Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTMDiaries

That very, very awkward moment when you accidentally stumble upon your brother's profile on an online dating site... and he list amongst his interests 'casual sex'.

It's nice to know that he's back in the game and is trying to get his life together... but I feel like I've just walked in on my parents 'doing it'.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on May 06, 2014, 04:08:53 AM
That very, very awkward moment when you accidentally stumble upon your brother's profile on an online dating site... and he list amongst his interests 'casual sex'.

It's nice to know that he's back in the game and is trying to get his life together... but I feel like I've just walked in on my parents 'doing it'.

Cripes I can relate totally! My youngest son was on-line dating unbeknownst to me, charming women that were years older into sexual hookups. I told him he needed to cease and desist before he inadvertently met up with a Jeffery Dahmer type.
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Shantel on May 06, 2014, 09:05:01 AM
Cripes I can relate totally! My youngest son was on-line dating unbeknownst to me, charming women that were years older into sexual hookups. I told him he needed to cease and desist before he inadvertently met up with a Jeffery Dahmer type.

OK Auntie Shan, you win! Yours is even more 'eww!' than mine.  :o

Let's face it: we just don't want to think of our relatives in that way, do we?

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on May 06, 2014, 09:34:53 AM
OK Auntie Shan, you win! Yours is even more 'eww!' than mine.  :o

Let's face it: we just don't want to think of our relatives in that way, do we?

Not when we try to instill good moral values in them, but they all have to learn their own lessons because we don't know anything.
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Shantel on May 06, 2014, 09:47:33 AM
Not when we try to instill good moral values in them, but they all have to learn their own lessons because we don't know anything.

Ain't that the truth!

•  

Constance

My partner and I broke up for the fourth and final time last night. I'm upset, but really I think it's for the best. I am unable to offer what they need in a partner at this time.

Shantel

Quote from: Constance on May 06, 2014, 11:27:19 AM
My partner and I broke up for the fourth and final time last night. I'm upset, but really I think it's for the best. I am unable to offer what they need in a partner at this time.

((Hugs)) girlfriend! You are being mature about it and don't need to assume any guilt or blame, we all do the best we can and sometimes it's just not enough to satisfy everyone.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: FTMDiaries on May 06, 2014, 04:08:53 AM

lol. Sadly, I know so much about my brother's sexual proclivities and fantasies that I've come to accept it. -_-
  •  

Umiko

happy my dysphoria isnt acting up today but sadly, imma get a big punch in the stomach tomorrow  :-\
  •  

Edge

Quote from: Umiko Nixie on May 06, 2014, 06:20:15 PM
happy my dysphoria isnt acting up today but sadly, imma get a big punch in the stomach tomorrow  :-\
Why?
  •  

Umiko

Quote from: Edge on May 06, 2014, 06:20:53 PM
Why?
becuz usually when i'm in a state of bliss like i am right now, the next day, something always sets me off and me being hyper jealous, it sets my dysphoria into hyper mode. if it wasnt for my 2 therapy sessions a week, i'd end up back in the nut house lol. for some reason, its always my jealousy to sets me off the most
  •  

Edge

Quote from: Umiko Nixie on May 06, 2014, 06:22:57 PM
becuz usually when i'm in a state of bliss like i am right now, the next day, something always sets me off and me being hyper jealous, it sets my dysphoria into hyper mode. if it wasnt for my 2 therapy sessions a week, i'd end up back in the nut house lol
Ah. The roller coaster. I hope it gets easier to ride.
  •  

Umiko

Quote from: Edge on May 06, 2014, 06:24:41 PM
Ah. The roller coaster. I hope it gets easier to ride.
the roller coaster i want off but becuz of my need for a thrill, its gets me in trouble  :-\
  •  

Edge

Quote from: Umiko Nixie on May 06, 2014, 06:27:14 PM
the roller coaster i want off but becuz of my need for a thrill, its gets me in trouble  :-\
Install seatbelts. I also like the thrill, but learned skills so that I'm a little more stable. Have you tried one of the behaviour therapies?
  •  

Umiko

Quote from: Edge on May 06, 2014, 06:55:20 PM
Install seatbelts. I also like the thrill, but learned skills so that I'm a little more stable. Have you tried one of the behaviour therapies?
HAHAH! funny. no but i have tried anger management o.o i dont have behavior issue but i do gets explosive either when i'm irritated(this happens very rarely) or when that time of the month comes (believe it or not, for some reason, every month i get debilitating cramping, bloating and i wanna bite someone's face off just for looking at me) o.o other than that i'm ok, just something that i've never really dealt with before 
  •  

Edge

Quote from: Umiko Nixie on May 06, 2014, 06:59:06 PM
HAHAH! funny. no but i have tried anger management o.o i dont have behavior issue but i do gets explosive either when i'm irritated(this happens very rarely) or when that time of the month comes (believe it or not, for some reason, every month i get debilitating cramping, bloating and i wanna bite someone's face off just for looking at me) o.o other than that i'm ok, just something that i've never really dealt with before
Behaviour therapies aren't for behaviour issues. They teach behaviours and skills that can help with emotional problems including mood swings like that.
  •  

Umiko

Quote from: Edge on May 06, 2014, 07:14:04 PM
Behaviour therapies aren't for behaviour issues. They teach behaviours and skills that can help with emotional problems including mood swings like that.
ah. they just medicate me for that. bi-polar kicks my butt but i doubt i fit the criteria now
  •  

Edge

Quote from: Umiko Nixie on May 06, 2014, 07:15:19 PM
ah. they just medicate me for that. bi-polar kicks my butt but i doubt i fit the criteria now
Why's that?
  •  

Umiko

Quote from: Edge on May 06, 2014, 07:16:26 PM
Why's that?
the new DSM-5 criteria. plus i'm only moody becuz of my brain chemistry. i've been told many times that i'm not bi-polar, i just have mood swings of a girl on her period which excites me but yet again words like those sets me off so yea, but that is a good idea. i'll bring it up in my next therapy session.
  •  

King Malachite

Happy:  I finally get a little bit of closure

Unhappy:  It's still closure that I never wanted....
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •