Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Ultimate Prosthetic

Started by ty.to.the.man, August 14, 2012, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnmayjor

Hey guys, of course i didnt received mine. Me and couple of guys are going to ask a lawyer about it,  because it is goin to be a big money that he has taken from us. Is there any other group? We can work together...
  •  

Dark.Knight

Quote from: johnmayjor on March 25, 2013, 03:02:18 AM
Hey guys, of course i didnt received mine. Me and couple of guys are going to ask a lawyer about it,  because it is going to be a big money that he has taken from us. Is there any other group? We can work together...

What do you mean any other group? I'm down for going after my cash I just put in my dispute with paypal and bbb
My profile pic is my hairy pre-t face. I want to be stealth, but my music career may kill that. ;D I like muscle cars, kicks, fashion, music, planes etc. The name I chose for myself is Khai. I'm 22. My ftm Tumblr is: http://gentlemenfck.tumblr.com/
If you want to really know me hit my Tumblr.
  •  

Yossarian

The problem with this guy is that he can run.

Literally all we have on him is a name and an address to an apartment that might not even be his. When he responded to my email about filing a lawsuit he gave me the same "I ask you to please trust that you will be receiving the product you ordered. We will do our best to get it shipped by the end of the week.".

That was a fortnight ago. Today is 9 months since I ordered.

I just sent him another email asking why he keeps lying to everyone.

He can't refund us or make the product because he frickin' spent all the money.
  •  

Dark.Knight

Quote from: Yossarian on March 30, 2013, 12:35:51 PM
The problem with this guy is that he can run.

Literally all we have on him is a name and an address to an apartment that might not even be his. When he responded to my email about filing a lawsuit he gave me the same "I ask you to please trust that you will be receiving the product you ordered. We will do our best to get it shipped by the end of the week.".

That was a fortnight ago. Today is 9 months since I ordered.

I just sent him another email asking why he keeps lying to everyone.

He can't refund us or make the product because he frickin' spent all the money.

He want even respond to any of mine, its been a month or so with no response he can run but he can't hide, there has to be away to find the individual who has NOT made these products and ran with the money. he never will have the money to get the products out at this point and all the negatives out there no one will buy from him to get out a old order, we are all screwed without legal action. I hate that guy who ever he really is.
My profile pic is my hairy pre-t face. I want to be stealth, but my music career may kill that. ;D I like muscle cars, kicks, fashion, music, planes etc. The name I chose for myself is Khai. I'm 22. My ftm Tumblr is: http://gentlemenfck.tumblr.com/
  •  

transat18

If you guys want to file against him, you'll have to go after Cody Whitfield. His is the name listed on the paypal account that received the money. Don't really know what to do about "Richie" but I doubt their company will be able to afford any more productions. I don't intend to use a lawyer, but I do intend to file against Cody within my own state. Each Attorney General has the ability to decide if the case can be continued/presented in your own state or if you'll have to file in Oregon. I wish I had more information to give but I have yet to make it down to ASU's law library.
  •  

Dark.Knight

Quote from: transat18 on April 01, 2013, 04:58:59 AM
If you guys want to file against him, you'll have to go after Cody Whitfield. His is the name listed on the paypal account that received the money. Don't really know what to do about "Richie" but I doubt their company will be able to afford any more productions. I don't intend to use a lawyer, but I do intend to file against Cody within my own state. Each Attorney General has the ability to decide if the case can be continued/presented in your own state or if you'll have to file in Oregon. I wish I had more information to give but I have yet to make it down to ASU's law library.

Cool so I will be attempting to do so here in TX against Cody Whitfield. I know it would be pointless to get a lawyer when it will only go to small claims. My research told me I could begin here with filing but would have to show up to an actual court hearing no matter what in OR? I hope your right and I can file and handle everything from home because the court can get you court cost, the money you are asking for, but do not retrieve your travel cost which could be pointless if the flight cost 400 bucks with no hotel cost long as I can fly in and out the same day.
  •  

Darth_Taco

Quote from: Dark.Knight on April 01, 2013, 11:14:41 AM
Cool so I will be attempting to do so here in TX against Cody Whitfield. I know it would be pointless to get a lawyer when it will only go to small claims. My research told me I could begin here with filing but would have to show up to an actual court hearing no matter what in OR? I hope your right and I can file and handle everything from home because the court can get you court cost, the money you are asking for, but do not retrieve your travel cost which could be pointless if the flight cost 400 bucks with no hotel cost long as I can fly in and out the same day.
You just need to establish that he has minimum contacts with your state. Since he conducted business with you in your home state (regardless of it being online), that should satisfy minimum contacts and you'll be able to file where you are. Gotta love the long arm statue :'P
  •  

Dark.Knight

Quote from: Darth_Taco on April 01, 2013, 06:59:21 PM
You just need to establish that he has minimum contacts with your state. Since he conducted business with you in your home state (regardless of it being online), that should satisfy minimum contacts and you'll be able to file where you are. Gotta love the long arm statue :'P

