Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElDudette

Happy:just painted toes nails & nails w/ dark purple w/ sparkles

unhappy: almost out of said nail polish and clear coat :(

Quote from: Jam on August 03, 2012, 07:54:41 PM
I finally got around to getting some man vests (yey) but then I asked my friend to try them on and now I feel like cr*p because the sides of his stomach are straight. His whole trunk looks wider and far more masculin then I can ever hope for because I am lumbered with an hour glass figure.

I'd trade you in a 100th of a heart beat if I could.. I'm shaped like a burley Scotsman :(   Woot on the vest thought!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you." --The Stranger, The Big Lebowski

"Does the caterpillars dream of one day taking to the sky on gossamer wings?
  •  

ImagineKate

Two things.

First off, got back my last set of labs (just a regular checkup). A1C is too high, 7.7. Need to get that down. Probably because I started to slack off with exercise and I haven't been going to the gym. I usually keep it between 5.5 - 6. Everything else though? Pretty darn good, normal or just borderline high. Uric acid down to normal range which I am extremely happy about. I have gout and that pretty much leaves me useless and paralyzed.

I kind of came out to my doc, telling him that I am possibly transgender and that I may be starting HRT soon and what to look out for. He said he wasn't surprised... lol. He said to watch out for the A1C and triglycerides, and that with spiro I would be off the bp meds because that helps with bp and they'd interact (in a bad way). And the bad news when I talked to the receptionist is that they're not in network for my insurance, and they've been billing my insurance and they haven't been paying... wtf! So now I look for a new doc, maybe one that's trans friendly?

The other weird good/bad news.

I had a dream. I dreamt I was on the operating table to get SRS. Not sure who was the surgeon but she was female. So she said, "ok this is it. Anything you want to do before you go to sleep?"

I said, "jeez, maybe I should tell my wife first. But I really need to pee. Let me go so I can stand up and pee one last time."

Then what do you know, I woke up and had to go pee, lol.
  •  

Jill F

Having my house in "construction mode" shambles again, but because we kicked so much gluteus max today, it looks like it will be done a day ahead of schedule and I save $750.

Not looking forward to hauling 5 gallon paint buckets tomorrow.  I used to be able to manhandle them, but now it's a real struggle.
  •  

Edge

I went to go exchange a shirt for a better size and the cashier misgendered me. I corrected him and he apologized and then started telling me about how some people come in who are... He spent a few minutes struggling to find the word before telling me he had thought they were a different gender and then told me the story of how one time he was really uncomfortable due to meeting a "crossdressing stripper."
Happy: watching the guy squirm was amusing.
Unhappy: I don't like his attitude and he's probably transphobic
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Edge on October 14, 2014, 03:22:51 PM
I went to go exchange a shirt for a better size and the cashier misgendered me. I corrected him and he apologized and then started telling me about how some people come in who are... He spent a few minutes struggling to find the word before telling me he had thought they were a different gender and then told me the story of how one time he was really uncomfortable due to meeting a "crossdressing stripper."
Happy: watching the guy squirm was amusing.
Unhappy: I don't like his attitude and he's probably transphobic

Always makes it worth the discomfort of being misgendered by a twerp!
  •  

V M

Earlier last month when I went to refill my Advair inhaler script it got denied by my insurance, I thought "what the hecks? I kinda like being able to breath" and somewhat thought it was a requirement for folks that have to put up with this lame hellhole called earth

So anyway I got another denial letter along with another lame excuse in the mail today and decided to ask the pharmacist about it because the Dr's office was closed, much to my surprise the approval finally came through and they had it ready for me and I'm good until next year  8)

Now I'm just kinda concerned as to how I'm going to afford my HRT refill next month because the ins. doesn't cover that  :P

*Heavy sigh*
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

LordKAT

It should cover HRT as part of ACA says they have cover it for you if they would for anyone else. Other women take hormones so it should have to be covered. I admit you could end up fighting for it.
  •  

Jill F

VM-

Now I'm just kinda concerned as to how I'm going to afford my HRT refill next month because the ins. doesn't cover that  :P

Got PayPal? How much do you need?

Aren't you in WA?  I thought that was covered by law now.
  •  

V M

No, I'm not in WA although I have thought about moving there or Oregon or even back to Calif. I'm in the state next door where folks like us tend to be generally frowned upon

Yes, I have PayPal but I'm not going to hit anyone up as it is not allowed here at Susan's place

I'll have to look into the ACA and see if it can help in my state or not
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Mariah

I was going to post this in the happy thread, but now that I have thought about it I feel it belongs here. I was working on my paperwork that I have to have finished by the beginning of November. I', suppose to fill these sheets out monthly and sometimes I do, but generally I fill them out shortly before they are needed. Anyway several of the sheets are from months prior to the name change taking affect at work. As a result, a few last signatures of my old name had to be made. The fact That I totally messed it up my first go at signing my old name again shows how much things have changed in the last few months. I'm glad I won't have to sign with my old name again, but at the same time passing this milestone saddens me at the same time. I would have never thought I would have felt sadness over this moment. I happy to be done with the paperwork, but I still can't get over the fact that I could forget how to sign my old name so quickly.
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

MyKa

Unhappy.....dropping the fob to my car in the toilet last night. Happy.....putting the aired out and cleaned fob back together today and it works thank god. These things for my car are like $300.00 a piece
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.....J.Dean
  •  

King Malachite

Unhappy:  Somehow, I cut my finger and didn't realize it.

Happy:  The pain (magnified by rubbing alcohol on it) is curbing my strong sex drive.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Zoidberg

Therapy. Unhappy because I pretty much spent the whole time crying and I don't think this guy necessarily knows much about trans stuff so Idk how much he can help with the underlying cause. Happy because I feel like he's gonna be able to help me tolerate the symptoms while I figure it outout nothing else. For the first time in days, my depression isn't intolerable tonight.
  •  

Allyda

I'm very happy a good friend is coming to stay with me to help care for me during my pre, and more important, post-op SRS while I heal. This takes a great worry off of me, and allows me to go ahead and schedule my consults and surgery.

Unhappy because I have to make a 5 plus hour drive to go and get her. It's leaving my home and property unattended overnight that does. Sometimes road trips can be fun tho. And I do have someone riding up there with me to keep me company. So it isn't too bad, and I'll be back the next day.

Ally ;)
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

JLT1

Quote from: Allyda on October 24, 2014, 09:19:29 AM
I'm very happy a good friend is coming to stay with me to help care for me during my pre, and more important, post-op SRS while I heal. This takes a great worry off of me, and allows me to go ahead and schedule my consults and surgery.

Unhappy because I have to make a 5 plus hour drive to go and get her. It's leaving my home and property unattended overnight that does. Sometimes road trips can be fun tho. And I do have someone riding up there with me to keep me company. So it isn't too bad, and I'll be back the next day.

Ally ;)

Hey Ally!!!!!

I found a psych who can serve as a second recommend for surgery with only an on-line visit or two.  PM me if you need this.

I am excited for you. You go girl!!!!

Hugs,

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

V M

Was finally able to do some laundry, but not until 4:00 AM in the morning and I just got them into the dryers and I'm dog tired and still have a freakin gnarly headache  :P  But at least I'll have some clean clothes and bedding in about an hour  8)

- V M
  •  

Jill F

I came down with a nasty bug.  Cough, sinus headache, brain fog, fatigue, stuffy head, etc.   :(

I'm pretty sure it's not Ebola.  :P
  •  

Jay27

I threw away my binders since they were unsafe, but now I don't have anything to bind with :-\
  •  

Dee Marshall

I measured myself to see how many inches I got back between the cruise, the food expo and stress eating, and I gained almost everywhere, but...

My measurements, except for my small boobs were cylindrical, the same at all three points. Now, my waist is the same, and tighter, my chest is one inch larger,...

And my butt is TWO inches larger! Curves a comin'!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Dee Walker on October 29, 2014, 08:29:06 PM

Actual fortune cookie I received the day I got fired (10/28/14):

"You are strong and brave, use these qualities to pull through."

Never believed in those things, but, still...

Believe it because having read many of your posts it is evident. I can't image finding a new apartment in NYC under those circumstances, things here in Seattle are atrociously expensive but not anything like NYC. I have never listened to the word "can't' myself, it's not a part of my vocabulary or internal persona, so as long as you maintain that kind of perspective I think you will prevail over the odds. My very best to you Dee!
  •