Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Ultimate Prosthetic

Started by ty.to.the.man, August 14, 2012, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aleon515

Kenton, it's not a case of whether the prosthetic looks good or not. I think there are mixed feelings about that one, but whether or not the guy running this "company" actually ships and if he ships what he says he would. If you can't afford Reel Magik, there are a couple possibilities:
I think likereal is one. The STP is stupid but you can just get them to put a hole in it. Another would be lolajake. They are running a sale right now. I think there have been problems with both companies products but at least they do ship them. Another possibility is peecock. They seem to be a less realistic but the STP is workable to some people. A fourth is Reel Magik's basic packer. It's a really nice packer. A final one is just to set a little aside each month.

We all just hate people throwing money at this guy who seems to lack basic business sense or have the capital to run a company and ship his products. It isn't that his products are lacking so much. I think we could forgive that, but that he does not always ship and people have had to contact paypal to get him to pay up or deliver. It's VERY bad to pay $200+ for nothing.

(BTW, basic prosthetics from Reel Magik are more like $500-- you are thinking of top of the line.)

--Jay
  •  

Codyboy1989

I can understand the pricing issue, but aleon is right...why would you spend a little less money on something that you may never receive?  This Ultimate Prosthetic may be half the cost of a basic RM prosthetic, but I've ordered from RM 3 times and gotten all of my products at pretty darn close to the estimated wait time I was given at the time of ordering, give or take a week (one of my orders actually go to me 2 weeks earlier than estimated).  I would gladly twice the amount of money on a product that is guaranteed to arrive and look great, especially since so many have reviewed them and said they actually received them and how great they look.

I still can't understand how some guys think the Ultimate Prosthetic actually looks good...I really think the scrotum and attachment tab look awful...very lumpy and "badly sculpted" looking.  From the photos, the skin color doesn't look that great either.  It looks very homemade to me.  I guess going from having nothing to that is better, but I can't justify the money for the frustration and lack of quality.  I don't know if I'd go with a Lolajake either...I have heard horror stories about the skin peeling off on more than one review.  Likereal might be better if you are concerned with the cost...at least they seem to have a better rep.
  •  

AdamMLP

I second what Jay and Cody say.  It's not having a long wait time or poor customer service that's the problem with Ultimate Prosthetic, it's the fact that you may never get what you've paid for.  You might rather spend $229 instead of $580 (basic ReelMagik with flex rod), but would you rather hand over $229 to some rather dodgy company and get nothing in return or spend $580 and actually be guaranteed to receive something?  And that something is probably going to last a lot longer than the Ultimate Prosthetic from what that video shows.

There were also some questions early on in this thread as to what the Ultimate Prosthetic is actually made out of, and I can't remember anyone getting a straight answer out of him.  The video also showed that it is not the size he says it is, so what else is he making up?

There's a reason why it looks more realistic than all of those other packers in the video, they're just that, packers.  They don't claim to be prosthesis, with maybe the exception of the Peecock, but even that's for a fraction of the price, so isn't really putting itself in competition with the prosthetics that are out there.

Also, I just looked through the old posts here and noticed that you said you'd ordered a prosthetic back in October and never mentioned getting it, just that you were getting messed around a lot by him and then decided to give him a second chance and withdraw your dispute.  It's been almost 4 months and you're encouraging people to go for it...
  •  

kenton_07

Quote from: AlexanderC on January 31, 2013, 03:12:42 PM
Also, I just looked through the old posts here and noticed that you said you'd ordered a prosthetic back in October and never mentioned getting it, just that you were getting messed around a lot by him and then decided to give him a second chance and withdraw your dispute.  It's been almost 4 months and you're encouraging people to go for it...

I'm waiting just as long as I would be waiting for a ReelMagik and mine is currently on its way via USPS. I ordered the Gen2 Peecock for the mean time and I absolutely hated it so I ended up selling it at a lower price to someone else. I also ordered the one of the STP Fitz packers as well and I'm not impressed either. I guess that I have a gut feeling that I'm going to like this product.

The Ultimate Prosthetic is also a prosthetic you can use to STP where you can't STP with a ReelMagik so they do differ and I do not want just the basic packer. In the case of buying a basic packer, I wouldn't have ordered from the Ultimate Prosthetic if I was going to buy just a basic packer. I ordered it for the 3 in 1.

