Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Both Happy and Unhappy at the Same Time Today?

Started by V M, July 19, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiaOhMya!

Quote from: antonia on December 11, 2014, 10:48:32 PM
Me and my partner broke up after 4 years, we've grown apart and both agreed this was the way to go since we'll be living/working in different cities.

Knew intellectually this was a very real possibility but emotionally processing it is still taking it's toll.

Happy we are still friends, happy we split on good terms.

Sorry Hun. I am going through a similar-feeling situation. It is very tough. My boyfriend made me happy and sad today. We've been together nearly 4 years.

We just got home from what started as a nice evening. I was happy as I got a group of our friends together at the last minute to surprise him after a rough week at work. We went out and all was well...

...until AS USUAL various things happened through the evening. Primarily I cannot take it anymore how much he lives to be negative. He almost wants trouble. He acts like he hates everything and everyone. He belittles the value of education and berates anyone who might give him advice. He is a hypocrite when it comes to acceptance. He is a T-guy and expects everyone to respect that and treat him right, then he turns around and absolutely positively disrespects EVERYONE who is not like him.

Tonight he went off on me that all the CRAP he talks is okay because he treats others fine... to their faces.  Tonight he said I must be retarded because I don't know that all of the horrible things he says...about everything and everyone... aren't ACTUALLY what he thinks.

So, easy example, he talks crap about my parents ways and conservative politics..people who helped him to finance his car, and let him live WITH ME under their roof for 2 years. He refuses to visit them. Calls my mom a stupid b*tch and my dad annoying...but alas I am supposed to just say "It's not what he REALLY thinks of them!" ???

Another example, he is Tguy but hasn't done ONE thing to transition since I've known him. However I do hear constantly how he hates being called "ladies" when we're together. He hates that people assume we're lesbians. This person SAW ME TRANSITION and go from sirs to ma'ams. Don't they get it, you hafta DO something. Yet today he holds my passability and successes AGAINST ME like it was freaking easy or something. I tell him every time that I never once held it against someone that they called me sir before I physically began to transition!

He also believes that the problem isn't his negativity so much as that I dislike it. AHHHHH. My head's gonna explode!!! I don't want to leave him, truly I do love him. I know he is just beaten down, but his negativity has doomed him. Makes me saddddd. Sorry, I really needed to vent!!!  :'(

Edited: many times. I also want to add I'm not NEAR perfect, have my mental moments. I can be a handful at times, but I do try to take notice my faults and address them.
  •  

antonia

I'm sad you are going through this, to me it sounds like there are some insecurity issues but I might be way off base here.

At the end of the day you need to make sure you are happy and sometimes that means short term pain.

Hope things get better one way or another.

- Antonia

Quote from: MiaOhMya! on December 12, 2014, 11:58:50 PM
Sorry Hun. I am going through a similar-feeling situation. It is very tough. My boyfriend made me happy and sad today. We've been together nearly 4 years.

We just got home from what started as a nice evening. I was happy as I got a group of our friends together at the last minute to surprise him after a rough week at work. We went out and all was well...

...until AS USUAL various things happened through the evening. Primarily I cannot take it anymore how much he lives to be negative. He almost wants trouble. He acts like he hates everything and everyone. He belittles the value of education and berates anyone who might give him advice. He is a hypocrite when it comes to acceptance. He is a T-guy and expects everyone to respect that and treat him right, then he turns around and absolutely positively disrespects EVERYONE who is not like him.

Tonight he went off on me that all the CRAP he talks is okay because he treats others fine... to their faces.  Tonight he said I must be retarded because I don't know that all of the horrible things he says...about everything and everyone... aren't ACTUALLY what he thinks.

So, easy example, he talks crap about my parents ways and conservative politics..people who helped him to finance his car, and let him live WITH ME under their roof for 2 years. He refuses to visit them. Calls my mom a stupid b*tch and my dad annoying...but alas I am supposed to just say "It's not what he REALLY thinks of them!" ???

