Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny07

Have the day off work to pack and get ready. :)
Still have to go into work later today to brief my analyst.

Flying tomorrow to Manila. I don't travel well.
What tropical disease will I return with? It will be a lottery.
A full month away from home and everyone here. :(

Who will keep the kats under control?
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Marcel

I got back into MapleStory. The bad thing about that is that I'm going to more likely get sucked back this pay to win game and be spending my money in improving my main character. Damn those cute 2D graphics!
  •  

LordKAT

Jenny,
Don't forget that crate marked Fragile! Handle with extreme care. It is also important that it be opened soonest after landing.

Be seeing ya soon.
  •  

Jenny07

Don't worry LordKat, I will put some air holes in and fresh water for Cindy.
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Emily.T

My $800 cheque cleared but I can't get a lazer appt for 2 weeks
  •  

Lauren5

Finally got out of the looney bin, but the bus back to Lancing was 45 minutes late. Should be on the city bus now, almost home, but there's 30 minutes to go.
Moving tomorrow, I'm not ready to move. Still need to negotiate rent with the management; since dad refused to sign the form, they probably want even let me past the doorway.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Edge

A couple of my friends are getting married and I'm going to their wedding dance in a couple hours.
It's difficult to look good in "nice looking" male pants when I have hips.
Also the only tie I own that isn't outright Halloween themed is a Slytherin tie.
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

Heh.  Thanks to poor time keeping, I had to go in male mode.  I ended up rushing the makeup and the wig was wonky.  By then, I just gave up.

But I've got the ball rolling on getting therapy now which will hopefully get my >-bleeped-< sorted.

(I also got bothered by something too trivial to go into here.  When that happens, I feel silly when presenting as a woman)
- Kim
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Kimberley Beauregard on June 23, 2014, 02:39:48 PM
Heh.  Thanks to poor time keeping, I had to go in male mode.  I ended up rushing the makeup and the wig was wonky.  By then, I just gave up.

But I've got the ball rolling on getting therapy now which will hopefully get my >-bleeped-< sorted.

(I also got bothered by something too trivial to go into here.  When that happens, I feel silly when presenting as a woman)

There's always another time Kimberley! And uh I think I get you on that other item....yeah!
  •  

Megumi

Went to my women's yoga class and showed the girls my new awesome ID! :D

Ten minutes into the class my testicles decided to annoy me but stay hidden at least but still ugggggghhhh :(

•  

Lauren5

I start work today, with a 10 hour shift, and my uncle bought me a shirt from the store for advertisement. Also plan to pick up name change papers at the courthouse after an appointment in the morning. I can also start looking into facial hair removal in Petoskey or Traverse City too, since the income is coming in.

I have to be 5 hours in the stockroom, with a literal Kilimanjaro of boxes looming behind me as I work on inventory from the storage room and the second storage room (which never ever ever had merchandise in it as far as I've remembered) before getting to them. They put the Tower of Pisa to shame. I'm afraid I'm going to be crushed. My uncle needs to stop buying merchandise and sell what he has. There's enough to last two more years for all eight stores just in this one store. The others have enough to last one year in one store. So basically he could just not buy anything the next two years and we'd cut our expenses in half. No wonder my grandpa was at least partially serious about the board restructuring, with me on there in charge of the stores. If that happens, I'd be the first of his grandkids in the business in more than just the basic clerk/cook/carhop sense.
Tomorrow, the stores. Thursday, the restaurants. Friday, the hotel. Saturday, THE WORLD!!!
Hey, at least I waited till the weekend :P
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

FTMDiaries

Last night I was presented with an opportunity to prove what kind of man I am.

Yesterday my ex took his father to hospital for a neurological appointment. His dad has rapidly progressing Parkinson's and is now struggling to perform everyday tasks. Nevertheless, his dad has booked a week's holiday for him & his wife, and because of his rapid deterioration this may well prove to be the last holiday they get to take together. His wife, my ex's mum, begged my ex to join them and to bring our kids with so they can have one last holiday with their favourite grandkids. Naturally, I'm not invited - that side of the family has acted atrociously towards me for many years, and it got exponentially worse when I came out.