I understand that nobody is happy with the customer service but I'm pretty patient. Initially, I was acting out of fear of losing my money but that doesn't seem to be what actually happened. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can spend their money as they please but I don't think that we should be discouraging everyone from buying it. If someone is patient, they could really be impressed with this product.
  •  

AdamMLP

Quote from: kenton_07 on January 31, 2013, 04:41:38 PM
I'm waiting just as long as I would be waiting for a ReelMagik and mine is currently on its way via USPS. I ordered the Gen2 Peecock for the mean time and I absolutely hated it so I ended up selling it at a lower price to someone else. I also ordered the one of the STP Fitz packers as well and I'm not impressed either. I guess that I have a gut feeling that I'm going to like this product.

The Ultimate Prosthetic is also a prosthetic you can use to STP where you can't STP with a ReelMagik so they do differ and I do not want just the basic packer. In the case of buying a basic packer, I wouldn't have ordered from the Ultimate Prosthetic if I was going to buy just a basic packer. I ordered it for the 3 in 1.

I understand that nobody is happy with the customer service but I'm pretty patient. Initially, I was acting out of fear of losing my money but that doesn't seem to be what actually happened. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can spend their money as they please but I don't think that we should be discouraging everyone from buying it. If someone is patient, they could really be impressed with this product.

The only difference between the Ultimate Prosthetic and the basic ReelMagik prosthetic is pretty much just the STP.  The colours on the Ultimate Prosthetic that I've seen don't warrant comparing it to the advanced model, and tbh pretty much everyone who has brought it and reviewed it, that actually looks legit (i.e. not a couple of posters who've just popped up out of nowhere within a couple of hours of each other and then disappeared), seems to say that it's really shoddy handiwork.

The difference between the shipping times is that the ReelMagik is upfront at the very beginning about it and these guys aren't, and they repeatedly lie about when it's going to get shipped.  Is the tracking actually showing that it's in transit or do you just have the tracking number?

Buy what you like, but this is a pretty sketchy looking business and I think people need to be aware of that.  I'm just not wanting people to throw away hard earned cash on something that isn't guaranteed.
  •  

aleon515

The difference is NOT the wait time. If Ultimate Prosthetics SAID it would take 5 months and they shipped in 5 months, it wouldn't matter. RM says how long it will take to ship and which conditions apply and so on, and they are very specific about it. They contact you and let you know, etc.
There is a professionalism there that is totally lacking with UP. They tell you they will ship in 3 weeks or something (which is actually more like what they should be doing looking at their product). Anyway they say that and then after months and months the typical victim has to go to Paypal and threaten them and then after a slew of nasty emails (this is way way more than just some poor customer service-- I'd say he borders on fraud), *maybe* he might ship. The thing is I think that his behavior borders on fraud if not being outright fraud. He has sent people pictures of their package photoshopped with there info or something.

Unless you have an actual UPS (or other) tracking no. that you can actually track (I'm not sure he isn't involved with some mail fraud either, getting tracking nos and the like), I wouldn't believe you're actually getting something.

I wouldn't be encouraging other guys to buy from him.

BTW, fair point Codyboy, re: lola jake. Haven't heard a lot of good stuff about them, in fact the opposite. (I've also heard neutral or ok things). THe only reason I mention them is the sale. If these were full priced (around $300-500), I wouldn't mention them. I am inclined to think that likereal is the best medium cost option if you just had them drill a hole and not actually put in the STP.

I am less concerned at this point how good the product is in the case of UP and more worried about his lack of ability to ship.

--Jay
  •  

kenton_07

It is a legit tracking number and I'm getting the USPS email updates on its location. The only thing that is different about their shipping times is by what they state on their websites. If the UP guy changed his estimated shipping time, I don't think these problems would arise anymore if people were well aware based on what this forum says and what the UP website says as long as the shipping on the UP website was updated.
  •  

transat18

I'm glad you're giving TUP the benefit of the doubt. But I wouldn't and I STRONGLY urge anyone thinking about buying from them to stay away. I had to fight tooth and nail with Richie to even get what I got. (Hi, I'm the guy who actually made the video) And honestly I tried getting my money back on more than one occasion and was told he was working on it. He even told me it was finished and would give me a tracking number, then he seemed to have fallen off the planet for over a week. He did give me a tracking number but it was fake. That was on the first of December. When I watched to see where the updates were coming from it NEVER changed. After a week I questioned him about it where he revealed that my product wasn't even finished yet. He lied a total of 3 times about it being done and when I was going to get it. And then to actually get it and see it looks like it's ready to rip apart, that is what I am unhappy about. Yes, all of the wait time is annoying, and the fact he isn't honest about it is worse. But to not get what I was told I was buying, that is fraud. And then to deny the accusations and tell other customers I was the one lying and just complaining for the sake of complaining. Yeah. He's a real trip.

