers here lol. Too cute. And I have a cat lying next to me purring her heart out, but everything gets a little more meh because I'm so ill. :(

Hope you recover quickly!  :icon_bunch: I get the feeling you live way up north somewhere, wear your sox!  ;D
  •  

of a sort

My neighbor(who takes his dog and my dog on morning rides out on the ridge in the marsh) called and said my dog took off scared when a boat with some people came into the marsh and he didn't know where Jake went. But a few minutes later, here comes Jake up the road from the gate going out to the ridge just trotting towards home. His little legs were a little shaky and he was dirty, but a quick rinse and he's as good as new...

At least he knows where home is.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: big head horsey-face on October 31, 2013, 08:46:42 AM
My neighbor(who takes his dog and my dog on morning rides out on the ridge in the marsh) called and said my dog took off scared when a boat with some people came into the marsh and he didn't know where Jake went. But a few minutes later, here comes Jake up the road from the gate going out to the ridge just trotting towards home. His little legs were a little shaky and he was dirty, but a quick rinse and he's as good as new...

At least he knows where home is.

He loves his mommy and knows who feeds him!
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: Shantel on October 31, 2013, 08:21:35 AM
Hope you recover quickly!  :icon_bunch: I get the feeling you live way up north somewhere, wear your sox!  ;D

Thanks Auntie (and V M) :) <3

Yeah I live north of the arctic circle. Lots and lots of snow from October to like May. And I hate snow. Way to be misplaced lol!

Oh well, some good things does come out of being ill for a long time - lost 6 kilos in a week.
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on October 31, 2013, 09:01:28 AM
Thanks Auntie (and V M) :) <3

Yeah I live north of the arctic circle. Lots and lots of snow from October to like May. And I hate snow. Way to be misplaced lol!

Oh well, some good things does come out of being ill for a long time - lost 6 kilos in a week.

Wow, that's a lot for one week and not the best way to lose weight either. So are you in Norway, Finland, Russia?
  •  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: Shantel on October 31, 2013, 09:07:40 AM
Wow, that's a lot for one week and not the best way to lose weight either. So are you in Norway, Finland, Russia?

Well I'm quite overweight so not complaining lol! Lots of it is probably just water though. I'm in northern Norway, of Swedish/Finnish/Norwegian blood :) Such a love child lol!
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on October 31, 2013, 09:13:25 AM
Well I'm quite overweight so not complaining lol! Lots of it is probably just water though. I'm in northern Norway, of Swedish/Finnish/Norwegian blood :) Such a love child lol!

My ethnicity is the exact same as yours, got some of Taka's tribal blood in my veins as well. My grandpa came here from Hammerfest.
  •  

of a sort

Quote from: V M on October 31, 2013, 08:58:17 AM
Glad Jake made it home okay  :)

Hugs
Thanks, I am too. I don't know what I'd do if something were to happen to the little guy. He's become a huge part of my life and gives me something to look forward to coming home to.
  •  

Amelia Pond

Painting my fingernails. ;D My stupid right index finger kept giving me problems!  >:(
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Amelia Pond on October 31, 2013, 01:39:11 PM
Painting my fingernails. ;D My stupid right index finger kept giving me problems!  >:(

On that note... I had to repair my thumb - it doesn't look good, but at least the part that chipped off is "fixed" with top coat. My fingers just have hardener and top coat on... glossy, but nobody's said anything. (I flirt with that plenty, though... :P to the cis ;))
~ Tarah ~

•  

Constance

The date that I was supposed to have tonight got moved to Sunday. But, my date texted me today to wish me a Blessed Samhain.

King Malachite

Happy- I has cheesesticks

Unhappy- No marinera sauce to go with them :(
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Night Haven

The past few weeks I seem to be edging toward emotional wreck, mainly due to increasing dysphoria. Top it off today with an awful hair cut that makes the roundness of my face stand out like a spotlight, and it's not even what I asked for - the hairdresser managed to take an image with shaggy bangs and sides and convert it so a cut so short it doesn't even come close to touching my eyebrows, while everything else barely scrapes an inch long. *Fumes, bangs head against the wall*

Good news at least is that I'll be getting a binder in the mail (hopefully) soon enough, so at least the chesticles might be taken care of to some extent.
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Amelia Pond on October 31, 2013, 01:39:11 PM

Ooh! Ooh! What colour?
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: Malachite on October 31, 2013, 05:14:16 PM
Happy- I has cheesesticks

Unhappy- No marinera sauce to go with them :(

Happy - I thought that said cheesecake...I love cheesecake
Unhappy - Marinara on cheesecake...not so good...oh...you said cheesesticks....:(
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: <3 on October 31, 2013, 06:48:55 PM
Happy - I thought that said cheesecake...I love cheesecake
Unhappy - Marinara on cheesecake...not so good...oh...you said cheesesticks....:(

Marinara cheesecake....I'd try it!
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Jill F

I went to get groceries today at Trader Joe's (a semi-discount specialty food/beverage place). The woman at checkout suddenly started looking at me a bit funny and told me how great I looked. Turns out that by using my debit card and asking for cash back, my former name came up on the screen. I think she assumed I was just dressing up for Halloween.

Compliment accepted.

Now I wonder how many times I've been outed by my stupid debit card and didn't know it.

Until I get my legal name chage, I guess I will need to be carrying loads of cash.  *Le sigh*
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Jill F on October 31, 2013, 07:12:17 PM
I went to get groceries today at Trader Joe's (a semi-discount specialty food/beverage place). The woman at checkout suddenly started looking at me a bit funny and told me how great I looked. Turns out that by using my debit card and asking for cash back, my former name came up on the screen. I think she assumed I was just dressing up for Halloween.

Compliment accepted.

Now I wonder how many times I've been outed by my stupid debit card and didn't know it.

Until I get my legal name chage, I guess I will need to be carrying loads of cash.  *Le sigh*
Yeah, I used to not get cash over at TJs for the same reason.