Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny07

You left it at my place!

Still sore to sit down. Ouch.

Any pics?
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Cindy

Having a photo shoot tomorrow!!!!

Ahhh becoming famous :embarrassed:
  •  

GnomeKid

Fellowship interview.........

So much promise.... So little ability to express it through words.
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

"Oh what a cute little girl, or boy if you grow up and feel thats whats inside you" - Liz Lemon

Happy to be queer!    ;)
  •  

Christinetobe

Happy that I did some research and my health insurance will cover treatment and medications but unhappy that I am only now starting something I have known about forever
As Brett Michaels said Every Night Has its Dawn :)
  •  

Shantel

Happy that I have many cis women friends that love me and are supportive, also happy that I have many FtM friends here that are buddies and I enjoy being just as supportive of them as I am of the MtF friends here and elsewhere.

Unhappy the new "What made you happy MtF only please" thread as if we don't tend to isolate enough from the real world already. I won't join an exclusively ingrown club because I belong to the all inclusive transgender community and prefer not to suffocate socially.  :icon_ballbounce:
  •  

defective snowflake

Quote from: Shantel on May 02, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

Unhappy the new "What made you happy MtF only please" thread as if we don't tend to isolate enough from the real world already. I won't join an exclusively ingrown club because I belong to the all inclusive transgender community and prefer not to suffocate socially.  :icon_ballbounce:
I did wonder why someone felt we needed one that was exclusive like that. 
  •  

Lauren5

Liking that each apartment in this quad has its own bathroom.
Not liking that my friend neglected to clean it.
Oh well, she was probably super excited for her flight early tomorrow morning, she flies to Bangkok via Chicago and Tokyo.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Kaylee

Quote from: Shantel on May 02, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

I thought that was a bit off having a gender segregated thread like that as well.  People are people, and everyone's view/perspective should be considered at all times (well, unless that POV is something I disagree with, then it's most definitely NOT valid!!  ;D )
  •  

Adam (birkin)

I felt pretty bummed out today while filling out apps for jobs I would hate. -_- I'm not one to rag on customer service jobs, they're hard as hell, and anyone who works one should probably be paid double what they're currently getting. But I do better in customer service when it's a smaller place, not so much one customer after another like in the convenience store or grocery store. So that made me pretty unhappy, feeling like I might not be able to do something I enjoy.

But, that feeling of sadness has inspired me to quit feeling sorry for myself and be more proactive in finding something that fits my skills and interests. Just contacted someone who had a job a few years back that I was interested in, to see how she got it. Maybe, if she can't recommend anything in that area to me, she will be kind enough to make other suggestions.

I also started looking at colleges again and found a few jobs that I not only would be good at, but am excited about. I actually wrote a cover letter that was sincere, rather than super painful and forced. I hope I can get one of those college jobs, that's really where I do the best work.

So, I felt really horrible and sad, but that inspired me to try some new stuff, and now I feel hopeful about this rather than anxious and upset.
  •  

Edge

It's Free Comic Book Day! I need to drag my son with me and he has little legs.
  •  

@Diana

I am happy that my close friends like to come to me for advice on their make-up & clothing ... But when I was honest to them what look good on them, whats not .. They said i was mean to them & they would stick with those they picked .. I was like wtf why did you come to me for advice then ... LMAO
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: DianaVV on May 03, 2014, 12:58:09 AM
I am happy that my close friends like to come to me for advice on their make-up & clothing ... But when I was honest to them what look good on them, whats not .. They said i was mean to them & they would stick with those they picked .. I was like wtf why did you come to me for advice then ... LMAO

Obviously they were looking for validation for their poor choices rather than advice.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: Edge on May 03, 2014, 12:21:54 AM
It's Free Comic Book Day! I need to drag my son with me and he has little legs.

Lift him ;D Lol.
  •  

Edge

Quote from: birkin on May 03, 2014, 05:00:07 PM
Lift him ;D Lol.
He's getting too big for that and he's heavy.
Ran into some people, it was fun, could only go to one place and had to leave quickly because he was in a bad mood. He was all giggly at home though.
  •  

radsi

My friends been having a rough few days and was telling me about it on whats app.. The autocorrect on my new phone has a mind of its own so in the middle of her telling me something pretty bad i meant to reply with "oh dear" but my phone decided to say "oh dwarves".. At least it made her laugh lol

Oh and it then decided to change "when are you leaving?" to "when are you lesbian?"

I really think i need to educate this phone of mine lol
  •  

King Malachite

Happy:  I went to Free Comic Book Day

Unhappy:  They either didn't have/ran out of most of the comics I wanted.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

MbutF

Happy : I got a message from someone who has been very upset with me for a month now

Unhappy : It was a farewell message, asking me to move on, I'm not getting another chance.
  •  

Edge

I found out Sunday night that I can still take my genetics exam. It's tomorrow.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: Edge on May 05, 2014, 04:59:48 PM
I found out Sunday night that I can still take my genetics exam. It's tomorrow.

That is awesome! I guess the prof was understanding in the end?

Edit: wait, happy and unhappy? What's the unhappy part?
  •  

Edge

It's tomorrow and I only found out Sunday night which means I had to get a babysitter for my son without much time (which, luckily, I got) and I'm still mad at myself for making such a dumb mistake.
  •