Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiaOhMya!

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on December 12, 2013, 10:47:58 AM
Happy: Got a gift card on a local clothes shop and today I got told they are having 30% off everything. Guess that means new trousers for me. I also want a Christmas jumper.

Yay for the Christmas jumper! I used to get them all the time from my Nana but it's been ages now. I think I will get one too!

•  

LordKAT

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on December 12, 2013, 10:47:58 AM
Unhappy: I'm kind of brokeish for the next two weeks. :(

Happy: Got a gift card on a local clothes shop and today I got told they are having 30% off everything. Guess that means new trousers for me. I also want a Christmas jumper.

Here ya go.

•  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Joules on December 10, 2013, 05:56:24 PM
Unhappy: Walking out, a captive vendor near the exit said to me: "How about you sir, care to talk about gutters or sports or something?"

I don't mind talking sports because I enjoy statistics. Watching them does nothing for me.  :-\

What really got me about this post was the reference to gutters. I'm confused. Are men supposed to sit around discussing the sewer system?  :embarrassed:
  •  

AdamMLP

I got a phone call from the local mental health team regarding my referral to them from the GP.  They said it was just to tell me that they had posted a letter about it, which hopefully means a letter about an appointment.

The downside is, they were letting me know they'd posted a letter because it was being sent to the care of [a woman I don't know, who does something which I don't know in my company].  I'm hoping either she doesn't open it, or that it doesn't contain too much information, but then again if it does then I don't have to deal with coming out to them...
  •  

Xhianil

it seems like my period (i get something one even though im in a male body) came early this month, on one hand im happy its happening, but on the other it hurts bad and i wish it came a while later, on the break.
  •  

Elanore joey

went to see my gp today which i always look forward to as i feel she understands me and i find it easy to talk to her about anything(from arousels and sex life to feeling hormonal), walking into her room feels like shes giving me a big hug. today though i felt like she was a bit pushy. im currently on employment and support benefit (on the sick) because i was having real problems with the job center as they dont understand my/our situation and how it affects work and iv been suffering from depression any way back to the point she does not want me to stay on the sick and she did not give a definite answer on wethter she would help me with my hrt as i have decided i cant wait for the nhs.
we are all beautiful in our own way its just some people don't see it :-*
  •  

Lauren5

I've lived in public for near to 24 hours as a female, alone (without friends for support) for most of it, I love it, how it feels so natural, and even though I do this, and am confident about it, I'm still told that I'm either not ready or taking things too fast.
Let's just see what the dedicated gender therapist says when I show up, all dressed up and cute, with my brand new boots.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Joules on December 13, 2013, 11:03:35 AM
He he, I never know when you are serious.

That implies that when I am and when I'm not are mutually exclusive   >:-)

What you call gutters, we call eavestroughs. Gutters are what we call the drains that meltwater and rain flow through to enter the municipal storm-water management system.
  •  

Devlyn

Gutters catch melted snow off your roof and form beautiful, yet dangerous icicles. Dangerous because when you kick the downspout (think itsy bitsy spider) or hit it with the shovel, the icicles fall. Aside from that, they are there until next year, when the downspouts feed water into the storm drains, which bypass the municipal water treatment facility.
  •  

LordKAT

•  

Shaina

Holding my niece!

She smiled at me like an angel and I swore she was about to say my name...

then came the baby vomit!  >:( LOL
I was a child and she was a child   
    In this kingdom by the sea:   
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
    I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Shaina on December 14, 2013, 01:46:14 AM
Holding my niece!

Lol, been there...projectile baby vomit takes the color out of your clothes!  :D ;D
  •  

FalseHybridPrincess

Quote from: Shaina on December 14, 2013, 01:46:14 AM
Holding my niece!

I lol'ed
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Happy: Gendered female with "witch hair" after 12 hours traveling.

Unhappy: as this happened with other Spaniards, I could hear a "señora" when I left the tram. Never ever ask 16 year old girls for directions. It's not the first time I get that word. It makes me feel old, which is more painful than being misgendered.
  •  

SlateRDays

Sad: Being told not to go outside and shovel the snow and do indoor chores instead (it burns me up having to do indoor stuff all the time, but outdoor work gives me a major energy drain)

Happy: Might try to sneak outside and shovel anyway after doing a few things indoors and take a few photos of the snow we're getting.
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

AdamMLP

Got up at the crack of dawn to go and raise money for the Action for Children charity all day today. I think we got a fair bit, we had a stall in the market where we were taking turns to row and cycle the distance to our headquarters, and we ended up doing it twice. And personally, I was pleased because I passed all day, and I forget that I can because I rarely see anyone from the outside world because to save money I try to avoid leaving the base.

Only downsides were that I was almost suffocated by my binder, some days I can wear it from when I get up to when I go to bed without issues, and then another I get back pain and go light headed. This was before I did my turn on the rower (I managed to find a toilet and take it off by then). And the first woman who stopped to talk to us read me as male until my friend said "she" and she just stared at me with her jaw on the floor for ages, and kept repeating, "She?! She?! Did you say she?! She?!" I tried to make a joke of it and told him not to confuse the elderly, but he kept retelling the story throughout the day.
  •  

ToxicFox

I Went to my first transgender meet today which went great and I got to meet a ton of nice people. The only problem is it gets out at 6 which is also the time my dad normally gets home from work. I was thinking over how to best explain where I was without him thinking I'm out doing drugs. I don't know what he has picked up on because I've been doing some weird stuff lately. I'm worried he is going to think something bad is going on. To avoid this when I got home I planned to tell him where I was and what I am but he wasn't here. He came home about 20 minutes after I did and didn't even realize I'd been out all day. I want to tell him so bad but can't seem to get the courage.
  •  

Rachel85

Happy: At work (I am a nurse), having two of my patients over two nights referring to me as a "lovely girl", "sister" and a "lovely young lady".

Sad: It was about 4am and they were both well and truly delirious and or had dementia. <sigh>

I don't care! I take it as a win! :)
  •