So stay away from the ultimate prosthetic. They are definitely not Ultimate in any way.

For anyone who has ordered, file a dispute with paypal, the FTC, the BBB, and the attorney general in both your own state and in Oregon since that is where they are. Go here (http://transat18.tumblr.com/tagged/theultimateprosthetic) for all the info. The Ultimate Prosthetic has broken the Consumer Trust Act and everyone should be aware of this.
  •  

kenton_07

I understand your reasoning completely. Each of our experiences with him differ in ways which is probably why I feel a little different than the majority. I think I have just accepted everything that has happened so I'm just patiently waiting now and I'm in no rush. I'm just pleased with the overall look of the prosthetic in your video which is the only reason why I commented about it. For me, that is the biggest thing, the realistic look and function. I haven't come across a video where someone has actually adhered the prosthetic to their body yet.

I may also have different expectations than others. I'm not sure what they are but maybe I just look at it differently.In the videos I've seen, people are saying the product is horrible even though they haven't even used it for what it is made for. As someone who already ordered it, I'm eager to find out if it actually works. If it doesn't, I would make sure I got a review out there about the actual function and look of the prosthetic.

Have you used it since you made the video?
  •  

Codyboy1989

Some of us has said it looks terrible only because it does, especially when placed next to other comparable products.  Just take a look at the photos posted by transat18:

(http://transat18.tumblr.com/tagged/theultimateprosthetic)

The prosthetic looks like it was pieced together very badly...it is lumpy looking and the paint job leaves much to be desired.  We are not making this stuff up...it's right there if you just look at it.  Only trying to save you from disappointment and a waste of good money.
  •  

transat18

I have not attached it, I actually bought the glue recommended but once I saw what I got I had no desire to put it on my body. I am certain that if I were to wear mine, the balls would rip off in a week. I posted photos of the defects on my blog and even sent all the pictures in an email to them, along with the measurement. They have said I doctored them.
I don't want to wear it mainly because it's not what I paid all that money for. You know, I was expecting what has been shown on their site. I feel ripped off. And I will have to seek legal action to get my money back. The Oregon Attorney Generals office is currently looking into it.
I understand people may feel that I am jumping the gun because I haven't actually used it or worn it but I looked at it and I don't feel that there is enough tab running along the side to attach to my skin for it not to leak if I were to use it. not to mention the hole in the back isn't big at all so I don't know how well the urine will go through or how quickly. And one of the biggest concerns among that is that there doesn't seem to be much room for what growth I've gained from testosterone.
I just feel that I was promised one thing and handed something less than that. I mean we already have to deal with less as it is, then to be short changed by someone who is in the same boat. It's just not right.
  •  

MaxAloysius

I have to say I don't think it looks that bad at all, at least not from the pictures I've seen. I agree with Kenton_07 about wanting a thorough review of its use though, because I think if it actually works the way it's supposed to I could very easily deal with the way it looks.

I look forward to your review Kenton. :)
  •  

Seb

I'm still in complete disbelief there are actually people who still want this. I guess I just have high standards.
  •  

MaxAloysius

Well I don't want it myself Seb; I just bought a Peecock and will not be buying another prosthetic for quite a while. That said, the company is new, and even after all of the >-bleeped-< we've heard about it, if the product is good and does as is claimed, then I can only hope that the business side of things clears up for it. The bottom line is that we need more options, and unique products to suit every anatomy.

I have heard a LOT of >-bleeped-<ty things about the quality of LolaJake packers, and yet people will still buy them, and many are happy with the packer they receive. If it weren't for the bad business side of things this product would be no different to the LJ ones in that regard, so I say if someone has the money and wants to risk the wait, why not?
  •  

Yossarian

I'm really pissed that there are guys who have been waiting June/July/August that still haven't received theirs and you lot who ordered in September/October are getting yours.

It's actually irritating the hell out of me. I was totally patient and understanding with these jerks and then they started lying. I make it a point to only deal with honest people. If you can't just say "hey I know we said 2-3 weeks wait initially but we're getting seriously backed up and it might take upwards to 6 months" in the beginning and not keep throwing out "I'm shipping it tomorrow," "You'll get your order next week" "You'll have it before whatever date they pull out of their ass" then you don't need to run a business.

I noticed as well that the guys who have been waiting the longest and have not gotten their order are black guys.

Did I mention it's now been 7 months since I ordered?

