Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Quote from: Shantel on July 19, 2014, 03:48:20 PM
Glad you made it, not funny when that happens and it's hard not to panic.

Whew, I definitely did start to panic a bit
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: V M on July 19, 2014, 04:00:14 PM
Whew, I definitely did start to panic a bit

It seems that the reflex action when that happens is to gasp and then you inadvertently suck more food particles into the airways and it's darned scary.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Shantel on July 19, 2014, 04:37:56 PM
It seems that the reflex action when that happens is to gasp and then you inadvertently suck more food particles into the airways and it's darned scary.

I did still have a bit of food in my mouth and it was a concern to possibly add to the existing problem, I could feel my eyes bulging like my head would explode

Still a bit of a headache and rough throat but I'm starting to feel better
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: V M on July 19, 2014, 05:16:54 PM
I did still have a bit of food in my mouth and it was a concern to possibly add to the existing problem, I could feel my eyes bulging like my head would explode

Still a bit of a headache and rough throat but I'm starting to feel better

:icon_bunch:
  •  

Lonicera

I apologise for posting here without contributing before now and understand if nobody reads this, writing it out is mainly for the sake of purging emotions and making sense of things. :D

What made me sad? Very sadly, my partner had to deal with her mother stressing her greatly today by launching an attack about her job, for spending money on food essentials rather than saving for a new washing machine (I don't even begin to understand that), and for her reproductive health choices. Due to the anxiety and upset suddenly imposed on her, my partner desperately said out that the last one of these was influenced by the fact I'm transgender. After this, her mother kept pushing conversation around relatives they visited in that direction and effectively forced her to tell her grandmother and her father. Her mother showed no regard for welfare or anxiety, in my mind, so I'm a teeny tiny bit peeved to say the least.

I'm not focused on the disclosure because I've always aimed to encourage my partner to do whatever feels right and tried to explore possibilities for increasing happiness when it comes to my trans stuff. I just want her to make the best decision for her future happiness and feel anything can be said or done, no matter how unreasonable or absurd she might think it is. Personally, I would never ask her to keep my status private at a cost to her. It's why she's known about my status since before our relationship began. Of course, I'm not suggesting this is what others should do, it's what works for us. :)

What distresses me is that my partner's mother upset her for ridiculous reasons yet again and placed her in a situation where she felt compelled to disclose something she wanted to keep private until I was about to fully socially transition in the future. My partner intended to alleviate some of her fear by planning and such but never got to do that.

What makes me happy? My partner's family have said nothing negative to her so far. Her mother said she only cares about her happiness. Her grandmother just made a noise of acknowledgement then carried on with an internet search. Her father claims to not be bothered because he'd already guessed there was 'something odd' about me in 'that area'. It's far better than I'd anticipated because past conversation about gay men resulted in me having to challenge a litany of homophobic nonsense, ranging from 'it's not natural' to 'children shouldn't see them'. I'm glad my partner doesn't have to deal with keeping a secret any longer and just hope that they're actually being supportive of her rather than doing what they've done before, which is publicly accept something and be scathing about it in private until they become confident enough to reveal their true views.

Provided they're genuine, this could work out to be a far, far better scenario that allows greater time to adapt and creates less issues. ^_^
"In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself in a dark wood, where the straight way was lost. It is a hard thing to speak of, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood was, so that thinking of it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death: but, in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there." - Dante Alighieri
  •  

Felix

Lonicera, it sounds like your partner's mother doesn't relate to her in a completely healthy way, but that's wonderful that everyone involved was mostly cool about your identity. That's major. :)

For what it's worth, whether you post a lot or just showed up, your comments will get seen and read and thought about most of the time even if the responses don't always make that obvious.

What made me happy and unhappy today was preparations for moving. That's always a mixed experience.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Lonicera

Quote from: Felix on July 26, 2014, 06:16:33 AMWhat made me happy and unhappy today was preparations for moving. That's always a mixed experience.
Thank you very much for the input and, more importantly, good luck with moving. I hope the process goes smoothly and you find yourself feeling comfortable and content in your new home. ^_^
"In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself in a dark wood, where the straight way was lost. It is a hard thing to speak of, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood was, so that thinking of it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death: but, in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there." - Dante Alighieri
  •  

Shantel

My mother-in-law died today and though she really didn't care much for me I loved her just the same, I cried for her.

I'm happy that her suffering is over, she had the most horrible case of Rheumatoid Arthritis and was in constant pain, she was 90 and had lived a good life.
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Shantel on July 26, 2014, 09:51:20 PM
My mother-in-law died today and though she really didn't care much for me I loved her just the same, I cried for her.

I'm happy that her suffering is over, she had the most horrible case of Rheumatoid Arthritis and was in constant pain, she was 90 and had lived a good life.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Auntie Shan. Please except my condolences to you and your family.

Allie
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Allyda on July 27, 2014, 09:45:43 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Auntie Shan. Please except my condolences to you and your family.

Allie

Thanks hon!
  •  

LordKAT

Condolences and such. My thoughts are with you.
  •  

Emily.T

I'm sorry to hear that Shantel I hope that you are coping the best you can xx
  •  

Felix

Hearing transpeople interviewed on the radio. It needs to happen and I'm glad it's happening, but it's triggering to hear.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Emily.T on July 27, 2014, 07:57:21 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Shantel I hope that you are coping the best you can xx

It's all good, thanks to all!
  •  

V M

My old faithful desktop died yesterday  :'(  My new laptop is a fairly basic model, but it's smokin' hot compared to my old PC  8)

My TV died as well the day before so now my old monitor is now my TV

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: V M on July 28, 2014, 07:26:53 PM
My old faithful desktop died yesterday  :'(  My new laptop is a fairly basic model, but it's smokin' hot compared to my old PC  8)

My TV died as well the day before so now my old monitor is now my TV

It's called can-do ingenuity, the pragmatists approach to life!
  •  

V M

Quote from: Shantel on July 28, 2014, 08:46:45 PM
It's called can-do ingenuity, the pragmatists approach to life!

Hopefully that's a good thing  :)  Being practical is a necessity rather than a choice for me

My desktop had served me well but I knew it was struggling and would go down at some point so I did some research into what was going to give me the most bang for the buck for the applicable applications so I'd have a good idea what to look for when the time came

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: V M on July 28, 2014, 09:33:46 PM
Hopefully that's a good thing  :)  Being practical is a necessity rather than a choice for me

My desktop had served me well but I knew it was struggling and would go down at some point so I did some research into what was going to give me the most bang for the buck for the applicable applications so I'd have a good idea what to look for when the time came

Being disabled/retired on a fixed income I can relate perfectly Sis!
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: V M on July 28, 2014, 09:33:46 PM

Being also on a fixed income with the exception of what I make on the side, I custom build my own desktops and servers. I;m just finishing up an 8 core AMD based gaming machine I have less than $600. into. I build my own for the same reason, I  get more bang for the buck.

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

V M

I have a nephew that builds his own computers, but he's very religious and won't talk to me

- V M
  •