Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephirah

Quote from: Joules on November 06, 2013, 10:18:16 AM
Stepped on the bathroom scale this morning, my weight is finally back down to what it was when I started HRT.  When I tried a second time to double check, the battery died and I don't have a replacement.

Take it as a sign that the scale summoned up the last of its Scalean strength and used its final throes of life to give you the most accurate reading it could. A final, super-Scalean effort to show you your real weight. And in a single whisper, almost imperceptible, gentle as the breeze, to say in the lilting Scalean language: "You're doing good, Joules. Trust meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Joules on November 06, 2013, 10:35:30 AM
Thanks Seph, now I have something for the laugh thread as well: This comment!

*curtseys*

Happy to oblige. ;D
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

KabitTarah

Wow... I just either got gender questioned or totally checked out at work. Some telephone line worker is in the hallway here. I left my office to use the bathroom and I not only saw him looking at me, but saw him turn as I walked past.

Weird feeling... I'll have to get used to that, but it doesn't feel bad . . . it's just a little scary!

I couldn't say if it's unhappy or happy. . . :D
~ Tarah ~

•  

Makalii

I talked to my school today. I don't have to use the boys changing room anymore!
Downside, they said they can't legally have me change in the girls room, so I get to change in the broom/mop closet place thingy, (I'm not kidding! xD) and there's no mirror. -.-

Still :) better than the boys room.
- Circus Girl
- MtF
- Pre-HRT (for now)
- Call me Maka  ;)

For how could I ever ask someone to love me as a woman for my body, if I can't even love my body as a woman for myself?
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Joules on November 07, 2013, 10:33:16 AM
I'm not into guys, I think it would creep me to get checked out.  Of course, then again, maybe I'll never get that lucky anyway....

I'm assuming it was a misgender. Skinny jeans, sweatshirt, slightly girly hair and clean eyebrows. Only the laser and hair totally make me.

Even if he was checking me out (I mean, it's the same thing either way...) I did like it. It's very unnerving... it makes you feel vulnerable... but it's not a bad feeling at all.

If it were dark on a city street... yeah I'd be freaking out ;) I also hope I wouldn't have been walking alone!!! (Certainly not after transition progresses some! Actually - heck - maybe it has progressed some)
~ Tarah ~

•  

Lauren5

Design classes at my school are impossible to sign up for, or are for landscape architecture, interior design, or mechanical engineering majors only. I just want a class that teaches me to design buildings using autoCAD. But I can get the software free at least :D
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Constance

A coworker was let go. I'd been working with him for the last 9.5 years. He's the one who took my picture for my employee ID when I went full time.

As he was saying this goodbyes, he extended his hand to the guys for a handshake. To me, he opened his arms. There's no way I can "pass" with him, as he knows my story. But it was validating as he was not hugging any of the men goodbye.

I'm going to miss him.

LordKAT

Quote from: Makalii on November 07, 2013, 10:34:19 AM
I talked to my school today. I don't have to use the boys changing room anymore!
Downside, they said they can't legally have me change in the girls room, so I get to change in the broom/mop closet place thingy, (I'm not kidding! xD) and there's no mirror. -.-

Still :) better than the boys room.

Sometimes you have to start with what you can get. Hopefully this awakens them to the need for other facilities.
  •  

DriftingCrow

Getting to see Ani DiFranco, but then having to leave wicked early. Not really worth the price of the tickets to only see a few songs.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: LearnedHand on November 07, 2013, 11:20:14 PM
Getting to see Ani DiFranco, but then having to leave wicked early. Not really worth the price of the tickets to only see a few songs.

I wasn't there... but I heard about it and maybe could have gone if my x2b-wife wasn't working.
~ Tarah ~

•  

LordKAT

I got a PM from someone I admire, Yay!
alerting me to a place I screwed up. Boo

I got a laugh out of it and corrected it. I hope she did too.
  •  

Amelia Pond

Happy: Daydreaming about someone special.  :icon_love:
Unhappy: I was driving on the freeway at the time and started slowly drifting off into the next lane over without realizing it.  :icon_yikes:
Happy (again): No one was in the lane next to me so I'm alright.  ;D Note to self: Driving is more important than euphoria. :P

Happy: This person makes me feel like the most wonderful woman in the world.  ;D  :icon_love:
Unhappy: This person isn't my wife and makes me question my sexuality which is confusing. :-\ ???