Another example, he is Tguy but hasn't done ONE thing to transition since I've known him. However I do hear constantly how he hates being called "ladies" when we're together. He hates that people assume we're lesbians. This person SAW ME TRANSITION and go from sirs to ma'ams. Don't they get it, you hafta DO something. Yet today he holds my passability and successes AGAINST ME like it was freaking easy or something. I tell him every time that I never once held it against someone that they called me sir before I physically began to transition!

He also believes that the problem isn't his negativity so much as that I dislike it. AHHHHH. My head's gonna explode!!! I don't want to leave him, truly I do love him. I know he is just beaten down, but his negativity has doomed him. Makes me saddddd. Sorry, I really needed to vent!!!  :'(

Edited: many times. I also want to add I'm not NEAR perfect, have my mental moments. I can be a handful at times, but I do try to take notice my faults and address them.
  •  

Marcellow

Might be getting famous too soon, it's great for visibility but not sure how I feel about it.
  •  

Jill F

I got hit on by the bass player playing at the bar tonight.   Was he blind?
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Jill F on December 15, 2014, 11:12:20 PM
I got hit on by the bass player playing at the bar tonight.   Was he blind?
Good for you Jill! No, he's not blind he just liked you! Is that so strange? You look quite fabulous girl!

Happy Holidays! :icon_bunch:
Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Jill F

Quote from: Allyda on December 16, 2014, 05:39:12 AM
Good for you Jill! No, he's not blind he just liked you! Is that so strange? You look quite fabulous girl!

Thank you so much.   I'm still new to this thing where straight guys are hitting on me, even with my wedding rings in plain sight.  I honestly don't think I'm exactly "pretty" or "super feminine" or "desirable".  Oh, if only he wasn't creepy in a "drives panel van with shag carpet" sort of way... 
  •  

Marcellow

Got the prescription for T and syringes for self injection but the doctor upgraded me to 10ml vial and now I gotta pay double what I expected. e__e
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Jill F on December 17, 2014, 03:19:09 PM
Thank you so much.   I'm still new to this thing where straight guys are hitting on me, even with my wedding rings in plain sight.  I honestly don't think I'm exactly "pretty" or "super feminine" or "desirable".  Oh, if only he wasn't creepy in a "drives panel van with shag carpet" sort of way...
Unfortunately the unwanted or unexpected attention from guys is something we must get used to. It happens to me a lot and it still freaks me out a lil, but I've gotten better at not showing my nervousness over the last few years. I just giggle a lil sometimes, say thank's, or I'm flattered but I'm lesbian, or something along those lines while remaining polite and appreciative -after all guys hitting on you is sort of a compliment, then I go about my business. If he's creepy looking or "drives that panel van with shag carpet," I steer as clear of them as much as possible and stay in well lit areas until I can get away from them. I haven't had any close calls yet but there's a first time for everything.

After a while you'll even start to feel good about getting hit on, as it demonstrates your femininity. Getting treated like a lady is one of the best things ie: guys holding doors for you and such, I very much enjoy.

Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Jill F

Quote from: Allyda on December 18, 2014, 12:38:06 AM
Unfortunately the unwanted or unexpected attention from guys is something we must get used to. It happens to me a lot and it still freaks me out a lil, but I've gotten better at not showing my nervousness over the last few years. I just giggle a lil sometimes, say thank's, or I'm flattered but I'm lesbian, or something along those lines while remaining polite and appreciative -after all guys hitting on you is sort of a compliment, then I go about my business. If he's creepy looking or "drives that panel van with shag carpet," I steer as clear of them as much as possible and stay in well lit areas until I can get away from them. I haven't had any close calls yet but there's a first time for everything.

After a while you'll even start to feel good about getting hit on, as it demonstrates your femininity. Getting treated like a lady is one of the best things ie: guys holding doors for you and such, I very much enjoy.

Oh, the getting hit on part is something I can get used to, as is getting doors opened for me.   I just sort of want to roll my eyes at guys who hit on obviously married women.   Admittedly, having a "child molester moustache" as well and needing a breath mint or ten doesn't help.  And yes, I'm still sort of blown away now that I get treated like a woman everywhere I go, when in my head sometimes I'm still that "shaven ape in a dress" with no chance in hell.