Now regulars at Susan's might recall that last year my ex decided to take my kids away on holiday to our usual spot... but I was deliberately not invited. This was extremely traumatising for me; I had to take that week off work and I needed to work through it in therapy. So this should be very triggering for me, right?

But these circumstances are different. This is perhaps my daughters' last opportunity to go away on holiday with their beloved grandparents. No matter how badly that pair has treated me over the years, I believe it would be inhuman of me to stand in the way under these circumstances. I have the opportunity to be the bigger man here.

So when my ex proposed all of this to me last night, I gave him my blessing to take the kids away again this year, and I am at peace with my decision.

•  

V M

I have a Dr.'s appointment later today, feeling a bit nervous about it
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Ms Grace

I managed to not eat chocolate today. Believe me, it required a fair bit of will power, so I'm glad... but also craving the stuff like you wouldn't believe.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Edge on June 21, 2014, 03:51:29 PM
A couple of my friends are getting married and I'm going to their wedding dance in a couple hours.
It's difficult to look good in "nice looking" male pants when I have hips.
Also the only tie I own that isn't outright Halloween themed is a Slytherin tie.

A Slytherin tie? They actually make those? Cool!
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Edge

Quote from: FA on June 24, 2014, 05:42:02 AM
A Slytherin tie? They actually make those? Cool!
Yeah. Luckily, no one cared what tie I wore.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: FTMDiaries on June 24, 2014, 05:01:22 AM
Last night I was presented with an opportunity to prove what kind of man I am.

Yesterday my ex took his father to hospital for a neurological appointment. His dad has rapidly progressing Parkinson's and is now struggling to perform everyday tasks. Nevertheless, his dad has booked a week's holiday for him & his wife, and because of his rapid deterioration this may well prove to be the last holiday they get to take together. His wife, my ex's mum, begged my ex to join them and to bring our kids with so they can have one last holiday with their favourite grandkids. Naturally, I'm not invited - that side of the family has acted atrociously towards me for many years, and it got exponentially worse when I came out.

Now regulars at Susan's might recall that last year my ex decided to take my kids away on holiday to our usual spot... but I was deliberately not invited. This was extremely traumatising for me; I had to take that week off work and I needed to work through it in therapy. So this should be very triggering for me, right?

But these circumstances are different. This is perhaps my daughters' last opportunity to go away on holiday with their beloved grandparents. No matter how badly that pair has treated me over the years, I believe it would be inhuman of me to stand in the way under these circumstances. I have the opportunity to be the bigger man here.

So when my ex proposed all of this to me last night, I gave him my blessing to take the kids away again this year, and I am at peace with my decision.

That is evidence that you have far outstripped their pettiness and you are now standing head and shoulders above the lot. Very commendable and empowering for you to have taken the high road, and what a sterling example you are being to your kids, kudos!  :eusa_clap:
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Shantel on June 24, 2014, 10:35:11 AM
That is evidence that you have far outstripped their pettiness and you are now standing head and shoulders above the lot. Very commendable and empowering for you to have taken the high road, and what a sterling example you are being to your kids, kudos!  :eusa_clap:

Aw shucks, thanks hun!  :)

•  

V M

Had to cancel my Dr.'s appointment because the transportation service goofed on scheduling my transportation  >:(  Plus now I feel really bad for raging on the phone at the transportation people  :P

In good news, the transportation office called back to apologize and to say that transportation for my appointment had been approved for when I reschedule  8)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Ms Grace on June 24, 2014, 05:38:11 AM
I managed to not eat chocolate today. Believe me, it required a fair bit of will power, so I'm glad... but also craving the stuff like you wouldn't believe.
Congratulations Ms. Grace. I know all too well how hard refusing chocolate is. I know my chocolate/junk food habit is what's keeping these extra 7 lb's on me I'm trying soooo hard to lose. But I have a refrigerator door full of chocolate goodies that's constantly calling me, lol!!

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•