Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

immortal gypsy

Just finished my first full shift today :). Unfortunetly I kept getting calls from my boss asking if I was alright. It is nice that he cares about me but last week I only had a seizure, I'm epileptic sadly thats a fact of life they occasionally happen. You can not wrap me in cotton wool pleanty have tried all have failed
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: immortal gypsy on May 12, 2014, 05:16:11 AM
Just finished my first full shift today :). Unfortunetly I kept getting calls from my boss asking if I was alright. It is nice that he cares about me but last week I only had a seizure, I'm epileptic sadly thats a fact of life they occasionally happen. You can not wrap me in cotton wool pleanty have tried all have failed

There is medication to prevent epileptic seizures you muse be on that, are you not?
  •  

Umiko

i'm feeling a little better but i'm suffering after affects -.-
  •  

Lee

My former girlfriend sent me a nice message.  I thought I was over her, but apparently I'm not.
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

immortal gypsy

Quote from: Lee on May 12, 2014, 11:49:58 AM
My former girlfriend sent me a nice message.  I thought I was over her, but apparently I'm not.
Are we ever truley over ones we use to love?

Quote from: Shantel on May 12, 2014, 09:19:45 AM
There is medication to prevent epileptic seizures you muse be on that, are you not?
I am and while I'm lucky it dosen't interfear too much in my life. No medication or combination is perfect these things happen occasionally. I still don't like it but I've learnt to accept it
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

•  

Shantel

Quote from: immortal gypsy on May 12, 2014, 06:44:39 PM
Are we ever truley over ones we use to love?
I am and while I'm lucky it dosen't interfear too much in my life. No medication or combination is perfect these things happen occasionally. I still don't like it but I've learnt to accept it

I wish you well sweetie!
  •  

antonia

Felt like a million bucks after learning that an old friend went through with her transition, forgot about a meal and didn't eat enough carbs (Type 1 diabetes), hypoglycaemia kicked in with shakes, nausea and the usual "I feel like >-bleeped-<", had to eat sugar pills and I'm not a happy gal.
  •  

immortal gypsy

Quote from: antonia on May 13, 2014, 12:41:26 AM
Felt like a million bucks after learning that an old friend went through with her transition, forgot about a meal and didn't eat enough carbs (Type 1 diabetes), hypoglycaemia kicked in with shakes, nausea and the usual "I feel like >-bleeped-<", had to eat sugar pills and I'm not a happy gal.

That's no good. Hope you get back on your feet quickly

•  

Felix

My kid got accepted to a middle/high school, and starts the day after tomorrow. They refused to give me any specifics about their suspension policy, so maybe she'll get kicked out as soon as her habit of hitting/kicking/spitting becomes clear, but it's better than jail. Everything is better than jail. She wouldn't understand jail and she'd be victimized too easily.

Happy she's being given a chance and also unhappy because my hopes aren't high. I went to 12 different public schools and still didn't manage to finish 7th grade before coming back for college years later, and my daughter is in the last two weeks of 8th grade and hasn't yet learned that 4 quarters equals one dollar. She can't read a clock and likes to run into traffic, and adults tend to react with a lot of emotion to her everyday behaviors.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Felix on May 13, 2014, 02:31:11 AM
My kid got accepted to a middle/high school, and starts the day after tomorrow. They refused to give me any specifics about their suspension policy, so maybe she'll get kicked out as soon as her habit of hitting/kicking/spitting becomes clear, but it's better than jail. Everything is better than jail. She wouldn't understand jail and she'd be victimized too easily.

Happy she's being given a chance and also unhappy because my hopes aren't high. I went to 12 different public schools and still didn't manage to finish 7th grade before coming back for college years later, and my daughter is in the last two weeks of 8th grade and hasn't yet learned that 4 quarters equals one dollar. She can't read a clock and likes to run into traffic, and adults tend to react with a lot of emotion to her everyday behaviors.

You've got a lot on your plate Felix, my heart goes out to you my friend. I hope things pan out, keeping my fingers crossed for you both!
  •  

defective snowflake

Gotta open at another store on Thursday so their manager can go to the doctor. The extra hours will be nice, but I've not opened for another store before and I don't really know my way around that one, plus they do the paperwork a little different there. I'll probably figure it out, but still, I like our store better...
  •  

LordKAT

I'm mixed on what would happen if killer shrimp from outer space met marsh monsters.
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: LordKAT on May 13, 2014, 03:13:17 PM
I'm mixed on what would happen if killer shrimp from outer space met marsh monsters.

I'm thinking immediate mutual annihilation.

Then again, all shrimp are killers if you're me.
  •  

defective snowflake

I would describe it, but I think it would break the TOS.   Let's just say, it wouldn't be pretty...
  •  

Christinetobe

What made me unhappy was spending 15 minutes searching for the back of an earring but I am happy it is finally MY earring
As Brett Michaels said Every Night Has its Dawn :)
  •  

Shantel

Waaaaaa Hahaha it would be catastrophic!  :D ;D :laugh:
  •  

Umiko

i lost my therapist becuz of my freaking insurance but i have so many endorphin's running through my blood, its not really hitting me as of yet :eusa_eh:
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Umiko Liliana on May 13, 2014, 04:57:01 PM
i lost my therapist becuz of my freaking insurance but i have so many endorphin's running through my blood, its not really hitting me as of yet :eusa_eh:

Sorry, did your policy get cancelled?
  •  

Umiko

•  

Jill F

Well, another nice long fingernail bit the dust, so I cut them back far enough to play my best guitars without damaging them.

Bye bye pretty nails, hello Marshall stack.  Suck it, neighbors!  >:-)
  •