Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordKAT

Sometimes the best way to help yourself IS to help someone else.
  •  

NathanielM

And sometimes the best way to help someone else is to help yourself! I've spent a lot of time in my life trying to help others, but as they say to paramedics as long as you're not okay yourself you should focus on yourself. That's perfectly okay too, sometimes people on here should be a lot more selfish! This fits perfectly with what I wanted to say: I'm happy because I feel I'm not constantly worrying about others and I can put myself first every now and then. I'm unhappy because I still end up feeling guilty because I don't sacrifice my own happiness for others... I know I don't have to however it can be hard sometimes.
  •  

LordKAT

•  

Kittenswithmittens

Missing my girlfriend. So much that it really hurts. Like five weeks till I'm going to see her but I am already packing and preparing. Bought a new suitcase as my old one is more of a.. sled. You seriously need muscles to pull that thing. High point of the week was finding THE perfect suitcase though!!

"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on November 10, 2013, 06:10:16 AM
Missing my girlfriend. So much that it really hurts. Like five weeks till I'm going to see her but I am already packing and preparing. Bought a new suitcase as my old one is more of a.. sled. You seriously need muscles to pull that thing. High point of the week was finding THE perfect suitcase though!!

Wow!! So pretty :D ♥♥♥ it!!!

You'll see her soon!!!! I'm counting down 'til Christmas too :D
~ Tarah ~

•  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: kabit on November 10, 2013, 07:06:25 AM
Wow!! So pretty :D ♥♥♥ it!!!

You'll see her soon!!!! I'm counting down 'til Christmas too :D

I know right!! And it was only $140 (and I even got a discount!) and I'm a SUPER pink person soooo! Nevermind the messy kitchen though hahaha!

Aaawh lovely<3 So nice to have something to look forward to!

Going to stay inside all day. My lungs are still not behaving properly. Was really looking forward to going outside, but guess I'll do some housekeeping instead. Such bittersweetness, aaaa!
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

King Malachite

Happy= I somewhat got through to my mom to convince her that I need therapy

Unhappy-  She thinks I doesn't and she was like "well if you really want to see a therapist because you think you're nutty then look up some"  She wants it to be in my town which would make it difficult.  There aren't any gender therapists here.  Plus, by the way she talks she seems sarcastic about it and if I really found one, she wouldn't go for it.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on November 10, 2013, 06:10:16 AM

Whatever makes you happy dear, (snicker) It certainly will make it easy for her to spot you in a crowded terminal.
  •  

Lauren5

Was going to put this yesterday but forgot.
The good: The showers in the communal bathrooms at the dorm I've moved into have seats in them. I sat down to take my shower. I felt so pampered, like somebody else was washing me.
The bad: It's been a week since I painted my nails; the polish started to chip off in the shower.
I wish I could go to that spa that one of the users here set up. I'm wanting to be pampered and beautiful lately.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

KabitTarah

~ Tarah ~

•  

KabitTarah

I had a beer! Lagunitas Brown Shugga' (9.9% ABV, 7.9% ABW)... wow! Exactly within my calories (10 over for the day).

I had a 2nd beer! Homebrewed Westvleteren 12 clone (11% ABV, 8.8% ABW)... now about 300 calories over my daily goal :P

I guess I'll have to make up for it tomorrow...
~ Tarah ~

•  

NathanielM

It's more like happy and scared as hell at the same time but I suppose it goes. I finally decided to follow my dream and will be auditioning for dramaschool in february. I'm happy I've become confident enough to finally take this step but aaah scary, what if I'm just not good enough, what if they hate me :-\ All this and more going on in my head.
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: kabit on November 10, 2013, 09:03:17 PM
I had a beer! Lagunitas Brown Shugga' (9.9% ABV, 7.9% ABW)... wow! Exactly within my calories (10 over for the day).

I had a 2nd beer! Homebrewed Westvleteren 12 clone (11% ABV, 8.8% ABW)... now about 300 calories over my daily goal :P

I guess I'll have to make up for it tomorrow...

Unhappy (???)
Oh... chat buddies helped me make that 4 beers... (which is NOT to say it's chat's fault... I was just feeling in a fun mood). I went 800 calories over my limit for the day. (Yeah... that's about 8 standard drinks :(. I don't do that ever... but for once in a blue moon.)

Happy (???)
Dehydration (I assume) found me 0.8 lbs lighter this morning (192.0, wow)

Actually Unhappy
The headache I had until the 3rd coffee kicked in. (Yes... it's a diuretic, but you gain more fluid than you lose... plus caffeine)
~ Tarah ~

•  

Amelia Pond

Argument with my soon-to-be ex-wife.

Unhappy because she's trying to blame me for everything, she can do nothing wrong.  :'(

Happy because I stood my ground despite her guilt trip making me cry.  ;D
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Amelia Pond on November 12, 2013, 09:55:30 AM
Argument with my soon-to-be ex-wife.

Unhappy because she's trying to blame me for everything, she can do nothing wrong.  :'(

Happy because I stood my ground despite her guilt trip making me cry.  ;D

My parents got mad at me for saying she and I were equally at fault (and equally not at fault) for breaking up our marriage... I did not choose to leave her. She did not choose for me to come out.
~ Tarah ~

•  

King Malachite

Happy- THe Black Friday ads are out!

Unhappy- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F isn't on sale anywhere and the deals are very scattered.  I may have to stick to the most important deals I want.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

LordKAT

I might be able to get help with some of my rent.

I just got a 5 day eviction notice. I had a lawyer tell me it had to be a 28 day one.

On the other hand, no help with rent unless I got an eviction notice.
  •  

Amelia Pond

Quote from: LordKAT on November 12, 2013, 03:13:55 PM

I just got a 5 day eviction notice. I had a lawyer tell me it had to be a 28 day one.

^THIS! :) :(
  •  

Shaina

Quote from: LordKAT on November 12, 2013, 03:13:55 PM

Good luck with everything LordKAT! I hope it works out!

I'm happy to have great friends

I'm sad I can't see them as often as I like
I was a child and she was a child   
    In this kingdom by the sea:   
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
    I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

Amelia Pond

HAPPY: I noticed that I'm now a D-cup!  ;D
UNHAPPY: Only 6 months of HRT, they're still growing! I'm worried they'll get too big!  :icon_yikes:
  •