Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Ultimate Prosthetic

Started by ty.to.the.man, August 14, 2012, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Ray

Quote from: transat18 on July 29, 2013, 10:39:58 PM
D-Ray
Google, the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them. Also try the Federal Trade Commission. I suggest typing out what you've expericed in a word doc and just copying and pasting so you don't leave anything out. Even if it has gone past the 45 day mark for Paypal still send a complaint in with every bit of information. Even if they deny you they still read it, if enough people have the same complaints they will drop their services for TUP and no one else can be scammed. And something else to try, contact the Oregon Justice Department and file a complaint against The Ultimate Prosthetic, they will read it.

If you would like to check out my blog where I have all of that information just go to transat18.tumblr.com/tagged/theultimateprosthetic

Hope this helps a little. I paid a lot too and I know the company scammed many people.

I just received an email from TUP; it said my prosthetic should be completed by the end of August, closer to two weeks. I want to give this product a chance.
Spent my whole life being told who I can be, but only I have the right to decide who I will be.
  •  

CodyTUP

Hello FTM community,
I would like to apologize to all of my customers who ordered a product and have not yet received it. The wait times that you have undergone are unacceptable. There is no excuse and I take full responsibility. I would handle things differently if I could do this over. I will admit, in the beginning, when first opening The Ultimate Prosthetic, I was filled with excitement and could not wait to share this invention with men like me around the world.  Redefining what it is to be a transman and providing us with full capability. To my surprise (amongst positive) I read an overwhelming amount of negative feedback about my product and I let that effect me. In business, one cannot take things personally and I have come to implement this in my practice. From here all I can do is send each of you our best work. I know we haven't had the best track record but I want you guys to know that you WILL possess this product. Our team's goal is to get all of our current customers their orders by the end of August if not a large majority. From that point we will begin pre-stocking all of our models so that this never happens again. I will rectify this.

Sincerely,
Cody
  •  

aleon515

Cody, running a business is a HUGE job and responsibility and you need the maturity to do this. It is not just something to play around with if you don't have the abilities (which goes way way beyond knowing how to  work with silicone). It is also requires capital. This means you must be able to fund your supplies and do so on comfortably. Silicone, I don't have to tell you, is highly expensive stuff and the equipment is, if anything, more expensive.

This is a much more expensive career type thing than say making dog biscuits or caramels in your kitchen; making t-shirts; or any of the handful of other things guys probably do to fund top surgery or business folks start in their homes every day.

Silicone itself, from my understanding, as I know a guy probably 4 X s your age who does not yet feel he can start a business due to his lacking capital, is *very* fiddly stuff. He has made a handful to people he knows. He says you that basically a hundred things can go wrong to screw things up and not much is on your side with it. He often has to start over tons of times. He probably has 1000 hrs and thousands of dollars invested.

I'm not experienced enough to speak about the problems you have in your products. Suffice it to say that if you don't have those kinds of hours and dollars, I don't think you are serious at all. Might be a fun hobby to make your friends and all...

Your turn around time, imo, is not the issue. Lying about it is. Reel Magik knows that the turn around time does NOT keep people from buying their stuff. If they say it takes 6 months, people will wait 6 months, as they know that they will deliver. It's lying about your turn around time. If you say 6 months and it takes you 8, no one will believe you. TBH, I don't think you could get away with 6 months, you're not RM,  but the point still stands.

As it is you should have a (bad) record with a handful of people you wouldn't want to have a bad record with. For instance a 20+ line thread here and complaints with Paypal. I'm surprised it isn't the post office (for which you can get federal charges) and the Federal Trade Comm.

As the late CEO of Apple Computer once said "Real artists deliver" and so do real business men. Get it together, it isn't too late already (which it may be).

--Jay

•  

transat18

D-Ray, I do hope you actually receive you're order. I have also received an email a few times saying I would be getting it in the mail, which didn't happen. Just be careful. Also, make sure your tracking number is real, my first one wasn't.
  •  

D-Ray

Quote from: transat18 on August 04, 2013, 11:19:38 PM
D-Ray, I do hope you actually receive you're order. I have also received an email a few times saying I would be getting it in the mail, which didn't happen. Just be careful. Also, make sure your tracking number is real, my first one wasn't.

Thanks for the advice; I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I've had a significant improvement in regards to communication. (Trust me, I'll be sure to check the tracking number.) I've waited this long, and even if the product isn't perfect, it still very well could suit my needs. And, since I've already paid for it, it stands to reason that I give it a chance. As long as I see a non-defective product that matches what I was promised, I'll be pretty well off.
Spent my whole life being told who I can be, but only I have the right to decide who I will be.
  •  

NK

Hi!

It's almost the end of August. I wonder is there anybody get the prosthetic?

Since Cody said the problem will solve and he will try to send the prosthetic by the end of August.

Chows,
  •  

aleon515

Quote from: NK on August 26, 2013, 12:21:28 AM
Hi!

It's almost the end of August. I wonder is there anybody get the prosthetic?

Since Cody said the problem will solve and he will try to send the prosthetic by the end of August.

Chows,

Though it would be good if you didn't hold your breath. I don't believe this stuff unless there's an actual change of behavior. That said he *could* do this, if he has the ability.

