Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

Happy-Rockstar is supposed to have a patch for gta v online

Unhappy:  I have a feeling it won't help my issue getting onto the servers.....especially since they since me such a crap answer to my problem.......assuming it's my network's fault
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

ttim0324

Happy: This banana chocolate milkshake I'm drinking right now.
Unhappy: The fact that it cost $4.50.

I think it's time to invest in a blender.
;D Top surgery: 11/21/2013 ;D

"My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso."
  •  

King Malachite

Happy- I found 5 pennies today at church

Unhappy-It was my conviction to put them in the offering instead of keeping them since I don't believe it taking money I find on church property for myself.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

FTMDiaries

OK, this was actually Saturday but I've been offline for a couple of days.

I've needed to get my car tyres replaced but my car takes an awkward size. So after hunting around for ages to find tyres that fit and will suit a British winter, I eventually found a very good online deal and went to a local fitter to have my tyres fitted.

The service was outstanding - all four tyres were fitted within 45 minutes - and my car is once again a pleasure to drive. I was gendered correctly (I think my Movember contribution might be helping with that) and was treated with respect like any other customer.

So what made me unhappy about this whole experience? Well, as I'd elected to wait in the Reception area until my tyres had been fitted, the manager offered me a hot drink. There were two staff on duty: the manager and a pretty young female assistant. Guess who made my coffee? You guessed it. And that's what made me unhappy: I remember being the 'pretty young female assistant' and how it was automatically presumed I should do all the menial tasks, but especially fetching drinks. All-in-all, it was a sobering reminder of male privilege.

•  

AdamMLP

Happy:  I'm back down south in my dorm room waiting for all the other people at work to turn up and have a catch up after the weekend.  It's only 46 days until I go back up to my family for Christmas, about 10 days shorter than I was away last time.

Unhappy:  I've left my girlfriend at home again after only getting to spend just over a day with her during the weekend.  They haven't bothered to give us any food today even though last weekend when we had a paintballing trip organised they were getting all antsy about how it's in their contract to provide us with three meals a day.  And I misjudged how far the walk from the trainstation was, a 45 minute walk with a heavy rucksack after 5 hours on a train didn't make me a happy bunny.
  •  

Amelia Pond

Happy: I have some really wonderful caring friends that are there for me when I need them. :)

Unhappy: To repay them for their kindness, I constantly let them down. :(
  •  

KabitTarah

Happy: Replacement Kindle Fire came (just under the wire... 2 years and my wife got it for me Christmas 2 years ago).

Not: I have to reinstall *everything* AND lose all the settings & saved info in each of the apps.
~ Tarah ~

•  

Danielle Emmalee

Natural Peanut Butter.  Its always a pain in the butt and such a mess to mix it but its so much better than that nasty icing sugar filled junk...
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

lou7

Happy: Playing with the dogs this evening outside.
Unhappy: A call to the office for me to take a employee home early because her house had caught fire.
Lou Victor
  •  

MadeleineG

Happy: Toronto mayor Rob Ford is a crackhead.

Unhappy: Toronto mayor Rob Ford is a crackhead.
  •  

Jenny07

Yesterday when I visited my Endo I saw a young girl with her mother exit his office.
She was so supportive of her daughter it really made my day. It is good to see someone so young getting the vital assistance that she requires to live a happy life. :)
It made me sad thinking of what I have lost. I lost my mother at 9 in a car accident I was in and badly hurt. If I had her by my side and not my dad who I hate, long story, things would have been so different as she know how I felt and wanted to help and I would have been able to transition many years ago myself just like this young girl. :'(
While there is nothing I can do to change what happened I am so happy now that I am finally being decisive and being myself no matter what it brings I can just be me, though delayed.

Jen
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Cindy

I wasn't at work today so I could take my wife to the dental hospital. She is very difficult to maneuver in her wheel chair it physically taxes me.

At the end of the procedure he said there was no charge as she is a special needs patient. Great no bill!

So of course I left enough money to cover it and told him to use it for the next deserving patient who had to pay. I felt good!

I got home and there was a text message from my lab staff. They had bought me a Melbourne Cup sweep ticket.

It felt so good that they thought of me.

It won, Wow.

Down side? I'll take them all to morning tea tomorrow.

Nah not really a downer at all :laugh:

What nice people to think of me that way!

Geez people are nice.
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Cindy on November 05, 2013, 02:02:46 AM
Geez people are nice.

Yourself included. You just made it easier for someone in need to get dental treatment without wondering how on Earth they're going to find the money. As someone who has been in that situation before (as I'm sure many of us have), thank you! :)

What made me happy/unhappy today? My Billy-Goat Fluff (i.e. moustache and chin area hair) is growing in quite nicely now. So much so that it's actually properly noticeable; up until a few days ago, you had to look really closely to see it. I've been feeling self-conscious about how unconvincing it is due to its colour (it's pale and blond, so it doesn't stand out against my skin tone) but I walked past another blond guy with a short beard at lunchtime and his was similar. That made me feel much better.

What made me feel worse? I'm getting clocked a heck of a lot more now. My eyes and facial shape are still too feminine, but I now have obvious facial hair. So I'm getting a lot more of those confused, accusatory stares that MtFs in early transition are oh-so-familiar with.

Ah well. This too shall pass. And then so shall I.  ;D

•  

Amelia Pond

Yay! Got my Doctor Who eleventh Doctor sonic screwdriver universal remote today!!!! Damn thing is oversensitive and a PITA to program/use.  >:(

amy
  •  

LordKAT

•  

Amelia Pond

Quote from: LordKAT on November 05, 2013, 09:23:34 PM
I'll bet it looks cool once you do get it set up.
It's cool but if you program say volume up/down to certain gestures, it changes it WAY too much. I don't know of any way to correct it. :-\

amy
  •  

NathanielM

I've told my class I want to talk to them tomorrow so no more backing out now I'm coming out to them :D YAY! except I'm now dying of nerves aaaah
  •  

Lauren5

Happy: crepes are served 2-3 times a week at breakfast tat this dining hall. The communal bathroom situation is actually rather nice.
Unhappy: I couldn't finish the crepes :( . And I left my shower kit in my old room. All the way across campus. And I can't just go get it now, he's asleep until noon.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Willow on November 06, 2013, 08:29:19 AM
Happy: crepes are served 2-3 times a week at breakfast tat this dining hall. The communal bathroom situation is actually rather nice.
Unhappy: I couldn't finish the crepes :( . And I left my shower kit in my old room. All the way across campus. And I can't just go get it now, he's asleep until noon.

I'm happy the move went well for you!
~ Tarah ~

•  

Lauren5

Quote from: kabit on November 06, 2013, 08:37:11 AMI'm happy the move went well for you!
I'm rather upset about the light use of the word coed, though. There may be men and women both on this floor, but the north wing is women, and the south wing is men. I'm stuck in the south wing, fortunately right on the barrier.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •