Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

Quote from: svaso on December 19, 2013, 04:38:06 AM
The other day at work, my boss and I were arguing over something and in a backhand comment, he said your 'a damn woman'  :o .  Some of my coworkers started laughing, but I was a little stunned.  I was happy that I was being called a woman, but his context was way out of line.  I've always present at work male, and never let on to anybody yet, but I have gotten a lot of comments alluding toward my transition.   

Lots of people know before we admit it!!
  •  

svaso

I more or less enjoys some of those comments.  I think it will make it easier when I do come out at work.  Just passing the mirror, I say,'wow, you've come a long way, baby'. 
Stacy
  •  

Cindy

I remember coming out and so many people just reacted with 'I was wondering when you were going to admit it'

We try to lie to ourselves but we a living a lie and people who care for us can see through that.
  •  

svaso

I feel like that will be the reaction I will get.  I can remember most phobe comments I used to here around the office, but they mostly diminished.  The comments I hear now are usually positive.  The rest is up to me.
Stacy
  •  

Cindy

We control our destiny, and you are a very pretty woman. If you look like that at work ...............well :laugh: No wonder they are confused!
  •  

Edge

Quote from: MiaOhMya! on December 19, 2013, 04:19:48 AM
Aww, but you never know people are funny...

So how was Hobbit 2?
Good, but they added an elf/Kili romance.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Cindy on December 19, 2013, 05:08:59 AM
We control our destiny,

You could add (up to a point) in reality we don't control as much as we wish to.  :)
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: Shantel on December 19, 2013, 08:30:25 AM
You could add (up to a point) in reality we don't control as much as we wish to.  :)

I like to think of it as... we have complete control over our own actions and no control over others'; the limits imposed upon us are external and can be overcome; and every action we take has a consequence that may further limit us or reduce our limitations.

Perhaps that's a bit too simple... but all limitations can be overcome. The question is whether it's worth it.
~ Tarah ~

•  

FalseHybridPrincess

So today I went to my therapist to talk about the wierd looks I keep getting in public when im in boy mode (that , made me sad  :-\ )

I told him that when I go out as a boy people stare at me, and then he goes like
"who told you that you look like a boy "

"eeeh" I really hadnt noticed , I look completely androgynous...
therapist said that like this people will always look at me cause an androgynous person /feminine boy is much more scandalous than a norma girl :/
im getting there i guess...

anyway,,,the thing that Im starting to not look like a guy made happy , even if it means getting stared at :)
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Shantel on December 19, 2013, 08:30:25 AM

I disagree. I control my destiny because I do not allow others to control it.

I accept the influence of nature, but not the influence of others.

Why should I? Do I control them?
  •  

Edge

Hmm. In this case, would destiny be the sum of all the little choices one makes? I mean, life happens and other people happen and one can't really control that, but one can control how they act and react and what they choose to do. Added all together and it makes a path. I guess. My mind is odd today.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Edge on December 19, 2013, 11:12:31 AM
Hmm. In this case, would destiny be the sum of all the little choices one makes? I mean, life happens and other people happen and one can't really control that, but one can control how they act and react and what they choose to do. Added all together and it makes a path. I guess. My mind is odd today.

Your mind is fine today Edge, that was the gist of what my response to Cindy was suggesting. Beyond our own choices we really don't have control. We can set a course but really have no control over what the future actually holds for us.
  •  

Edge

I find that is still more control than other people think. Then again, most people I talk to are in their early twenties and don't really know what they want yet.
  •  

AdamMLP

I flipped out at an instructor today and got in a bit of trouble, but when my friend (the only one here who knows I'm actually male) came to calm me down and we both needed the toilet, so we walked over to them together. She just stopped at the bottom of the stairs (guys are downstairs and girls are in the same place on the floor above) and tried to make me go in to cheer me up. I refused because I don't trust my ability to pass when I'm in my uniform, and a lot of people know me. I didn't really want anything kicking off surrounded by massive navy guys either, and I was in enough trouble anyway.

Turned out I was right not to as my instructor came looking for me and was at the bottom of the stairs when we came down, and someone else in my class came out the gents a moment later, but it's still good to know I really am seen as me by her.
  •  

King Malachite

Happy- My sister just had her baby not too long ago and it was a boy.  YES!

Unhappy- Now there's an extra person I have to spend money on for Christmas....  Heck, now my sister has three children.  Ugh.....
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Happy:

(A bit NSFW)
http://i.imgur.com/DhzKURP.jpg

Unhappy:

God, that was the worst pain I have experienced. I so much wanted to cry, but screaming, not just the fluid dripping from the eyes.
  •  

SlateRDays

Unhappy: I have to survive the caffeine crash tonight and minor insomnia
Happy: I enjoyed the treat since I hadn't had it in some time
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: SlateRDays on December 20, 2013, 04:45:15 PM
Unhappy: I have to survive the caffeine crash tonight and minor insomnia
Happy: I enjoyed the treat since I hadn't had it in some time

What was it, just coffee?
  •  

SlateRDays

Quote from: Shantel on December 20, 2013, 07:25:00 PM
What was it, just coffee?

3 candy bars and a coffee. I'm a tad bit tweakish. I'm going to see if I can burn the energy before I go to sleep later.

unhappy: Frustrated I can't wear a silicone or cyberskin(masho's material) packer near my skin without odd irritation.

happy: I sewed my own. And this may go into the what did you learn section but, I now have a visual idea of how phalloplasty is done and can understand why creating the glans is difficult without it going completely flat.
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Orange Creamsicle on December 20, 2013, 10:26:11 AM
Happy - ditto
Unhappy - more kids means higher chance of people in my family not wanting me around in case I confuse the children if I come out.

I haven't really thought about that, but I suppose that's true as well.  As my family increases, I feel more distant from them.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •