Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: YinYanga on September 13, 2014, 06:07:32 AM
My 17 year old cat -who was living with my brother- has been diagnosed with cancer. We were adviced to let him go to sleep on Monday. I had the last say and I agreed its for the better; he was already suffering from arthritis in his hindlegs ..Ill probably bawl my eyes out on monday, ugghh

I am happy because it can end the suffering

Love you kittycat

Hugs!!!!  My wife and I had to put our 17 year old fur baby to sleep last year due to stomach cancer. I cried for days it seemed. Two months later we lost or 19 year old fur baby to failed kidneys. We miss them both as they were our children and part of the family. Remember that it's best that they don't suffer.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Allyda

Quote from: YinYanga on September 13, 2014, 06:07:32 AM
My 17 year old cat -who was living with my brother- has been diagnosed with cancer. We were adviced to let him go to sleep on Monday. I had the last say and I agreed its for the better; he was already suffering from arthritis in his hindlegs ..Ill probably bawl my eyes out on monday, ugghh

I am happy because it can end the suffering

Love you kittycat
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I know how sad your feeling believe me. Like you say tho his suffering will be over. All my sympathies. :icon_bunch:

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

King Malachite

Unhappy:  The beautiful girl working at a Chick-Fila straigtened her hair.  Her hair was natural at first (women with natural flowing hair drive me crazy), but it's not like that anymore.

Happy:  She is still exceptionally beautiful.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Edge

Just read a recent comic with Loki, Thor, Odin, and Thor's new found sister. Once again, I was struck by how similar Loki is to me. I feel happy, confused, sad, and... some form of weird I can't really describe all at once.
Also kind of pathetic for relating so much to a fictional character.
  •  

YinYanga

Had my hair cut and coloured

I look like a femme guy again  :(
  •  

Dee Marshall

This was last evening, it always takes me a bit to process this stuff enough to post it. Sweety asked me if I was happy with the way HRT is affecting me. I told her that I was pleased with the mental changes and that there were only minor physical changes so far because she can't stand that I might look too female and I'm good with that right now because it means we can stay together.

She told me that it was making me very "level". I said that was exactly what I was hoping for. A year ago or more she was complaining that I should get therapy for my wild mood swings. She told me that it was too much, like might happen to someone who was bipolar, that I never seemed really angry or really happy anymore. I realized that she was talking about "flat affect", a term she wouldn't know to use. There hasn't been much to be "really happy" for us lately, but I didn't make that point. I told her that it was mostly true that I'm not hitting those big swings I had been, but that I had been keeping more control on my anger and elation as I feared either one might trigger her right now. She told me not to. I said I wouldn't and then kissed her all over her face saying that I had feared she reject something like that. She said she still might.

So, it made me happy that she validated the positive changes, but unhappy that she seemed to see them as a negative outcome. Still, it's progress.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Dee Walker on September 25, 2014, 06:52:28 AM
This was last evening, it always takes me a bit to process this stuff enough to post it. Sweety asked me if I was happy with the way HRT is affecting me. I told her that I was pleased with the mental changes and that there were only minor physical changes so far because she can't stand that I might look too female and I'm good with that right now because it means we can stay together.

She told me that it was making me very "level". I said that was exactly what I was hoping for. A year ago or more she was complaining that I should get therapy for my wild mood swings. She told me that it was too much, like might happen to someone who was bipolar, that I never seemed really angry or really happy anymore. I realized that she was talking about "flat affect", a term she wouldn't know to use. There hasn't been much to be "really happy" for us lately, but I didn't make that point. I told her that it was mostly true that I'm not hitting those big swings I had been, but that I had been keeping more control on my anger and elation as I feared either one might trigger her right now. She told me not to. I said I wouldn't and then kissed her all over her face saying that I had feared she reject something like that. She said she still might.

So, it made me happy that she validated the positive changes, but unhappy that she seemed to see them as a negative outcome. Still, it's progress.

Good report really! She's just leaving the door cracked open in the event she feels a need to escape, but that may not happen as long as you continue to communicate often and keep her apprised of anything she should know about rather than surprise her later. This incremental approach worked well with us as well as the calming effects of HRT that took away my explosive "oh g--ammit!" moments which always cause a spouse to become fearful.
  •  

Edge

My boyfriend and I are at the point where we love each other and we know it, but not at the point where one of us has said it.
Or maybe it's too early to say we're in love. Maybe I'm being ridiculous and jumping the gun.
  •  

YinYanga

Quote from: Edge on September 25, 2014, 10:07:57 AM
My boyfriend and I are at the point where we love each other and we know it, but not at the point where one of us has said it.
Or maybe it's too early to say we're in love. Maybe I'm being ridiculous and jumping the gun.

Well, only one thing left to do!  ::)
  •  

Edge

•  

YinYanga

Time for the waiting game then.....*zzzz*

(I agree, he should do it first :P)
  •  

Allyda

Our weather finally broke where I live in Florida making way for more boating/fishing, and getting outside and doing things instead of being stuck inside due to heat and humidity. :eusa_dance:

Sad part is, I caught a very nasty cold yesterday when it all of a sudden got cold yesterday morning while I was sleeping uncovered, cough, cough! :icon_ashamed:

Ally ;)
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Lee

I got to campus at 4am to review for a test this morning, which was unpleasant. However, I ran into someone I have worked with before, and she offered me a job at the hospital she's working at now.  The job sounds perfect, and it made my morning a lot better.
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

ImagineKate

Well here it comes and it has been a long long time coming...

I booked a therapist appointment, a couple weeks from now. Need some breathing room for me to think and also clear my kids' birthday (yes, plural, they are triplets, one of the side effects of having to see a fertility doc, partially my fault).  So I'm happy but nervous to go down this path.
  •  

Mariah

Getting the first laser session done in the breasts area today. I thought the face hurt, but nothing prepared me for the pain I felt in this area.  Which is the part that made me unhappy and made me wish I had started sooner. I thought I was starting early enough that it wouldn't hurt that bad, but I guess not.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

antonia

Interesting, I've had 5 full body sessions and the upper lip still hurts the worst for me, even worse than the Brazilian :P

Quote from: Mariah2014 on September 26, 2014, 07:49:16 PM
Getting the first laser session done in the breasts area today. I thought the face hurt, but nothing prepared me for the pain I felt in this area.  Which is the part that made me unhappy and made me wish I had started sooner. I thought I was starting early enough that it wouldn't hurt that bad, but I guess not.
  •  

Mariah

I never had a tone of facial hair and few different factors played a role in the breast area being much more painful including how dense the hair coverage was.
Quote from: antonia on September 27, 2014, 07:00:02 AM
Interesting, I've had 5 bull body sessions and the upper lip still hurts the worst for me, even worse than the Brazilian :P
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

NathanielM

It's monday and I've had one morning (9-12) of class and I'm already exhausted (again). I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this up for very long. On the plus side I came home, crawled in bed until four and then cooked, cleaned up and prepared stuff for tomorrow. Now I'm curled up on the couch again but I've basically done everyhting I've had to even without pushing myself too far. I'm getting the hang of this selfcare thing!
  •  

Edge

Some kids asked if I was a "he or a she." They were rude, but at least they didn't automatically assume "she."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Edge on October 06, 2014, 05:39:28 PM
Some kids asked if I was a "he or a she." They were rude, but at least they didn't automatically assume "she."

On a positive note it shows change is happening.
  •