Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Amelia Pond on November 12, 2013, 03:59:55 PM
HAPPY: I noticed that I'm now a D-cup!  ;D
UNHAPPY: Only 6 months of HRT, they're still growing! I'm worried they'll get too big!  :icon_yikes:

We call them B-52's  ;D
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Amelia Pond on November 12, 2013, 03:59:55 PMHAPPY: I noticed that I'm now a D-cup!  ;D
UNHAPPY: Only 6 months of HRT, they're still growing! I'm worried they'll get too big!  :icon_yikes:
Just wondering, if it's OK to ask, what method are you using?
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

lou7

Happy: I got my new peecock today
Unhappy: I'm really not liking my girlfriend and our relationship
Lou Victor
  •  

Kristal

A guy at work pinched my nipple today and said "Nice tits".

On the one hand, he touched my breast!
On the other hand, he said I have nice tits...
I'm not here to decorate your world.
  •  

Amelia Pond

Quote from: Willow on November 12, 2013, 07:29:55 PM
Just wondering, if it's OK to ask, what method are you using?
E+Spiro+Fin+having gynecomastia since I was 13 and starting HRT when I was already a B. ;)
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Amelia Pond on November 12, 2013, 09:26:20 PM
E+Spiro+Fin+having gynecomastia since I was 13 and starting HRT when I was already a B. ;)
The latter helps.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

•  

Amelia Pond

Quote from: Willow on November 12, 2013, 09:37:23 PM
The latter helps.
Definitely. It's funny, as a "guy," I always tried hiding my breasts for obvious reasons. Now I'm so glad that I had the head start, I just wish they'd stop getting so damn big.  :eusa_doh:
  •  

FTMDiaries

Just had lunch with my friend whose son has severe cerebral palsy.

It was great to see her again. We caught up on stuff, she asked some very respectful questions about my transition which I don't mind answering, and as a major bonus I got a mega-cuddle out of her son.

On the downside, she revealed that her son's doctors think he'll be lucky to make it to 20 years of age, due to the nature of his disabilities.  :'(

Things are getting really expensive for her now, because he's getting to the age where they'll soon need lifting equipment, a specially adapted bed, wheelchairs and other stuff to help them take care of him. She can't work because he needs 24-hour care (he has about 15 epileptic fits every day, for example), and there's no help available from the government due to a lack of joined-up thinking on disability. So she's stuck wondering where she's going to find the money to take care of him properly.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on November 13, 2013, 08:37:43 AM
Just had lunch with my friend whose son has severe cerebral palsy.

It was great to see her again. We caught up on stuff, she asked some very respectful questions about my transition which I don't mind answering, and as a major bonus I got a mega-cuddle out of her son.

She must be a wonderful lady! Sometimes dealing with constant adversity will make a person become so much more considerate and thoughtful of others. She's a keeper hon!

Quote from: FTMDiaries on November 13, 2013, 08:37:43 AM
On the downside, she revealed that her son's doctors think he'll be lucky to make it to 20 years of age, due to the nature of his disabilities.  :'(

Things are getting really expensive for her now, because he's getting to the age where they'll soon need lifting equipment, a specially adapted bed, wheelchairs and other stuff to help them take care of him. She can't work because he needs 24-hour care (he has about 15 epileptic fits every day, for example), and there's no help available from the government due to a lack of joined-up thinking on disability. So she's stuck wondering where she's going to find the money to take care of him properly.

That's so sad, I know a couple with a child like that, it's a terrible burden for them all to bear, but the boy is a sweetheart!
  •  

FTMDiaries

Thanks Auntie Shan! She is indeed amazing. In fact, she's so amazing that she was the first person I chose to come out to when I came out last year.

She's incredibly laid-back and patient, which makes her the absolute perfect parent for her special boy. I doubt I'd do half as good a job as she does under the circumstances.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on November 13, 2013, 09:19:58 AM
Thanks Auntie Shan! She is indeed amazing. In fact, she's so amazing that she was the first person I chose to come out to when I came out last year.

She's incredibly laid-back and patient, which makes her the absolute perfect parent for her special boy. I doubt I'd do half as good a job as she does under the circumstances.

I think "The Big Kahuna" above gives certain people a gift of supernatural coping power.
  •  

King Malachite

Unhappy- My mom is coming home early because the equipment at her job is tearing up

Happy- She doesn't have a ton of groceries for me to get out and she says shes going to get onto my brother for bailing and leaving the dishes for me to do.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Megumi

Happy: The guy who does laser is 100% transgender friendly!!!! He and the staff have no problems with people presenting as their real self and he only charges 150 USD to laser your full beard per session.

Sad: I went to the laser facility in guy/androgynous fail mode. Bleh

•  

FTMDiaries

This is a happy, sad and laugh thread.

My brother tweeted me this morning to say that our dad has been in touch with him asking for my contact details. Apparently he wants to talk to me about something. I haven't spoken to my dad since coming out, but I had a long discussion with another of my brothers (who lives near my dad) about a month ago, so I can only presume my brother told him all about that conversation, and about my coming out.

I have very mixed feelings about this. My dad abandoned my elder brother & I when I was 7 years old, and we've had sporadic contact since then. My dad is also in his late 60s, and when someone from that age group tries to get in touch with you after several years, it's not usually good news.

What made me kinda laugh? When I was a kid, my mum would never punish us kids for doing anything wrong because she just couldn't stomach it. Instead, she'd say to us "Just you wait until your father gets home!!!1!" and then he'd punish us when he got back. I used to quake in my boots when I heard those words. Well, when my brother said that my dad wanted to get in touch, my first thought was "Oh, no - I'm in real trouble now!"

EDIT: OK, I'm not laughing now. My dad just emailed me to tell me that his eldest brother, a world-renowned scientist, has died. :'(   Dammit, we need more eccentric, intelligent, curious, talented people like him, not fewer. RIP, Uncle.

•  

Shaina

Quote from: FTMDiaries on November 14, 2013, 04:55:51 AM
EDIT: OK, I'm not laughing now. My dad just emailed me to tell me that his eldest brother, a world-renowned scientist, has died. :'(   Dammit, we need more eccentric, intelligent, curious, talented people like him, not fewer. RIP, Uncle.

I'm so sorry for your loss! At least you can rest assured that your Uncle really contributed to this world before he left it, and not many people can say that.
I was a child and she was a child   
    In this kingdom by the sea:   
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
    I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

NathanielM

Unhappy: I had a near run-in with a car this morning while cycling to my internship. I was already pretty much in shock and then got shouted at by the driver for 5 minutes, couldn't get bike on my back for ten more minutes because of shaking.
Happy: It completely made my nerves for my evaluation dissapear :p Which means I defended myself really well (I'm good at talking :)) and it all went pretty well!
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Shaina on November 14, 2013, 03:18:22 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss! At least you can rest assured that your Uncle really contributed to this world before he left it, and not many people can say that.

Thanks Shaina. He certainly did contribute enormously to his field, and his work has inspired generations of scientists. I'm proud to have known him.

•  

Xhianil

•  

Lauren5

I'm hungry, tired, and scared of the possibility of bloodwork.
If I get it done with, then everything is set in motion.
*beep*

•  

AdamMLP

We managed to have a great chilled out night with a couple of bottles of nice, but cheap, cider we sneaked in to our accommodation last night. The fact that I was able to get suitably drunk without freaking out about the bad experiences I've had with alcohol in the past makes me really happy, hopefully it means I'm finally learning to let go of that bit of my past, and trust these people here.

The only downside is I've got a lovely headache now and the guys have their music on way too loud. I can't work out why I have the headache either, I didn't drink that much.
  •