--Jay
  •  

NK

Quote from: aleon515 on August 26, 2013, 01:53:02 PM

Though it would be good if you didn't hold your breath. I don't believe this stuff unless there's an actual change of behavior. That said he *could* do this, if he has the ability.

--Jay

Thanks Jay for your message. By the way,how long have you been waiting?
For me, it's 9 months.
  •  

aleon515

Quote from: NK on August 31, 2013, 03:19:22 AM
Thanks Jay for your message. By the way,how long have you been waiting?
For me, it's 9 months.

No, I have just been watching everyone else. I have no interest in ordering from this guy.

--Jay
  •  

D-Ray

Sept 3rd, I received a message that said: "There is a small obstacle to deal with currently but your order completion and shipment is looking like Sept. 14."
I'll be looking forward to Sept 14th, and we'll see how that goes.
  •  

NK

Quote from: D-Ray on September 01, 2013, 09:22:50 PM
Sept 3rd, I received a message that said: "There is a small obstacle to deal with currently but your order completion and shipment is looking like Sept. 14."
I'll be looking forward to Sept 14th, and we'll see how that goes.
Please tell me your order status and further news. Thanks, bro.  :angel:
  •  

Ethedon

I can't believe this guy behind TUP. You're reasoning for lying to your customers is because
You couldn't take criticism because you took people's money and lied about their shipping times.
Then you raise your prices to a ridiculous amount IMO TUP isn't worth the hassle. A paying customer
Shouldn't have to hope they'll receive a product they've purchased. And if you can't deliver refund their money Instead of lying to them and responding with nasty emails. And guys its hard enough trying to feel complete and live freely we don't need people like this, we've got enough problems as is especially financially coming up with money for surgeries & name/gender changes. IMO I'd go with any other company rather than TUP.
  •  

transat18

So I heard back from the Oregon Department of Justice a little while ago. Two other people made similar complaints and while ODJ has not done anything about getting refunds they strongly urged TUP to do so. From my understanding in the correspondence TUP will be paying thousands in fees and Cody could possibly face jail time for fraud. Which is the reason as to why he is trying to make everyone happy.
To any of you whom he has or is pushing around he is not a hot shot and is actually most likly terrified of what his customers can actually do if he doesn't provide.
I am sending him another email today in regards to my refund. I'll let you all know how that goes.
  •  

D-Ray

Quote from: NK on September 10, 2013, 02:28:16 AM
Please tell me your order status and further news. Thanks, bro.  :angel:

If and when I get a product, I'll let you know whether or not it was worth it.
So, we'll see how it goes.
  •  

NK

Quote from: D-Ray on September 22, 2013, 01:38:24 PM
If and when I get a product, I'll let you know whether or not it was worth it.
So, we'll see how it goes.
Hey, bro!
Did you get your order yet? Because it's 1 month from Sep.14.
Up until now, my total period of waiting is 11 months  :embarrassed:
NK
  •  

D-Ray

Quote from: NK on October 14, 2013, 10:28:09 PM
Hey, bro!
NK

Afraid not. But I was assured a later date yet again. He has been polite but brief with his responses, but like I said... I just want to see a product. If and when I get it, I'll let you know.
  •  

D-Ray

Quote from: NK on October 14, 2013, 10:28:09 PM
Hey, bro!
NK

11 months, NK? As my buddy would say: 'No Bueno.'
I hope you get what you paid for.
  •  

Yossarian

So I'm exiting month 15 now (ordered 06/12) and I still haven't received my order. Cody is also ignoring my emails.

I filed two consumer complaints with the Oregon Department of Justice today. One on Cody Whitfield and another on the Ultimate Prosthetic. Hopefully I get some feedback from them.
  •  

Yossarian

Quote from: CodyTUP on July 31, 2013, 02:03:39 AM
Hello FTM community,
I would like to apologize to all of my customers who ordered a product and have not yet received it. The wait times that you have undergone are unacceptable. There is no excuse and I take full responsibility. I would handle things differently if I could do this over. I will admit, in the beginning, when first opening The Ultimate Prosthetic, I was filled with excitement and could not wait to share this invention with men like me around the world.  Redefining what it is to be a transman and providing us with full capability. To my surprise (amongst positive) I read an overwhelming amount of negative feedback about my product and I let that effect me. In business, one cannot take things personally and I have come to implement this in my practice. From here all I can do is send each of you our best work. I know we haven't had the best track record but I want you guys to know that you WILL possess this product. Our team's goal is to get all of our current customers their orders by the end of August if not a large majority. From that point we will begin pre-stocking all of our models so that this never happens again. I will rectify this.

Sincerely,
Cody

jfc what a load of horse manure.

HTF can there be "an overwhelming amount of negative feedback" IF ONLY TWO PEOPLE HAVE COME FORWARD TO TALK ABOUT THE PRODUCT?
  •  

Yossarian

Sent them an e-mail on the 27th and they just got back to me yesterday (4th). I got this in response...

"Hello "Yossarian",

We are currently working on many orders and yours is estimated to be completed and shipped by December 1st. Thank you for you patience and my apologies for this wait time. 

-The Ultimate Prosthetic Team"

I won't hold my breath considering how this has been going and that they made similar "promises" last year at this time.
  •