Thank you Darth Taco!!! I will begin filing asap with that being said! Anymore advice or things I need to know? Score!
  •  

brit91

I bought this prosthetic for my bf and it was a huge disappointment..way to big n bulky no way anyone can pack with that and it doesnt adhesive to the body well not to mention horrible service and took forever to get and even had some slight tearing on it. I advise that no one even bother ordering from this "company" its to much of a headache. I hope all of you guys who are trying to get your money back are able to do so.
  •  

Dark.Knight

I believe I found the rip off Cody Whitfield? https://www.facebook.com/cdubba23
He posted here about it September 24, 2012  https://www.facebook.com/transguys?filter=2
Not sure if this helps anyone but it could help in the future to show his ties to the company along side the name of the paypal account.
  •  

Dark.Knight

I know this topic has not been posted in forever and its because we do not care about the Ultimate prosthetic fail, I just wanted to inform everyone I got a refund back to my account. I went through my bill me/paypal and put my dispute in with paperwork and tons of emails I printed off all conversations since before the purchases, the purchase, delay promise, blatant ignoring, etc. All of them. the envelope needed actual postage not a stamp or two.
I was refunded every last dollar yesterday. I'm not sure if he did it willingly or if bill me later/paypal  acted on refunding out of there pocket but just a heads up to everyone so you can retry or start that process if you went through them.
  •  

CursedFireDean

Quote from: Dark.Knight on May 29, 2013, 07:07:27 PM
I know this topic has not been posted in forever and its because we do not care about the Ultimate prosthetic fail, I just wanted to inform everyone I got a refund back to my account. I went through my bill me/paypal and put my dispute in with paperwork and tons of emails I printed off all conversations since before the purchases, the purchase, delay promise, blatant ignoring, etc. All of them. the envelope needed actual postage not a stamp or two.
I was refunded every last dollar yesterday. I'm not sure if he did it willingly or if bill me later/paypal  acted on refunding out of there pocket but just a heads up to everyone so you can retry or start that process if you went through them.
great to hear guys are having progress getting refunds, I was getting worried you all had just lost tons of money.

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

Yossarian

It won't work for those of us who attempted to dispute it after the time limit. I'm glad you got your money back though.

And it's not that I no longer care, I just have better things to spend my energy on. I can't sit around and let this stress me out like before. It's not worth my health.
  •  

Dark.Knight

Quote from: Yossarian on May 31, 2013, 08:52:10 AM
It won't work for those of us who attempted to dispute it after the time limit. I'm glad you got your money back though.

And it's not that I no longer care, I just have better things to spend my energy on. I can't sit around and let this stress me out like before. It's not worth my health.

Naw I was out of my limit I purchased back in 2012 (December) and just did the process early-mid May. I figured I'd give it another try because I refused to make payment on ish I never received. (Bill me later/paypal) I get what your saying though it was a lot of stress and frustrating as hell.
  •  

transat18

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else who purchased from TUP received a video of their prosthetic in an email from TUP? My complaint has finally getting looked into by the Oregon Department of Justice. Just wondering if the video they sent me was actually my prosthetic since Richie is claiming my product had no defects at the time of recording. Anyone else receive a video?
  •  

Nowhereboi

Quote from: transat18 on July 01, 2013, 05:06:04 PM
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else who purchased from TUP received a video of their prosthetic in an email from TUP? My complaint has finally getting looked into by the Oregon Department of Justice. Just wondering if the video they sent me was actually my prosthetic since Richie is claiming my product had no defects at the time of recording. Anyone else receive a video?

God, this guy is slime.

Just a quick note...
If it turns out that no one has a video, get yourself a good FX expert, someone who's worked with silicone and who can prove their experience. Get them to vouch for you.  Because most of the defects you showed in your reviews were clearly issues with casting and coloring, rather than anything that could have come about due to wear or damage in-transit.  An expert could prove this no problem.

---MK

"But for three years I had roses – and apologised to no-one."
  •  

transat18

@Nowhereboi
Thanks I'll try that in case my photos/videos I provide don't suffice. I'm waiting to hear back from them still, it's encountered a hold up while they wait on TUP to respond back to them again about the video file I assume.
  •  

black_moon_dust

I had saved up and bought one myself..it didnt really work out. I had the same thing happen to me. I contact the guy to question about the product. He assured me it was good. I paid and never got the item.

So i went somewhere else and ive bought a few items from toolshedtoys. its been working for me.

Removed link.
Mortica Addams: "Last night you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again!"
  •  

transat18

D-Ray
Google, the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them. Also try the Federal Trade Commission. I suggest typing out what you've expericed in a word doc and just copying and pasting so you don't leave anything out. Even if it has gone past the 45 day mark for Paypal still send a complaint in with every bit of information. Even if they deny you they still read it, if enough people have the same complaints they will drop their services for TUP and no one else can be scammed. And something else to try, contact the Oregon Justice Department and file a complaint against The Ultimate Prosthetic, they will read it.

If you would like to check out my blog where I have all of that information just go to transat18.tumblr.com/tagged/theultimateprosthetic

Hope this helps a little. I paid a lot too and I know the company scammed many people.
  •