Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KabitTarah

Quote from: Shantel on December 08, 2013, 05:35:25 PM
You're such a sweet child sugar!

I notice she didn't ask how you felt, though?  >:-)
hehee...

~~ Most things for me are both happy and unhappy, lately. I suppose that's wonderful - it means nothing's extraordinarily bad!
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shantel

Quote from: kabit on December 08, 2013, 07:50:49 PM
I notice she didn't ask how you felt, though?  >:-)
hehee...

I'm slow on the uptake, but I know she's not malicious cause she's my kid!
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Shantel on December 08, 2013, 08:19:14 PM
I'm slow on the uptake, but I know she's not malicious cause she's my kid!

I vote Shaina "least likely to be malicious" for the Susan's yearbook!
~ Tarah ~

•  

Kristal

Quote from: Edge on December 08, 2013, 01:51:42 PM
I am really enthused about music and stuff. Unfortunately, I'm trying (and failing) to concentrate on studying for my exams this week.
Still having mixed feelings about how I feel about a guy. On one hand, I feel happy. On the other, I have no chance. I'm also afraid that talking about this makes me come across as "too girly."
I found some awesome pants! Except they're the last ones available and I'm afraid they'll be gone by the time I can get them.

Maybe try using the word "dude" in every sentence?

Edge: "Hey, dude!"
Other Guy: "'Sup, dude?"
E: "Got something to talk to you about, dude."
O: "What's that, dude?"
E: "It's super serious, dude."
O: Woah, dude. I'm totes listening."
E: "I'm hot for your bod, dude."

You can also substitute the words "man" and "bro".

But seriously, just talk to him.

Quote from: John Greenleaf WhittierOf all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these, "It might have been".
I'm not here to decorate your world.
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Kristal on December 09, 2013, 05:59:00 AM
You can also substitute the words "man" and "bro".

Another thing I never understood.... how it was "cool" to call your friends bras.
~ Tarah ~

•  

Edge

That is a funny sounding conversation.
I do talk to him since we're friends (I hope). I'm just not going to talk to him about this. He might come to The Hobbit with a group of our friends though.
I don't think "bra" has ever been cool. At least, I've never heard it used like that.
  •  

Hayley

Quote from: kabit on December 09, 2013, 06:30:11 AM
Another thing I never understood.... how it was "cool" to call your friends bras.

I have a friend(that I'm out to) who always calls everyone bro. He now calls me "brah" because it sounds like bra... He thinks he is very funny.

What made me happy was finding out that I will be an aunt. The part that made me unhappy was the news was broke to me with a text saying "What's up Lawrence, I have some big news, you ready to be Uncle Larry?" Which is to be expected since I'm not out to family yet. Stings a bit but I'm still super excited for my little brother.
Byes!!!! It's been real but this place isn't for me. Good luck in the future everyone.
  •  

Lauren5

Done with boring chemistry, even though the final could have gone better. All the stuff I studied was on a cheat sheet stapled to the back.

And now I have my calc exam next. Eew.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Joules on December 09, 2013, 08:37:55 AM
Ninj that stuff lol.  you go girl.
I'm not very confident, but I'm nervous, seeing that I get rejected from the college of engineering if I fail this math class, meaning I have to make my 4th major change this semester.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

•  

Xhianil

Quote from: Willow on December 09, 2013, 08:42:04 AM
I'm not very confident, but I'm nervous, seeing that I get rejected from the college of engineering if I fail this math class, meaning I have to make my 4th major change this semester.

I know you can do it willow.
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Xhianil on December 09, 2013, 08:43:35 AM
I know you can do it willow.
Literally I have to ace this to pass. I haven't got over a 70 on a test in this class all year, and it's not because I don't study enough.
*beep*

•  

Xhianil

Quote from: Willow on December 09, 2013, 08:50:09 AM
Literally I have to ace this to pass. I haven't got over a 70 on a test in this class all year, and it's not because I don't study enough.

Willow, i know you can do it, even if you don't think you can.
  •  

Ltl89

I have off for at least a week so I can move into a different position at my job.  Technically, I'm getting a promotion, so it's a good thing.  Unfortunately, I don't get payed during this hiatus, so it's a bitter sweet situation.  Ideally, I hope this only takes a week for hr to complete the process, so I can enjoy a short break without losing too much pay.  At the moment, I'm much more happy to know I have a little time off, lol. :)  I think my sanity is coming back. ;)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Joules on December 10, 2013, 05:56:24 PM
Happy: Made a trip to Costco and stocked up on Peperoncini.

Unhappy: Walking out, a captive vendor near the exit said to me: "How about you sir, care to talk about gutters or sports or something?"

I don't mind the sir so much, after all that's my presentation for a while.  But wanting to talk sports, yechh, that triggers me.

+1 Got that! Isn't there anything else besides sports for crying out loud....hello?
  •  

Jill F

I filed my legal papers for name and gender change today.   That made me happy.

Now I want to bang my head against the wall.

The soonest court date I can get now is July 24.  It really sucks having to wait 7 more effing months before I can finally get an ID that has my name on it.   I mean, I haven't presented male in public since March.  I just got the paperwork back from my endo last week, who has held them up since July when I went on the full dose of HRT.  So basically, I have to wait over a full year from going full-time to legal name change.  I get to look forward to more awkward moments until August now.  Sigh.  So help me, if I get jury duty any time soon, I'm going to scream.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jill F on December 10, 2013, 07:36:39 PM
I filed my legal papers for name and gender change today.   That made me happy.

Now I want to bang my head against the wall.

The soonest court date I can get now is July 24.  It really sucks having to wait 7 more effing months before I can finally get an ID that has my name on it.   I mean, I haven't presented male in public since March.  I just got the paperwork back from my endo last week, who has held them up since July when I went on the full dose of HRT.  So basically, I have to wait over a full year from going full-time to legal name change.  I get to look forward to more awkward moments until August now.  Sigh.  So help me, if I get jury duty any time soon, I'm going to scream.

Just return mail the summons and tell them that you've recently completely lost your hearing.
  •  

AdamMLP

I have another GPs appointment for next Thursday.
I shouldn't need to be chasing up referrals and trying to educate him about how to refer me to a GIC.
He probably won't listen to me.
  •  

Lauren5

I may be able to move in with an FtM guy who is a transfer student, and he's cool with me getting dressed up whenever I want.
The downside: My second dorm move in just the first year.
*beep*

•  

Edge

Quote from: AlexanderC on December 11, 2013, 05:24:30 PM
I have another GPs appointment for next Thursday.
I shouldn't need to be chasing up referrals and trying to educate him about how to refer me to a GIC.
He probably won't listen to me.
I had to the same with my doctor. Good luck.
  •  

Kittenswithmittens

Unhappy: I'm kind of brokeish for the next two weeks. :(

Happy: Got a gift card on a local clothes shop and today I got told they are having 30% off everything. Guess that means new trousers for me. I also want a Christmas jumper.
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •