Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lauren5

Quote from: birkin on July 15, 2014, 12:58:06 PMNice. ;D
Even better since I'm starting to learn Japanese and Korean, I can take it to work and learn while it's dead, and the stylus will be perfect for writing Kana and Hangul.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

antonia

Doctor's office called to reschedule the appointment at which I'm supposed to start E, fortunately I'm running low on blockers so they managed to reschedule me for next Monday.
  •  

Evienne

unhappy because i've been dealing with serious thoughts of suicide lately  :embarrassed:
happy because I got a package of gifts in the mail from an instagram friend just as a nice thing. That really helped me feel better
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Sam314 on July 16, 2014, 02:17:26 AM
unhappy because i've been dealing with serious thoughts of suicide lately  :embarrassed:
happy because I got a package of gifts in the mail from an instagram friend just as a nice thing. That really helped me feel better
Do you have a therapist hun? If not please seek help. Take it from someone who tried twice. It's not worth it that I can promise you. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and if you stick it out things will get better. Please seek help though if your having a rough time.

All my best wishes and hopes :icon_bunch:
Hugs :icon_hug:
Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Blue Senpai

I got a call from Costco about my job application that I sent 2 weeks ago.
However, they decided for a phone interview and asking how I would make people buy products. Crash and burn.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Blue Senpai on July 17, 2014, 02:50:08 PM
I got a call from Costco about my job application that I sent 2 weeks ago.
However, they decided for a phone interview and asking how I would make people buy products. Crash and burn.

Bummer, you weren't ready for that! Stupid question anyway really, no-one makes anyone buy products. If anything it's the advertiser that plants the idea, a store clerk has nothing to do with the decision.
  •  

Jay27

I finally confessed to my friend that I've liked for a couple of years now. The problem is: I did it in a really unspectacular way...via the internet. Waiting for a response now  :embarrassed: 
  •  

Blue Senpai

Quote from: Shantel on July 17, 2014, 07:34:35 PM
Bummer, you weren't ready for that! Stupid question anyway really, no-one makes anyone buy products. If anything it's the advertiser that plants the idea, a store clerk has nothing to do with the decision.

I wasn't and I'm not the type to be excelling at sales anyways.

Quote from: Jay27 on July 17, 2014, 08:17:33 PM
I finally confessed to my friend that I've liked for a couple of years now. The problem is: I did it in a really unspectacular way...via the internet. Waiting for a response now  :embarrassed: 

I hope it goes well for you, that must have took some guts!
  •  

Jay27

Quote from: Blue Senpai on July 17, 2014, 09:00:11 PM
I hope it goes well for you, that must have took some guts!
Yeah, I didn't think I would ever be brave enough ;o; Thank you! Hopefully they are willing to remain friends with me afterwards even if things don't go well.
  •  

Edge

I'm in the infatuation phase of my relationship and am very happy. I hope it lasts because I really like this guy. We spent last night and most of today together.
It's kind of confusing because I spent the past three or so years being against relationships and stuff and now I'm in one. It was totally unexpected and I still don't know why.
I'm afraid his feelings for me won't last. I'm afraid my feelings for him won't last. I'm afraid that all this time we're spending together is going to cause problems. I'm afraid of history repeating itself.
  •  

Annabella

I was left alone for the evening to experiment with girl-mode!
I only had three hours or so to do so, and an hour and a half are gone :(
Almost doesn't seem worth getting out the makeup.
"But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy."
― Ellen Wittlinger, Parrotfish
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Annabella on July 17, 2014, 11:24:48 PM
Well if you do decide to go forth, let us know how you turn out!

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Emily.T

Quote from: Annabella on July 17, 2014, 11:24:48 PM

Even if you don't get time to get out the makeup enjoy the time that you have
  •  

Lauren5

Started getting the shipments from my order in. Got the stylus (useless until I get the tablet) and the SD cards.
The SD cards are 64mb though, not the 64gb cards I ordered. Need to return them.
No wonder they were so cheap, it was a rip off. The only card that I found with positive reviews saying it's not a ripoff is the price of all three of the cards I bought, but I can't be too certain it works because it only has 2 reviews compared to 30+ for the others, where half say they work and the other half says they don't.
If I can find one that says "fulfilled by Amazon" then it's probably legit. Just don't want to be paying too much over $15 for a card.
My external hard drive can soldier on for now, in fact, perhaps I should use my older, smaller one, since it didn't click when bumped like this one does. Weird considering it was in a laptop for three years before I used it as an external for a year, replacing it with the internal from my current laptop when I put in an SSD. But for the tablet, I'll need a micro SD card. At least 32GB is wanted for the language programs, if not 64GB.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Felix

I used to think I could explain things better to my kid when she was older, and today it hit me that that's probably not going to be possible. This was my consolation about so many things. I thought if I ever had kids I would make sure we had a yard and a dog, and I can't manage that, but I thought one day she'd understand that I'm not just being mean when I refuse to get a puppy. I thought that someday I could explain better why it's just the two of us, why no relatives are involved. I thought that one day we could watch the Simpsons together without her getting scared or upset. So many things. I thought I could go back to college after she was grown, that I could at least work odd jobs or something. I thought that as aging made her outlook more complex, she'd eventually not have the need for every detail to be okay or invisible like it does now. I think I assumed that her entire world wouldn't always hinge on my decisions and behavior.

So that was kind of upsetting to think about, but there is obviously the positive aspect. She believes in magic better than most people can, and she's immune to a lot of the world's problems for as long as she needs to be. Her happiness rarely seems to have any asterisks.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Awww. I always love reading your posts, Felix. You seem very insightful into so many situations in your life. I wish that things were easier for you and your daughter, but it is wonderful that you can see the positives where they exist as well.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: birkin on July 19, 2014, 07:28:54 AM
Awww. I always love reading your posts, Felix. You seem very insightful into so many situations in your life. I wish that things were easier for you and your daughter, but it is wonderful that you can see the positives where they exist as well.

Felix is blessed with resiliency!
  •  

JLT1

Quote from: Felix on July 19, 2014, 01:43:22 AM
I used to think I could explain things better to my kid when she was older, and today it hit me that that's probably not going to be possible. This was my consolation about so many things. I thought if I ever had kids I would make sure we had a yard and a dog, and I can't manage that, but I thought one day she'd understand that I'm not just being mean when I refuse to get a puppy. I thought that someday I could explain better why it's just the two of us, why no relatives are involved. I thought that one day we could watch the Simpsons together without her getting scared or upset. So many things. I thought I could go back to college after she was grown, that I could at least work odd jobs or something. I thought that as aging made her outlook more complex, she'd eventually not have the need for every detail to be okay or invisible like it does now. I think I assumed that her entire world wouldn't always hinge on my decisions and behavior.

So that was kind of upsetting to think about, but there is obviously the positive aspect. She believes in magic better than most people can, and she's immune to a lot of the world's problems for as long as she needs to be. Her happiness rarely seems to have any asterisks.

She has the most important thing she needs in you.

Thank you for sharing this.

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

V M

Coughing fit while eating which caused me to start choking which then triggered my gag reflex and I threw up  :P  Luckily I was able to make into the restroom in time to yak and the food bit I was choking on became dislodged

Pretty scary and painful experience, but at least I'm breathing again  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: V M on July 19, 2014, 03:44:25 PM
Coughing fit while eating which caused me to start choking which then triggered my gag reflex and I threw up  :P  Luckily I was able to make into the restroom in time to yak and the food bit I was choking on became dislodged

Pretty scary and painful experience, but at least I'm breathing again  :P

Glad you made it, not funny when that happens and it's hard not to panic.
  •