Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

immortal gypsy

On this date (06/07) my grandfather died a man who raised me. It was also the date I realized that if I ever want to transition I have to be like him and work my way out of the hole I dug for myself that I can't just expect someone to give me a large sack of cash. Three years later I'm here if only he could see me, James Isley C your granddaughter misses you but never forgets what you taught her
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: immortal gypsy on July 05, 2014, 06:12:50 PM
On this date (06/07) my grandfather died a man who raised me. It was also the date I realized that if I ever want to transition I have to be like him and work my way out of the hole I dug for myself that I can't just expect someone to give me a large sack of cash. Three years later I'm here if only he could see me, James Isley C your granddaughter misses you but never forgets what you taught her
I like your ethic and attitude. I wish others I know had the same. It seems the people around me all expect a handout, lol! It really isn't funny though. And I need to be a little more stingy and stop enabling.

Your Grandfather must have been a great guy!

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Lauren5

I'm freaking beautiful today, nobody better call me sir or he.
So far so good, 5.5 hours in and only miss, she, young lady, or nothing. Still have 4.5 hours to go though.
Could also be due to less customers. We're not doing too well today. Most people left either last night or this morning, since 1, business has been slow.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Edge

Cuddling and stuff with my boyfriend made me happy, but it was weird since I have a female body and now I feel really dysphoric.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

I was unhappy because I was with a friend and we were talking to this girl...she was pretty hot though not my type...anyway she was very obviously into him. And at one point during the conversation it was like I was completely invisible. He kept trying to include me (I think he was oblivious to her liking him lol) but she was fixated on him. I wouldn't have even been into her, but I just felt sort of ugly in comparison. I got a random but unwelcome angry red pimple on my nose this morning, I don't have nice clothes (can't afford them and even if I could, they don't tend to agree with manboobs), and well...manboobs.

But in a weird way it made me happy, because it's "nice" relatively speaking to have normal body image issues rather than gender issues lol.
  •  

JLT1

I'm cleaning out my freezer and cooking whatever I can using the stuff that has been in there for a while.  Tonight, I made a fish and seasoned rice dish that was phenomenal.  I will make that again.  My wife would have loved it but she isn't here any more... 

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Sydney_NYC

I learned today that I'm about to become an aunt. The bad news is that my youngest sister went into labor 5 weeks early and she has a drug and alcohol problem. Plus she can't raise the child (nor can the father) and they don't want to get him up for adoption even though that can't even support themselves. My father flew up from Florida today to try and talk some sense into them.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Lauren5

Dad left me his car (manual) to drive as my sister was taking my grandpa's van. I've driven manual before, a while ago, and don't like doing it, and I remembered why I get frustrated; the timing of applying gas when shifting from neutral to reverse/first when you're not on a slope. So basically getting frustrated as hell at stop signs.
But when accelerating from a 35 speed limit zone to a 45 zone, in 4th gear, when the light came on to upshift, it felt so much faster doing 47 in that car in 5th than in grandpa's van at the same speed.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

•  

Adam (birkin)

Got a phone call at 11 pm asking if I could come in this morning to work. Had to shift everything around. So tired. 4 hours of sleep. I have to keep reminding myself that this is to help remove my accursed manboobies.

So yeah sad because I want to collapse, happy because money.
  •  

Cindy

Walked into the lab and saw an interesting case, I decided to take it. Hard diagnosis, really enjoyed the challenge. Nasty aggressive disease
Started to write it up - then found she is the wife of a close friend.

I can't tell him or her.

I can't sleep.
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: Cindy on July 10, 2014, 09:32:39 AM

I can't tell him or her.

I can't sleep.

*Hugs*. This is such a difficult thing for someone in your position to have to bear. :(

•  

JLT1

Quote from: Cindy on July 10, 2014, 09:32:39 AM
Walked into the lab and saw an interesting case, I decided to take it. Hard diagnosis, really enjoyed the challenge. Nasty aggressive disease

I can't tell him or her.

I can't sleep.

Why I wimped out on med school. 

I'm sorry.  You are wonderful.

Hugs,

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

immortal gypsy

Being kept out of the organization of my father's funeral for me is a good thing.  Being read the riot act being included with my siblings and mother's long term war isn't. The temptation to blow up the illusion of the perfect family is growing by the day. Anyone got a match >:-)
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

•  

Allyda

Quote from: immortal gypsy on July 11, 2014, 09:10:01 PM
Being kept out of the organization of my father's funeral for me is a good thing.  Being read the riot act being included with my siblings and mother's long term war isn't. The temptation to blow up the illusion of the perfect family is growing by the day. Anyone got a match >:-)
Am I understanding you correctly, your father is actually having a funeral for you?

Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Lauren5

Caved into my impulsive spending and bombed $270 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro, keyboard case, digitizer stylus, adaptors, and 3 64gb micro SD cards (I intend to only use one for the tablet, the other two are for my computer, or perhaps as spares. I picked them up cheap)
Now, I can finally into digital art, can easily carry my language programs around with me in my purse, and if I go back to school in the fall (if I figure out how to do it) have something light and with a good battery life to take to class rather than lug around my laptop, which gets 4 hours max, usually more like 3, as it was meant to play games and watch movies, not take to class.
*beep*

•  

immortal gypsy

Quote from: Allyda on July 14, 2014, 07:42:34 PM
Am I understanding you correctly, your father is actually having a funeral for you?

No he passed away,  and I haven't talked to him since I was 19. With my mum not talking to me I'm mostly finding out things from a sister, and playing go between when two siblings decide to fight AGAIN.

Funeral for me. You have just given me a idea for when I go full time next year

•  

V M

Actually last night, I was referred to as a COW!!!  :-\  Not sure how I should feel about that
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Edge

Last night, my bf showed me a couple of pictures from when he was younger. He was ridiculously pretty. Like exactly my type kind of pretty.
Now I feel bad because he's self conscious about how he looks.
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: V M on July 15, 2014, 08:39:25 AM
Actually last night, I was referred to as a COW!!!  :-\  Not sure how I should feel about that
Might have something to do with that long Mooooooo you gave those guys, lol!!

Quote from: immortal gypsy on July 15, 2014, 03:58:57 AM
No he passed away,  and I haven't talked to him since I was 19. With my mum not talking to me I'm mostly finding out things from a sister, and playing go between when two siblings decide to fight AGAIN.

Funeral for me. You have just given me a idea for when I go full time next year
Glad I could help. I'm sorry about the mistake though. Yea a funeral might be a morbid, but good way to say goodbye to your former male persona.

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: Lauren5 on July 15, 2014, 03:46:31 AM
Caved into my impulsive spending and bombed $270 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro, keyboard case, digitizer stylus, adaptors, and 3 64gb micro SD cards (I intend to only use one for the tablet, the other two are for my computer, or perhaps as spares. I picked them up cheap)
Now, I can finally into digital art, can easily carry my language programs around with me in my purse, and if I go back to school in the fall (if I figure out how to do it) have something light and with a good battery life to take to class rather than lug around my laptop, which gets 4 hours max, usually more like 3, as it was meant to play games and watch movies, not take to class.

Nice. ;D
  •