Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

Happy- I found $5 at the store today

Unhappy- I need to put it towards getting a lapdesk that is triple the price online since it's sold out for it's regular price at Best Buy. :/
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

V M

Saw a bumper stinker that read... "I'm not a bigot, I hate everyone equally"

I'm pretty sure it was just meant as a joke, but felt sad for anyone who actually feels that way
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Keaira

Caleb is in Las Vegas, having a good time. He so needed this break. But I miss seeing him every night. And we both hate that he is in the US and not spending that time together. I do hope though that this will bring Caleb and his Dad a little closer together. Some bonding can only be good for both of them, right?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Keaira Raine on February 18, 2014, 04:22:30 AM
Caleb is in Las Vegas, having a good time. He so needed this break. But I miss seeing him every night. And we both hate that he is in the US and not spending that time together. I do hope though that this will bring Caleb and his Dad a little closer together. Some bonding can only be good for both of them, right?

Yes I think you are right about that, suppose we'll be getting a report soon huh?
  •  

LordKAT

I went to pick up my repaired car. Only to have them repair it cause it now had no brakes.

Taxi is making money off me today.
  •  

Lauren5

So it turns out the box from mom was filled with candies, snacks, a check from some law firm (I think I know what it's for) and then the kicker: a Calbin and Hobbes book. Which one did she get me? Weirdos From Another Planet. I'm not sure if she meant to get this one on purpose or not. It just feels somewhat offensive.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Willow on February 18, 2014, 04:32:18 PM
So it turns out the box from mom was filled with candies, snacks, a check from some law firm (I think I know what it's for) and then the kicker: a Calbin and Hobbes book. Which one did she get me? Weirdos From Another Planet. I'm not sure if she meant to get this one on purpose or not. It just feels somewhat offensive.

I'd hold off on being offended. If I remember correctly, the "weirdos" is reference to Calvin and Suzy's schoolyard gender politics.
  •  

Devlyn

I have "Scientific Progress Goes Boink?" somewhere around here. I'll be transmogrified if I can remember where.
  •  

MadeleineG

Calvin's wonderful, but I've come to prefer Alice Otterloop from Cul-de-Sac

•  

AdamMLP

I've been put down as "Miss [last name]" on the booking for the hotel I'm staying in because I'm not out at work. I've already had one argument about my identity.

Receptionist: When will Miss [last name] be arriving.
Me: That's me.
Receptionist: MISS [last name]?!
Me: YES.
Receptionist: M-i-s-s?!
Me: Yes.

Happy: I passed that well.
Unhappy: It was almost in front of my future manager, it's on my meal allowance slip and I'm so nervous they're going to argue who I am again that I'm seriously considering not eating again tonight. Its daft, because I've got £30 of food paid for by my company, and its the best I'll be eating for months.
  •  

big kim

Happy a day out with my sister
Unhappy she now needs a walking stick
  •  

Sephirah

Happy: just washed my hair. It feels, and smells lovely.

Unhappy: Forgot where I put my scrunchy, therefore I guarantee I'll have a gob full of it when I wake up tomorrow.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Calder Smith

Happy: my ex got back to me about my message.

Unhappy: she still doesn't think we should be friends.
Manchester United diehard fan.
  •  

NathanielM

Actually yesterday but I was at the local supportgroup and because a transman came to talk about his book there actually were some more transmen (instead of mostly women). And they're all so awesome! They're all gorgeous and it was hard figuring out which guys were SO's because they looked so good :p And they were really cool, and I spend a lot of time hanging out wth the guys which was this great feeling. And the guy that organises (and knows me) was calling me son again (no-one does that except him) and introducing me all proudly to people and hugging me and stuff... It was really cool!
except I then had to go and start thinking :p And you know it just got me down a little that they've all had topsurgery and most of them phallo and are pretty much past transitioning whereas I'm just starting out here. And it felt like I was with this cool group but I didn't really belong with them yet (altough I'm sure some of them would hit me over the head for thinking that ...) Sometimes I just wish it was easier.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

I did some looking into the TSA body scanners. Both times I've come back from the US, I've gone through the scanners only to have them raise some concern about my chest and pat it down. The first time I was asked if I had a big necklace on. This time, he just said he needed to pat down my chest. I tried to figure it out - did my bra set something off? If so, couldn't they see from my outline that I had no penis?

Turns out those scanners that show genitals are long gone as of early 2013. All they see now is a cartoon character, with a yellow mark wherever something suspicious is. They also don't always work that well (even the old ones that showed genitals didn't) so if someone wears baggy clothes or has an unusual form, they pat you down. So one of two things happened:

1) The scanner did in fact detect my bra as an abnormality, and it showed up on the screen.
2) I passed the body scanner, but they were concerned about my baggy sweater combined with an unusually large lump.

So happy: I obviously pass as male, despite my chest. I'm directed to the male officer without question.

Unhappy: my chest looks big enough that they suspect I am smuggling drugs or weapons in it. LOL. I guess it's kind of funny, in a horrible way.

As a sidenote, the male officers are always extremely professional in the chest pat-down. Just take both hands, sideways, and press down on the boobs with their palms. It's very quick and non-invasive.
  •  

Lauren5

Looking back over the documents given to me during the first time I visited my doctor the first time, there's a form for informed consent for hormones. All I need to do is sign this and show my doctor and she is required to prescribe me HRT.

Knowing my doctor she'll say the form is invalid and I need to come back in 2-3 months to have my depression re-evaluated.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

•  

Shantel

Quote from: birkin on February 23, 2014, 11:05:15 PM

Unhappy: my chest looks big enough that they suspect I am smuggling drugs or weapons in it. LOL. I guess it's kind of funny, in a horrible way.

They just want to be sure those aren't implants packed with C-4 explosive, oh and they should be careful about pressing the nips, they could be detonator buttons. :icon_hahano: :icon_peace:
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Shantel on February 24, 2014, 09:27:11 AMThey just want to be sure those aren't implants packed with C-4 explosive, oh and they should be careful about pressing the nips, they could be detonator buttons. :icon_hahano: :icon_peace:
First Umar, the Northwest flight 253 (failed) underwear bomber, now Caleb, the bra bomber! :D
*beep*

•  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: Shantel on February 24, 2014, 09:27:11 AM
They just want to be sure those aren't implants packed with C-4 explosive, oh and they should be careful about pressing the nips, they could be detonator buttons. :icon_hahano: :icon_peace:

LOL. Yes.
  •  

Edge

I had a very tame flashback type thing at school. I'm not sure how to describe it. The point is, I was able to make it stop and it didn't drain or hurt me nearly as badly.
My friends, despite not knowing what was going on, agreed to change the subject and didn't make any deal of it. I just took a couple minutes to breath and then we were back to talking about other things.
  •