Hugs to you,
Jill
  •  

V M

Woke up feeling really run down with a really gnarly headache  :P  Feeling a little better but still kinda blah with a lingering headache

Hope I'm not coming down with something
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Rainbow Dash

Kristy and Monica were talking about the 3 of us having a girls night out to see a movie. A minute later it hit me that it was about this time that Jannie and Azmaria came to visit and the 3 of us went to see " The girl with the dragon tattoo." 2 years ago. I was so amazingly happy to be with them. It was was the last time  I saw Jannie alive in person. I still miss her so much. Maybe that's another reason I have just become so grouchy with the Christmas holidays. Or why I am looking forward to spending future Christmases in a semi truck alone.  perhaps I need to back off a little from Monica and Kristy. I'm tired of losing good friends who I considered family. I don't want that to be the case with them too.
"Maybe I really joined with them to keep the loneliness at bay.
Yet in the end, you couldn't make it go away. Others could rely on you, but you couldn't rely on them."

"She's a little scared to get close to anyone because everyone who said, "I'll always be here for you," left."
  •  

Tossu-sama

Unhappy: Had to take the cat to the vet today. It was clear he wasn't feeling well and based on what I saw and looked up in the internet, he had urinary problems. Well, he did. His urinary track was clogged at the tip of his little cat dingdong so it was a bit tricky to clear out.

Happy: He's okay now! And he had no stones so no surgery was required. It was just some mineral junk gathered over time. He's now on pain meds and antibiotics for few days. He's currently recovering from the sedatives he was given at the vet so it's kinda funny to watch... xD But he's starting to act normal again, shrimps got his attention right away. :D
  •  

Rainbow Dash

I failed my road test. got past all 3 backing maneuvers and then got out on the road and hit a curb.

But, during the night drive class, I shifted gears like a pro in her rig. 
"Maybe I really joined with them to keep the loneliness at bay.
Yet in the end, you couldn't make it go away. Others could rely on you, but you couldn't rely on them."

"She's a little scared to get close to anyone because everyone who said, "I'll always be here for you," left."
  •  

V M

Actually yesterday, as I was about to leave the store a nice young man called me ma'am and asked me if I would like a ride home

Unfortunately, I think my voice gave me away when I asked if there was enough room for my bicycle and he gave me a rather perplexed look, but then he shrugged it off, said yes and gave me a ride anyway

I was feeling exhausted and was really glad I didn't have ride home on the icy roads  8)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Skyler

Having to move but then having to move all my stuff down a flight of stairs and into the van +car then having to move it all into new house... urgh! yaya!
  •  

immortal gypsy

First time waiting in line for a cubicle in the ladies to be free at the shops, and no weird looks at my direction. Yay for me

Umm did I mention I was waiting in line to go to the bathroom.
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Sky on January 01, 2015, 10:48:16 PM
Having to move but then having to move all my stuff down a flight of stairs and into the van +car then having to move it all into new house... urgh! yaya!
I've been in exactly that position recently. I feel for you!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

ImagineKate

Electrolysis didn't hurt that much today.

It still hurt and my face is swollen.

And I had to go to work with this yucky beard grown out.

Can't wait to shave off the ugly male face fur when I get home!
  •  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: ImagineKate on January 06, 2015, 12:45:45 PM
Electrolysis didn't hurt that much today.

It still hurt and my face is swollen.

And I had to go to work with this yucky beard grown out.

Can't wait to shave off the ugly male face fur when I get home!

One thing you can do to help is to bring a razor (one that hasn't been used) and a little soap or very basic shaving cream (an electric razor is OK as well) and shave right after electrolysis (Shelly doesn't mind). I do it all the time. (not much left these days to do)
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

ImagineKate

Quote from: Sydney_NYC on January 06, 2015, 01:36:33 PM
One thing you can do to help is to bring a razor (one that hasn't been used) and a little soap or very basic shaving cream (an electric razor is OK as well) and shave right after electrolysis (Shelly doesn't mind). I do it all the time. (not much left these days to do)

Good advice. I can shave at work too.
  •