I'm really sick of dealing with them. Cody Whitfield has no integrity.
  •  

aleon515

Quote from: Bane on February 03, 2013, 01:17:15 AM
I have to say I don't think it looks that bad at all, at least not from the pictures I've seen. I agree with Kenton_07 about wanting a thorough review of its use though, because I think if it actually works the way it's supposed to I could very easily deal with the way it looks.

I look forward to your review Kenton. :)

Except, if you notice it is coming apart!! I don't think it looks too bad either, I think that's a personal decision, but it is damaged. I believe, from what I know now about pouring methods, I think he doesn't know what he is doing. I think they *may* look good when they leave-- maybe not-- and then fall apart because he isn't careful how he does this. I doubt he knows what he is doing.

BTW, I ordered from Lola Jake but paid the price of an expensive packer. I wouldn't buy them for list price. I have heard kind of mixed reviews actually and problems with excess peeling. I am going to post a review after I get it and then maybe a month later (or earlier).

I know a guy who is trying to create a prosthetic. It is taking years---thousands of hours, thousands of dollars in his own money, and lots of practice. I don't think Ricky has put in the time or money.

--Jay
  •  

Seb

@Bane, I do understand that, I've had no want for LolaJake either, and that surprises me people want those! Bad business is a huge deal breaker for me, but on top of it, the product just never stood out. I really doubt the functionality of the UP just judging by personal experience and the way it's built, let alone the quality. I think if anyone buys these, there will be ultimate disappointment.

Reelmagik is the best looking one on the market, simple as that. If you're going for looks, Reelmagik is the place to go. If you want to pee through a prosthetic, I don't think you will ever be able to, just due to the nature of the items themselves. I just don't think it's possible. I don't think there is a perfect solution.

Besides, there is no way I'd want a 3 in 1 packer, due to the size. I can't have sex with a 3 inch,  I wouldn't want to pee through a 6 inch. Unless we develop the technology for size-changing options, it will never be perfectly realistic without switching packers for different purposes.

@Yossarian, that just makes me not want to order that much more, considering I'm black. I'm just wondering how this guy hasn't already been fined for all of this malpractice. It's fraud.
  •  

transat18

Yossarian if you haven't already I would file a dispute with Paypal, to at least say you've been waiting since (insert time) and still have not received what you've paid for and have been told multiple times by the company that it was done or being processed for shipment. I spoke with a representative from Paypal and she told me even though it's passed the 45 day period Paypal will still review all disputes and if enough people are saying the same thing they will then get into it.

Also, I tried wearing it last night since that was a good point to be made. I bought the recommended brand of adhesive and followed the directions TUP gave and it took me about 30 mins to get it to stick after reapplying to certain areas 3 times. I actually ended up lying down and putting my boxer briefs on to keep the weight of it from pulling it off completely. I slept through the night without having a problem, though it had bubbled up on the top tab but I held it down when I woke up for about 5 mins and it seemed to stick back. I just went to take my morning piss though, figured this would be the best test to see if it worked. And thank god I decided to practice in the shower.

The stream ended up leaving the tip at a 140 degree angle. I tried aiming for the drain. And the whole time my stream was doing that it was also dribbling slightly down, like it had forked my stream. I finished and not even a minute after the adhesive completely came off, the whole thing just peeled off.

I do intend to try again, since I want to give a complete review so I will be hopefully adhering it again and going out in public with it.
  •  

kenton_07

Bane may have said my opinion more clear than I did because what he has said about the UP, is what I was trying to say but maybe I just wasn't clear enough. I am one of those people who doesn't mind the waiting. I haven't dealt with much of any BS from the UP guy besides initially out of fear I was going to lose my money because I didn't know much about it. Since then it has just been a waiting game. I will try to get a review out of the function of the UP when it gets here Monday or Tuesday.
  •  

Yossarian

Quote from: transat18 on February 03, 2013, 11:26:15 AM
Yossarian if you haven't already I would file a dispute with Paypal, to at least say you've been waiting since (insert time) and still have not received what you've paid for and have been told multiple times by the company that it was done or being processed for shipment. I spoke with a representative from Paypal and she told me even though it's passed the 45 day period Paypal will still review all disputes and if enough people are saying the same thing they will then get into it.

I've already disputed and filed with the BBB. We've talked on Tumblr. Today I'm filing with the FTC and a couple of other places.

I was again "promised" I'd receive it at the end of January. This is now the fifth time they've lied to me. So done with them.

Kenton, I hope that if/when you receive it, it's everything you hoped it would be. At this point I just want my money back.
  •