Amy
  •  

Night Haven

Binder came in today. Yaaaa--

-- ...Hm. Wait. It doth appear to be much too small. I'm slightly worried to try getting my other arm through it in case I get stuck (and I can't pull it on past my thighs). I don't think I can get it returned, as the tag's already off.

Mn. New bright side, I at least got a back support thing to try binding with. It works reasonably well.
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Night Haven on November 08, 2013, 03:00:42 PM
Binder came in today. Yaaaa--

-- ...Hm. Wait. It doth appear to be much too small. I'm slightly worried to try getting my other arm through it in case I get stuck (and I can't pull it on past my thighs). I don't think I can get it returned, as the tag's already off.

Mn. New bright side, I at least got a back support thing to try binding with. It works reasonably well.

Bummer...I hate that when it happens!

Lesson: Don't cut tags or throw out receipt until it checks out.
  •  

Night Haven

Lesson learned. *Sigh* Hopefully it'll be remembered next time.

At least I have a sort-of excuse to look into another binder. I'm considering Loveboat, but they're a bit pricy and I've heard they tend to run small. Perhaps I'll just add a couple inches to my measurements.
-Fight for the changes you want to see made; become the changes you want to see in the world.-

-The world is worse enough as it is; let us be and let be. Let's stop spreading hate and start spreading acceptance...-
  •  

Jenny07

So while I'm ecstatic to be feeling the wonderful effects of E kicking in and making changes to me I have only dreamt about I am finding it difficult to cope having to present as male outside as I have a long way to go. I am finding it conflicting at present even though I am doing my best. The down below changes are kicking in as well :o
I am also annoyed that when I went to visit my aunt yesterday and tell her more, she had no time at all. She is always full of excuses that stop her doing simple tasks so it was not me.
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Jenny07 on November 08, 2013, 11:49:40 PM
So while I'm ecstatic to be feeling the wonderful effects of E kicking in and making changes to me I have only dreamt about I am finding it difficult to cope having to present as male outside as I have a long way to go. I am finding it conflicting at present even though I am doing my best. The down below changes are kicking in as well :o
I am also annoyed that when I went to visit my aunt yesterday and tell her more, she had no time at all. She is always full of excuses that stop her doing simple tasks so it was not me.

Remember that you are travelling fast in your new life and others don't always understand.
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Cindy on November 08, 2013, 11:52:44 PM
Remember that you are travelling fast in your new life and others don't always understand.

That relates directly to mine...
I'm happy that my family is reaching out to me and wants to make things happy at the holidays.

I'm unhappy that there's no way they can understand what I'm going through, I don't completely understand what they're going through, and they admit that they support my wife and disagree with my "decision" ... and they think I'm the one breaking up the family and harming the kids. Yes, I admit that it will be difficult for them because of who I am, and I accept that responsibility... but my wife is the one who wants the divorce and wants me out of the house before I start hormones. They see the 15+ years of me in the closet and wonder why I suddenly feel this need now... and I can't figure out how to help them understand.
~ Tarah ~

•  

Amelia Pond

Coming to Susan's.

HAPPY: I get the support I need and generally people make me feel better.

UNHAPPY: I feel inadequate trying to help others when I can't even help myself which makes me not want to offer my support to begin with. Then I feel guilty for feeling this way. :(

Amy
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Amelia Pond on November 09, 2013, 08:36:33 AM
Coming to Susan's.

HAPPY: I get the support I need and generally people make me feel better.

UNHAPPY: I feel inadequate trying to help others when I can't even help myself which makes me not want to offer my support to begin with. Then I feel guilty for feeling this way. :(

Amy
I'm pretty sure we all feel like that
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •