Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny07

So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

V M

Stomped the first known hobo spider of the this season  8)  Now I'm afraid to go to sleep again  :P
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Adam (birkin)

A couple days ago someone gave me the most vocal and sincere display of acceptance that I've ever received (happy). Unfortunately I'm quite certain that I freaked that person out by opening up about how much grief my body has caused for me and now maybe we're not going to be friends (unhappy). I don't know.

As a result I decided to reach out to a counsellor, which makes me happy because hopefully it will open me up to growth. However (unhappy), I really feel like it may be better for me not to share my feelings with the people in my life. There's counselling, and there's online sites where you can talk to random people who sign on just to hear others vent.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: birkin on August 25, 2014, 01:05:05 PM
A couple days ago someone gave me the most vocal and sincere display of acceptance that I've ever received (happy). Unfortunately I'm quite certain that I freaked that person out by opening up about how much grief my body has caused for me and now maybe we're not going to be friends (unhappy). I don't know.

As a result I decided to reach out to a counsellor, which makes me happy because hopefully it will open me up to growth. However (unhappy), I really feel like it may be better for me not to share my feelings with the people in my life. There's counselling, and there's online sites where you can talk to random people who sign on just to hear others vent.

Venting here is very therapeutic at times, it's ok hon!
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Here is OK but I think I might have to keep people IRL at arm's length from now on, they just can't handle it lol.
  •  

V M

Watching Billy Crystal give tribute to Robin Williams on the Emmys

It was a beautiful tribute and I was happy about that, but then I just cried and cried then cried some more
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Lauren5

Spurs are top of the league.
Wish I could be playing football.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Ashlotte

Made my last trip to the pediatric dentist today. I don't know why I'm slightly unhappy about that, but I am.
:icon_zombie:
  •  

King Malachite

Happy: My mom brought me a Little Ceaser's Hot n Ready

Unhappy:  She put extra mozzarella on it because *she* thought it was too dry.... -sigh-
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Lauren5

It appears American Airlines covers SRS, hormones, and BA/DM (depending if MtF or FtM of course) for employees under the standard plan. Awesome!

Now just to explain the whole age thing, and I'm very worried about that. They say you have to be 20 to be an FA. Well, I'm in this job for 9 more weeks, training takes 8.5 weeks, and my birthday is in about 16.5 weeks; I'll probably want a week or two of down time in-between the two to get everything in order and head to Dallas for training. So I'd be a bit past 20 by the time I graduate from training. Do they want me to be 20 when I graduate, when I begin training, or when I apply? The middle I could deal with, I could at least do odd jobs and such till then or do something. The latter worries me, as it usually takes 2 months for applications to be reviewed. I can't be out of a job and roaming around for at least 4 months; I won't make enough money in this job to sustain myself until then. I only found one phone number (not preferred, voice over the phone + phone anxiety) for HR, and it seemed to be for employees with benefits questions, while the chat requires an employee login.
I know of one other AMR employee on this site, any more that may be able to help?
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

MyKa

Last day before having surgery. So much too do so little time.
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.....J.Dean
  •  

AdamMLP

The Big Issue seller and his dog who were there this morning were still by the station when I came back from my GIC appointment. I tried to walk past, but had to go back and buy a Big Issue that I don't even want because I couldn't pass up the opportunity to help him out even just a little bit, or to say hello to his dog.

Thank you so much to Sizzles and the guy who's name I don't even know. I'm in tears at the station because I miss my little dog so much, I haven't seen her since Easter and I may never see her again.
  •  

V M

My sister brought over two large beautiful plants last night, I love plants  8)  Then she told me they were from my nephew's funeral  :'(  Cried myself to sleep

I'll be sure to give then plenty of loving care

- V M
  •  

big kim

Finally got time to sit down for a meal and felt sick at the sight of it and threw it in the bin after 2 spoonfuls
  •  

GnomeKid

Day off!

day off wasted...

There is still a chance, however, that it can be reclaimed. 
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

"Oh what a cute little girl, or boy if you grow up and feel thats whats inside you" - Liz Lemon

Happy to be queer!    ;)
  •  

JulieWeeks

I found a new shade of bold pink lipstick that I am in love with but it limits the colour of outfits you can wear with it. 
BElieve in YOUrself
  •  

V M

Happy - My apt. inspection went well today   :eusa_dance:

Unhappy - I thought I had gotten over the flu but it came back and hit me even harder this morning  :P  I'm dizzy, have little to no energy, can't eat anything and I never know which end is going to spew like a volcano first  :P

- V M
  •  

YinYanga

My 17 year old cat -who was living with my brother- has been diagnosed with cancer. We were adviced to let him go to sleep on Monday. I had the last say and I agreed its for the better; he was already suffering from arthritis in his hindlegs ..Ill probably bawl my eyes out on monday, ugghh

I am happy because it can end the suffering

Love you kittycat
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: YinYanga on September 13, 2014, 06:07:32 AM
My 17 year old cat -who was living with my brother- has been diagnosed with cancer. We were adviced to let him go to sleep on Monday. I had the last say and I agreed its for the better; he was already suffering from arthritis in his hindlegs ..Ill probably bawl my eyes out on monday, ugghh

I am happy because it can end the suffering

Love you kittycat

((Hugs)) Poor kitty, it's always a sad occasion!
  •