Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTMDiaries

Had a great Halloween movie night with my daughter. She wanted to watch a scary movie, but she is chicken... so she picked Hocus Pocus. We munched popcorn & chocolate, and enjoyed Bette Midler's outrageous overacting. Sarah Jessica Parker was delightful too.

It's a fun Halloween movie, but (no offense intended!) it really makes me cringe to hear Americans pronounce it 'hollow-een'. And it happens a lot in that movie, even though one of the characters managed to get it right in the pronunciation of 'All Hallow's Eve'. ::)

Also, my daughter remarked that Disney movies used to be much better back in those days. Their current offerings are much more sanitised, and she lamented this difference. One of the big jokes in the movie is about one of the characters being a virgin, and as she correctly pointed out, they wouldn't do that these days for fear of causing offense.

•  

King Malachite

Happy-  Halloween is over so the extra lonliness I felt is over for another year

Unhappy- Now it's back to my regular lonliness....until another major holiday.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Malachite on November 01, 2013, 06:15:17 AM
Happy-  Halloween is over so the extra lonliness I felt is over for another year

Unhappy- Now it's back to my regular lonliness....until another major holiday.

The holiday season is tough. Hang in there!

This will be my last "normal" holidays (all three) since next year I'll be on my own... and "normal" is stretching things a bit. It's still fun and friendly, but most people attending know what's going on and it's hard to fit in. . . I guess that statement fits the topic pretty well.
~ Tarah ~

•  

V M

I have a pretty rough time during my birthday and the holiday season  :-\  I often wish I could hibernate from the beginning of October until just after Easter
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Happy: Managed to go to the gym by telling myself "You know it's quite late, but if you don't go you will be depressed for the rest of the day.

Unhappy: The tuck undid itself while exercising. I had to enter the bathroom with the towel in front of my crotch tuck three times until I managed to to an extra-strong  one. Not a happy event.
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: kabit on November 01, 2013, 06:18:49 AM
The holiday season is tough. Hang in there!

This will be my last "normal" holidays (all three) since next year I'll be on my own... and "normal" is stretching things a bit. It's still fun and friendly, but most people attending know what's going on and it's hard to fit in. . . I guess that statement fits the topic pretty well.

Holiday seasons are very tough indeed :/  I just thought about it: next year probably won't be too pretty for me since I will try to begin my partial transition then.  Not looking foward to coming out to my family then.

Quote from: V M on November 01, 2013, 06:36:47 AM
I have a pretty rough time during my birthday and the holiday season  :-\  I often wish I could hibernate from the beginning of October until just after Easter

I kind of feel that way......well from October to Valentines day.  Actually New Years Eve and Valentines Day are the worse for me, followed by Thanksgiving.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

Jenny07

While I've been so unbelievably happy with the way things are going personally, it makes me so sad thinking about the others here who it is not so easy. I wish others could experience the joy of the correct hormones without all the hoops and other rubbish to navigate through or to face inquisitions. (No not the Spanish Inquisition).
Not having to wait or deal with doctors who gate keep and deny services. It seems I was extraordinarily lucky with the doctors I went through here in Sydney but why can't it be the same for everyone?

Hugs to all those in pain waiting.
Stay strong as it is worth it.

Jen
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Jenny07 on November 01, 2013, 06:08:50 PM
While I've been so unbelievably happy with the way things are going personally, it makes me so sad thinking about the others here who it is not so easy. I wish others could experience the joy of the correct hormones without all the hoops and other rubbish to navigate through or to face inquisitions. (No not the Spanish Inquisition).
Not having to wait or deal with doctors who gate keep and deny services. It seems I was extraordinarily lucky with the doctors I went through here in Sydney but why can't it be the same for everyone?

Jen

Thanks for writing this . . . :) It makes my very short wait for meds that much easier to bear.

... and no - I didn't expect the inquisition!
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Joules on November 01, 2013, 07:12:08 PM
Happy: Snacking on Jalapeno slices and sauerkraut

Unhappy: Having Jalapeno and sauerkraut juices find the scratches on the roof of my mouth

Count your blessings, it could bode worse at the other end!  :icon_peace:
  •  

King Malachite

Happy-Whipped out my Black Ops and played a game of it.  Our team was down but we got our kills up and won the game and I ranked up to level 41

Unhappy- I haven't played the game in quite some time and have played GTA V so much that mentally revert back to those controls during gameplay so I'm a bit rusty.  Everything was going a bit fast for me so I had to cut the game off.  Also, the first game cut off due to a poor connection.

•  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Jenny07 on November 01, 2013, 06:08:50 PM

Jen

*big hug*

Damn the inquisitors!
  •  

ttim0324

Quote from: Joules on November 01, 2013, 07:12:08 PM
Happy: Snacking on Jalapeno slices and sauerkraut

Unhappy: Having Jalapeno and sauerkraut juices find the scratches on the roof of my mouth

Hurts so bad...but tastes so good! Now I've got a hearty craving for Jalepenos and sauerkraut lol
;D Top surgery: 11/21/2013 ;D

"My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso."
  •  

LordKAT

Glad there are people on Susan's to cheer me up a tad. I love jalapenos and sauerkraut, dumb diet says no eating them yet.
  •  

King Malachite

Happy-my mom had some extra quarter wrappers

Unhappy- she didn't have any other coin wrappers

•  

V M

Eating the yummy toppings off of reheated left over pizza slices because I burned the bottom of the crusts
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Lauren5

Happy: MSU wins big and I went to my first actual college party :)
Unhappy: It was my dad who invited me to it, who was invited by someone else, and laundry to do :(
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Felice Aislin

Thinking about seeing my spouse so happy about being dressed and looking beautiful (dressed her correct gender for Halloween) that she didn't want to change...made me so happy to see her so happy, and so sad that it broke her heart (and mine) that she had to change and go back to boy clothes.

Renewed motivation to figure out a way for her not to have to "change back" to "boy mode."
The love of my life is the most beautiful woman I've ever met, and it took extraordinary bravery for her to give me the privilege and joy of getting to know this about her
  •  

big kim

Happy my Dad's out of hospital
Unhappy that if he's out he will go on another bender when no one is watching just like before
  •