Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: V M on July 29, 2014, 05:23:48 PM
I have a nephew that builds his own computers, but he's very religious and won't talk to me

Too bad he's missing the gist of what unconditional love is all about and has joined the hypocrites camp instead. Good thing Jesus isn't like that!
  •  

V M

Quote from: Shantel on July 29, 2014, 07:09:56 PM
Too bad he's missing the gist of what unconditional love is all about and has joined the hypocrites camp instead. Good thing Jesus isn't like that!

Yeah, he's a muscle guy, rather conceited and quite the hater

I think he still begrudges me for blowing up his LEGO race car with a firecracker 

But hey, he and his friend were playing with firecrackers and trying to blow stuff up and failing miserably so I asked if I could give one a try

He looked a bit dismayed when the thing blew sky high and then came raining down in bits

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: V M on July 29, 2014, 07:33:25 PM
Yeah, he's a muscle guy, rather conceited and quite the hater

I think he still begrudges me for blowing up his LEGO race car with a firecracker 

But hey, he and his friend were playing with firecrackers and trying to blow stuff up and failing miserably so I asked if I could give one a try

He looked a bit dismayed when the thing blew sky high and then came raining down in bits

Well that's obviously it then, just jealous of your prowess with explosives!  ;D :D
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: V M on July 29, 2014, 05:23:48 PM
I have a nephew that builds his own computers, but he's very religious and won't talk to me
I'm sorry to hear about your brother placing his religious convictions over your happiness and you, his sister. Because religious people have had a profound impact on my life (my adopted family thinks because God made me this way, I should accept it and live my life with malformed genitals) every time I hear about this happening it fills me with sorrow. Jesus is love, God is love. Why can't they just see that?

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

MacG

My dog was hit by a car. Specifically my dad's car. Dad feels horrible.
However, though my dog is in surgery right now, the vet thinks she'll make it through and recover. She's only a year and a half.

Shantel

Quote from: MacG on July 30, 2014, 02:57:27 PM
However, though my dog is in surgery right now, the vet thinks she'll make it through and recover. She's only a year and a half.

That's awful, accidents happen. Feeling bad for both dad and dog!
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Aw that's sad.  :'( I am glad she is going to recover though.
  •  

Allyda

That's horrible I'm so sorry to hear. Wishing you all my hopes for your dog's speedy recovery. :icon_bunch:

Allie :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

MacG

Thanks. The surgery went long. She had a lot of damage. The next day or two will tell... I'm heart broken for my parents, who feel so guilty. They were watching my dog for a couple weeks so I could get the fence at our new place ready. They're 450 miles away, so no hugs. And I can't see my dog. Ugh.

MacG

Ahh Blech. My dog didn't make it. There was a whole lot of internal damage. She was too young to die, but she sure had an excellent life for the time she was here. She got to explore the forest and hop into the creek whenever, visit other dogs, chickens, horses, and a lot of people loved her.
She was just too afraid of the inside if car and not afraid enough if the outside of a car. (She was hit in our driveway by my dad who was going very slowly)

Shantel

Quote from: MacG on July 31, 2014, 02:05:42 PM
Ahh Blech. My dog didn't make it. There was a whole lot of internal damage. She was too young to die, but she sure had an excellent life for the time she was here. She got to explore the forest and hop into the creek whenever, visit other dogs, chickens, horses, and a lot of people loved her.
She was just too afraid of the inside if car and not afraid enough if the outside of a car. (She was hit in our driveway by my dad who was going very slowly)

Very sad Mac!   ((Hugs))  :icon_bunch:
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Awww I'm so sorry Mac! :( I was hopeful that she would make it through.
  •  

Allyda

I'm so so sorry to hear this. I was really hoping for a happy outcome. Please know that she's in a better place now with no more suffering.

Allie
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

FTMDiaries

I went to see my GP this morning about my hearing. I've been suffering some very noticeable hearing loss over the past 6 months and it's now at the point where I struggle to hear conversations if I'm not directly next to whoever is talking as well as facing them so that I can fill in any gaps by lipreading.

The GP was excellent and is referring me to the Audiology department of a major hospital... which makes me both happy and sad. Happy that my GP is taking it seriously and is referring me for further investigation. Sad (and worried) because my doctor was deeply concerned about the rapid onset and severity of my hearing loss, particularly at my relatively young age.

•  

Felix

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Mac. My parents backed over our cat once when I was little, but it was a quick death so we didn't face the trial of trying to save it. I can't imagine what you are going through.

What gave me mixed feelings is reading history books. It's all written to be light reading - one about the history of formal botany, one about humans and food, and one about Hawaii - but some of the stuff recounted is pretty heavy. It makes me sad to know the particulars of the darker parts of human history, but it makes me happy to be reminded exactly how well I have it. My life is so much easier for being born in the current era and in my country, and I am thrilled with the relative comfort and long lifespan I have access to.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

LordKAT

I put in 12 hours of work til early this morning, I have to go back to work and finish what I didn't yesterday plus so Saturdays work today.

I need the money, but have so much stuff to do at home.
  •  

MacG

Thank you for your kind thoughts about my dog.

I'm happy it's the weekend, but sad at the idea I should give away my dog's items. Hopeful that another dog can make good use.

Felix

Quote from: MacG on August 02, 2014, 09:01:34 AM
I'm happy it's the weekend, but sad at the idea I should give away my dog's items. Hopeful that another dog can make good use.
That's the right thing to do. I got most of my cat's things secondhand, and when he dies (he's not young) I'm going to try hard to be calm enough to make sure some other cat will enjoy them.

What made me happy and unhappy today was grocery shopping. There were no major incidents and I spent a reasonable amount of money for what I was buying, and the entire experience was pleasant, but deriving so much joy from a successful grocery trip is a reminder that my life will probably be difficult and small for a long time.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Edge

I found out recently that alongside coming out as bi to his mom because he's dating me, my boyfriend also told her I'm trans. Without my permission.
She still genders me correctly. Also, she acknowledged my existence today.
  •  

Kulti

My girlfriend boyfriend of 6 years recently expressed that He wants to be a guy. Happy, because I'm very happy for him and well... we'll have even more in common, but sad because i know what he's going through. Happy again because i can help - but sad because i can't help as much as i'd want to. Fun little rollercoaster.
Make it work. - Tim Gunn

*My art blog*
  •