Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaimeD

Quote from: Shantel on March 10, 2014, 09:41:58 AM
Huh.....what?
was referring to the clean undies comment.

Basically, just being stupid. in my own way. amusing myself a bit childishly.
  •  

King Malachite

Happy: A couple of guys in GTA V: Online said my character looks like a hitman, which was the look I was going for.  They even took pictures of my character.

Unhappy:  The other guys died and I was left to complete the mission because I failed it.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: JaimeD on March 10, 2014, 05:07:38 PM
was referring to the clean undies comment.

Basically, just being stupid. in my own way. amusing myself a bit childishly.

I was wondering what wearing clean undies had to do with slow busses too, but then wearing clean undies is nice if you suddenly wind up in the ER.
  •  

Brooke777

Happy : I held my own against the boys at work today. We had to train on carrying a 28 foot ladder that weighs 75lbs.

Unhappy : I am quite thin, and therefore not very 'padded'. I have bruises on my arms and shoulders from where that stupid ladder was!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Brooke777 on March 10, 2014, 10:36:25 PM
Happy : I held my own against the boys at work today. We had to train on carrying a 28 foot ladder that weighs 75lbs.
Way to go girl, show them how it's done!
Unhappy : I am quite thin, and therefore not very 'padded'. I have bruises on my arms and shoulders from where that stupid ladder was! Poor baby, just bruises so you'll pink back up!
  •  

Kittenswithmittens

Made me giggly although I feel like SUCH a dork, oh please don't tell my girlfriend how bad I am with housework lol. I just managed to put dishwasher soap in the washing machine aka foam heaven and there's nothing I can do about it because the washing machine won't open until the water's gone and it doesn't automatically empty itself so I need to wait for it.

It's 4 AM, I'm goddamn tired and there's no way I am going to sleep with that foam monster lurking in the bathroom.....
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on March 11, 2014, 09:40:58 PM
Made me giggly although I feel like SUCH a dork, oh please don't tell my girlfriend how bad I am with housework lol. I just managed to put dishwasher soap in the washing machine aka foam heaven and there's nothing I can do about it because the washing machine won't open until the water's gone and it doesn't automatically empty itself so I need to wait for it.

It's 4 AM, I'm goddamn tired and there's no way I am going to sleep with that foam monster lurking in the bathroom.....

Waaaa ha ha ha  >:-) there's something new to learn every day!  :D ;D :laugh:
  •  

LivingTheDream

Unhappy: Another huge snowstorm and super cold air

Happy: Class was cancelled today :D
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: LivingTheDream on March 12, 2014, 11:35:21 AMUnhappy: Another huge snowstorm and super cold air
Happy: Class was cancelled today :D
Same here.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Edge

I am apparently so obviously stressed that my lab prof made me make an appointment with a school counsellor. (As in she had me use her computer to make an appointment before I left the lab.)
On the plus side, it's nice to know someone cares and she told me I had a good head for science aside from the stress.
  •  

ForceMustang

My older brother is going to California for the Burning Man this summer, and that is so cool, so i'm happy for him. But a part of me is just jealous because i don't have the money yet, and won't have anytime soon because i still have one and a half year in college to do  :-X
(but you know, i'll keep waiting and i have my own hippy festival to go here this summer  :D)
Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just ...you know ... shoot 'em. "
Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"
Mal: "Politely."

--Firefly.
  •  

JLT1

I got called "ma'am" for the first time.  Which means, for the very first time and after 14 months on HRT, I passed!  But ma'am???

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

V M

Quote from: JLT1 on March 12, 2014, 09:15:38 PM
I got called "ma'am" for the first time.  Which means, for the very first time and after 14 months on HRT, I passed!  But ma'am???

Jen

Ma'am, the female equivalent to Sir = Score!!!  ;D  Congrats

My neighbor, aka Captain Obnoxious got up to one of his bellowing rants this evening which naturally reminded me that I truly should play my electric guitar more often as I'd hate for it to feel lonely  8)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JLT1

Quote from: V M on March 12, 2014, 09:20:11 PM
Ma'am, the female equivalent to Sir = Score!!!  ;D  Congrats

My neighbor, aka Captain Obnoxious got up to one of his bellowing rants this evening which naturally reminded me that I truly should play my electric guitar more often as I'd hate for it to feel lonely  8)

Thank you.  I fealt special..kind of warm all over.  And old.  But I will never forget.

Guitars can be wonderful things when amplified correctly!

Hugs!!

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Lauren5

My roommate thinks I'd look good with glasses like these.

Unfortunately I have 20/15 vision, I'm the only one in my family who has vision better than 20/40 (the minimum needed for driving without glasses)
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

•  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: Lauren5 on March 13, 2014, 01:09:10 AM
My roommate thinks I'd look good with glasses like these.

Unfortunately I have 20/15 vision, I'm the only one in my family who has vision better than 20/40 (the minimum needed for driving without glasses)

Try it! I love glasses like those but I can't wear them because the glasses would be too thick due to the size of the glasses. My vision is straight out awful, when I stretch my hand out I can't count my fingers without glasses or contacts on.
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

AdamMLP

A trans woman agreed to talk to me after work today, although she doesn't know what about. I'm cacking myself and I don't entirely know why.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: lxndr on March 13, 2014, 10:17:34 AM
A trans woman agreed to talk to me after work today, although she doesn't know what about. I'm cacking myself and I don't entirely know why.

She probably has an inkling, given that she's an out trans person and hasn't properly met you before. lol. I wouldn't worry about it. :)
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on March 13, 2014, 09:41:52 AMTry it! I love glasses like those but I can't wear them because the glasses would be too thick due to the size of the glasses. My vision is straight out awful, when I stretch my hand out I can't count my fingers without glasses or contacts on.
THere's no real reason to wear glasses though, considering that I don't need them for vision. Also, here in the US, most of the time, the frames are free, but oñly if you buy prescription lenses, which I won't need.

I may try it when I have more money.
*beep*

•  

V M

Quote from: Lauren5 on March 13, 2014, 01:09:10 AM

When I was younger I had 20/15 vision, but that started to fade about my mid thirties and so now I have to wear glasses for almost everything but the computer

Enjoy it while you've got it

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •