Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KabitTarah

While the getting of it made me happy... the reading of it made me happy and sad. A little bit of :'( seeing it all laid out, reading through it, and knowing the raw truth of it.
~ Tarah ~

•  

Xhianil

-ahh, those days you have to walk to the store just eat, despite the fact you cant see (or walk) straight due to a migranie.

+i haz foodz.
  •  

Jill F

Destroyed a nice manicure this weekend.  Broke a nail so deeply that it will take months to recover.

At least I can play the guitar at full shred now.

*sigh*
  •  

Constance

I just found out that a few weeks ago a friend of mine was roofied at a bar in SF. Fortunately, the bartender noticed and was able to get a cab for my friend to get her home, as she was pretty much unable to speak.

MadeleineG

Quote from: Constance on December 16, 2013, 05:19:28 PM
I just found out that a few weeks ago a friend of mine was roofied at a bar in SF. Fortunately, the bartender noticed and was able to get a cab for my friend to get her home, as she was pretty much unable to speak.

Unhappy: stories like this leave me questioning my faith in humanity :(
Happy: "roofied" doesn't mean what I thought it did (being thrown from a roof)
  •  

Constance

Quote from: EstroGwynne on December 16, 2013, 05:23:19 PM
Unhappy: stories like this leave me questioning my faith in humanity :(
Happy: "roofied" doesn't mean what I thought it did (being thrown from a roof)
Yeah. Somebody dumped roofies, a "date rape" drug, into her drink. No one actually saw this happen but when B started acting like she couldn't talk or stand the bartender realized what had happened. They knew where to direct the cab to take her home because of her driver's license, she was so out of it she couldn't direct the driver herself.

She's like a adoptive older sister to me, and that anyone would do this to her makes my blood boil.

MiaOhMya!

I ordered a $8 "Bulk Pack" of incense from an Amazon seller and arrived today which made me happy.

Then I opened the parcel and it was a single box of ten sticks of incense...for $8!!! Now she wants me to pay her return shipping which costs more than the box is even worth.

I am incensed.  >:(
  •  

Lauren5

My mother is sad and it feels like it's all my fault. Mixed emotions here. I'm told that she still loves me, but can't accept this until she understands, which was expected. She's expecting me to go to my old therapist, who she also showed my (private) letter to. I'm frustrated that she dogs that without my permission. I'm also confused on why she is angry for sending my sistera letter as well, saying it's been affecting her academic performance.
In entirety: unhappy because I'm confused and feeling guilty, happy because I got those important the words from her.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

sigmafan

It's easily whenever I am with my girlfriend.  I'm happy that I am with her because she makes me happy, but I am also sad that we won't be together for long, since both of us have school and can't be alone together unless we are at my place.
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: Constance on December 16, 2013, 05:28:13 PM
Yeah. Somebody dumped roofies, a "date rape" drug, into her drink. No one actually saw this happen but when B started acting like she couldn't talk or stand the bartender realized what had happened. They knew where to direct the cab to take her home because of her driver's license, she was so out of it she couldn't direct the driver herself.

She's like a adoptive older sister to me, and that anyone would do this to her makes my blood boil.

I'm not sure I would trust a cab driver...
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Willow on December 17, 2013, 11:33:41 AM
My mother is sad and it feels like it's all my fault. Mixed emotions here. I'm told that she still loves me, but can't accept this until she understands, which was expected. She's expecting me to go to my old therapist, who she also showed my (private) letter to. I'm frustrated that she dogs that without my permission. I'm also confused on why she is angry for sending my sistera letter as well, saying it's been affecting her academic performance.
In entirety: unhappy because I'm confused and feeling guilty, happy because I got those important the words from her.

One of the hardest life lessons is that we cannot be responsible for others. Yes we can love them and try to help them but in the end it is up to them to deal with their issues. Sadly far too often this involves a person we love.

In the end I had to walk away from my family many years ago because they could not accept that their raped and abused sixteen year old son was their daughter who needed their love and their help.

In the end she had to face her life without them. It was hard and it was a cruel life for many years, but in the end she grew to be a woman who accepted herself and lived her life without her family.

They died without ever accepting their daughter.

I had to live my life no matter the cost and the regret that I had no family. I hope that does not happen to you, or to anyone else, but we face this path and we have to be true to ourselves.

Hugs

Cindy
  •  

Cindy

40C today - nice

44C tomorrow - and I have the Christmas shopping to do! Not nice.
  •  

Constance

Nearly a year ago I reported a possible bug in my employer's web site. I was assured there was no such bug and that I was simply doing things wrong and/or forgetting key steps. I persisted, reporting it again and getting the web dev and database teams involved. Again, they thought I was using the support team's back-end tool and I had to explain AGAIN that I was using the same processes our customers use.

They reproduced the issue I'd documented at least 3 times over the last year and have logged a bug report for it.

So, this could all be argued as evidence that my womanness is being taken seriously, because I as a technical support analyst am being taken less seriously.

Still, I claim victory and vindication. My peers on the support team doubted me, and I proved them all wrong.  >:-)

KabitTarah

Quote from: Constance on December 18, 2013, 09:40:44 AM
Still, I claim victory and vindication. My peers on the support team doubted me, and I proved them all wrong.  >:-)

I love proving people technically wrong. I'm ok with people being right, too... but if it's a face-off, I'll always win. (I'm not a poker player... I only play that game if I know I'm right).
~ Tarah ~

•  

SlateRDays

Uhappy: I have to wear regular boots this winter and the slightly elevated heel is driving me crazy and hurting the knee on the left leg. Father refusing to stay home so I can have one day of alone time driving.

Happy: Father got shoes that fit him and I don't have to worry about his feet getting wet or slipping. I did the best I could today by putting up with the pain, and having no time to myself. Finally I'm happy because I know all of this won't last forever and I have to hang in there.
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

Keaira

YAY, I can wear my Hell Bunny dress again. And I still look ridiculous in it. So screw it. No more skirts and dresses.not that I have a lot to begin with.
  •  

Edge

I went to see The Hobbit with some friends. The guy I like was among them. He sat next to me while we were waiting for everyone to show up, talked to me, and sat next to me while we were in the theatre. He seemed genuinely glad to hang out with me.
He's straight. I have no chance in heck.
  •  

MiaOhMya!

Quote from: Edge on December 18, 2013, 10:33:49 PM
I went to see The Hobbit with some friends. The guy I like was among them. He sat next to me while we were waiting for everyone to show up, talked to me, and sat next to me while we were in the theatre. He seemed genuinely glad to hang out with me.
He's straight. I have no chance in heck.

Aww, but you never know people are funny...

So how was Hobbit 2?
  •  

Cindy

I broke my glasses, went to the optician and have to have them replace - no repair possible  ::)

I walked in and the staff member said 'Hi Cindy how are you?' I've never met her before!!

My fame precedes me!! :laugh:
  •  

svaso

The other day at work, my boss and I were arguing over something and in a backhand comment, he said your 'a damn woman'  :o .  Some of my coworkers started laughing, but I was a little stunned.  I was happy that I was being called a woman, but his context was way out of line.  I've always present at work male, and never let on to anybody yet, but I have gotten a lot of comments alluding toward my transition.     
Stacy
  •