Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonia

Just got back from a fertility clinic, I was going to make a deposit before I start HRT, turns out I don't produce any sperm so no need to bank anything but this does raise a lot of questions and I guess I'll need chromosome tests for XXY now to determine if I'm actually intersex.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

While out walking, I caught my foot in a mole hole. The (good?) part was that I just ended up up skinning parts of my left hand and elbow. It's been worse. A few weeks ago, I tripped on a curb, landed on my right hand and sprained the hell out of my right pinkie. It's just now getting back to normal.
  •  

Lauren5

Up and down and back up.
Dad said he'd send me some money.

Only if I called my uncle to ask him if he has openings in the stores up in the UP, and that if I didn't have a job by Wednesday and there was an opening up there, I'd take it.
He also said some other things, like that I haven't "experimented enoguh" with gender to know if transitioning is really right for me, and that I could just revert to get a job, but doesn't fully understand the dirstress it causes me, and didn't understand (but now he does) the implications for surgery (he thought it was a year on hormones, not a year full time as well.)

Some things he did say to me about my roommate and living situation has finally motivated me to do something about it, since he pretty much gave me the OK to go ahead with that. I wasn't really looking for his approval to do it, but getting it, that's encouraged me to.
He also mentioned that the Air Force may soon be lifting the ban towards transpeople enlisting, which would be great if I could only do it for a year rather than the 3 or 4. My plan was save enough to have surgery in the January-April timeframe, then move to Belgium (or elsewhere in Europe, depending where I get in) to restart my education, since trying to continue it here would be a nightmare, even if I was feeling better (have to take all 5 classes I failed and average a 3.8 on them to get my GPA back up to acceptable levels. Not to mention no major here really interests me. Looking at some degrees in British universities, many of them offered 4 year MS in Architectural and Civil Engineering, which isn't something I can find at MSU. They don't have architecture, only civil engineering, and the transportation segment only consists of roads, where I would be not happy and much prefer metrorail and airport development) it'd be tough. From what one of my Belgian friends tells me, lots of universities in Belgium are offering good scholarships and there are many jobs open for engineers, and I already know the terrain (even if it was 11 years ago) and one of the languages, and part of the other. I don't really care to be an engineer, it just seems that A+CE is the closest thing I can get to art that pays well enough, and allows me to be creative and use my vast imagination while ignoring my very little artistic talent.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

FTMDiaries

My iPhone was refusing to charge and my computer couldn't connect to it either. The battery went down to 30% and I was worried it'd shut down. :(

So I carefuly dug around in the charging port, dislodging a chunk of compacted fluff... and now it's charging again! :)

Yeah, I know: #FirstWorldProblems  ;D

•  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on June 09, 2014, 11:17:16 AM
My iPhone was refusing to charge and my computer couldn't connect to it either. The battery went down to 30% and I was worried it'd shut down. :(

So I carefuly dug around in the charging port, dislodging a chunk of compacted fluff... and now it's charging again! :)

Yeah, I know: #FirstWorldProblems  ;D

Pocket lint will do that!
  •  

Shantel

Had lunch and nice chats   :icon_lalala: with five different women friends that happened by, it was pleasant.

A woman I don't know gave me the  :icon_yikes: look as I was leaving. It was rather humorous though!  :icon_hahano:
I should have photoed the look on her face, I could have used it as my new avatar.  ;D
  •  

V M

Being able to get back online after an internet disruption
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Lauren5

Having fun with Kerbal Space Program.
Not having fun at doing bad at it and my spaceplanes always veering to the left on takeoff.
Also, my head is thinking in orbits. It also feels like it's orbiting something :P
This is what happens when I do something for too long.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Umiko

finally able to start my criminal justice courses but i end up getting a migraine  :o
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Shantel on June 09, 2014, 04:41:45 PM
I should have photoed the look on her face, I could have used it as my new avatar.  ;D

That would be so epic. In fact, we should all do that whenever some ignoramus gives us 'the look'.  ;D

•  

Edge

My friend called me with detail for the anime convention we're going to. I'm going to ahve to ask my ex to take my son for a couple extra nights. Bleh.
  •  

Shodan

Well. I'm finally losing my beer belly.

It's turning into a muffintop. :icon_cry2:

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Shodan on June 11, 2014, 06:21:23 PM
Well. I'm finally losing my beer belly.

It's turning into a muffintop. :icon_cry2:

Good work!  :eusa_clap:
  •  

V M

I've been losing some weight, but it's because I tend to neglect eating when the depression thing hits and besides, I'm pretty broke anyway  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jill F

Here's a winner-

I went to the gorcery store today and used my debit card with my legal name on it, but it somehow went through as a credit card, but I needed cash back and asked to cancel the transaction so I could re-run the card.

Cashier woman: "Sorry, it already went through." (translation: I'm new and don't have a clue how to do that)

Me: "Just cancel and do it again."

Her: "I can't do that. It's too late.  Besides, that's a credit card, not a debit card."

Me: "No, trust me, it's a debit card and I use it all the time"

Her (looking at name on card): "Umm, I'm going to need some ID.  You clearly aren't this person."

Me (getting pissed off): "Uhh, I'm transgender.  Can we maybe drop this?"

Her (suspicious): "I don't think so. Why are you buying tampons, then?"

Me (in the guy voice that I NEVER use): "They're for my wife, idiot.  Thank you so much for putting me through this.  Do you feel better now?"

So, I guess it's a pass. *le sigh*
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: Jill F on June 11, 2014, 07:38:05 PM
Here's a winner-

I went to the gorcery store today and used my debit card with my legal name on it, but it somehow went through as a credit card, but I needed cash back and asked to cancel the transaction so I could re-run the card.

Cashier woman: "Sorry, it already went through." (translation: I'm new and don't have a clue how to do that)

Her: "I can't do that. It's too late.  Besides, that's a credit card, not a debit card."

Her (looking at name on card): "Umm, I'm going to need some ID.  You clearly aren't this person."

Me (in the guy voice that I NEVER use): "They're for my wife, idiot.  Thank you so much for putting me through this.  Do you feel better now?"

Yeahhh....it sucks that you had to be embarrassed like that but that is a killer pass lol.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jill F on June 11, 2014, 07:38:05 PM
Here's a winner-

Consider the source and be thankful for her that she has a job so you're taxes won't be supporting her. You handled it pretty well though, I am so ashamed at the number of times that those things make me explode and have an "Oh g-dammit" moment because of my short fuse for BS!
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: Shantel on June 11, 2014, 08:08:22 PM
Consider the source and be thankful for her that she has a job so you're taxes won't be supporting her. You handled it pretty well though, I am so ashamed at the number of times that those things make me explode and have an "Oh g-dammit" moment because of my short fuse for BS!

Seriously, I can't wait to get my new ID and cards in July/August.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jill F on June 11, 2014, 08:26:06 PM
Seriously, I can't wait to get my new ID and cards in July/August.

Yeah I get you, but that was a terrific pass all the same! Most cis women can spot a MtF a mile away so you rock sister!
  •  

Marcel

Finished my coming letter for parents. Then I realized that I should make a separate one for mom since her English isn't good.
  •