Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Cats or Dogs

Started by GermanShepherDog, October 27, 2012, 11:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AscendantDevon

I love dogs, but I live in a tiny apartment downtown in the city I live in, so I'd rather wait till I get more space to get a dog.
I have a cat who I also love, but its not like having a dog, dogs are fun, they play with you and love you 24/7. My cat is affectionate, but not OVERLY so.
Check out my art. : P

http://devonascended.deviantart.com/#
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: Bexi on February 12, 2013, 07:54:11 PM
I have a German Shepherd (ex-police dog), a whippet, an albino chinchilla and one tubby cat!

Is this him?

•  

Bexi

Quote from: DianaP on February 12, 2013, 09:22:43 PM
Is this him?

Lmao I wish my cat could rock a pair of dungarees! Ever since she got a diamante collar one Christmas, she's taken that as a sign to act louche and spoiled!
x
Sometimes you have to trust people to understand you are not perfect
  •  

Carrie Liz

I'm totally a cat person.

I just love the cuddly "kitty love" that you get. One of my cats always just jumps right up into my lap, and slowly climbs up into my chest, and nestles herself in while she's purring, and it's just so unimaginably adorable that it just makes me want to squee!

I love my kitties. (In case it isn't obvious by my selection of tickers in my signature down there... lol.)
  •  

Tossu-sama

We have a cat but I've been having a dog fever for the past couple years so I like them both. :D
  •  

RAY

I have a kitte,  he is my helper and companion. I love him without him my life would be empty.
  •  

Nathan.

•  

SonadoraXVX

I have two mutts from the pound, one female black lab and one male beagle mix, both good protector dogs, very smart, and loving. The beagle is the siren and the black lab is the biting power. I may get a third mutt from the pound as well, a female german sheperd, if they have any, also have one cat. Needless to say the dogs and cats are like palestine and israel to borrow somebody's else phrase :).

P.S., if you get mutts, its always good to get puppies, as they will see you as the one true holy master, well my girlfriend is also commander in chief at times  :P
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Henna

•  

muffinpants

Quote from: Henna on February 18, 2013, 02:30:39 PM
Mine  :)

My god, that dog is so freakin cuuuuuuteeee!!! Just wanna go up and give it face squishies omg!
  •  

Henna

Quote from: muffinpants on February 18, 2013, 02:32:29 PM
My god, that dog is so freakin cuuuuuuteeee!!! Just wanna go up and give it face squishies omg!

You should see the two of us together  ;D
  •  

CalmRage

Sorry for the bump, but my dog saved my life simply by being with me. When depression hit a few years ago i didn't even think of killing myself out of respect for her. I've only told a few people about that episode.
  •  

laurenlg

I used to be much more of a dog person however my ex wife was pure cat person and being around them for so many years really changed my outlook on them. I think a lot of people dislike cats until they are around them 24/7 for a while. Of course there are some cats that are just jerks so i think it varies lol.
  •  

StellaB

I can't have a preference..

How can you have a preference when you've experienced a dog placing their chin on your lap, looking up to you, and patiently waiting for your attention?

Or having a cat lying on you purring and pawing at you as if to sharpen its claws but without unsheathing them?

I grew up with a border collie, a rescue from a farm in Cumbria and spent part of my teenage years walking the Dales with her, especially around Wuthering Heights.

I've also kept cats..

More recently I've become curious about adopting a fox. I'm a night person and I'm sometimes visited in the wee hours by a fox who I leave food out for. This fox has enigmatic eyes, a really soft coat, and seems intelligent.

I'm hesitant because I'm also aware that a fox has sharp teeth capable of shredding furniture and biting, but I wonder whether having a fox gives you a combination of a dog and a cat.
"The truth within me is more than the reality which surrounds me."
Constantin Stanislavski

Mistakes not only provide opportunities for learning but also make good stories.
  •  

Naomi

Cats, I love how my one cat always jumps up on the couch sleeps next to me.
あたしは性同一性障害を患っているよ。

aka, when I admitted to myself who I was, not when my dysphoria started :P
  •  

Sammy

Dogs have masters. Cats have staff :P.

I am proud co-habit of 3 y.o. Maincoon kitteh. He is big, fluffy, loud and has no manners whatsoever. But I know that he is trying to be as gentle as he can when he plays with us, because I have seen what a terrible hunting and killing machine he becomes when he gets carried over in his games... And despite of his size, he is one of the most patient and tolerant beings I have ever met - and having to deal with the advances being made by 2 years old human on a constant basis - that requires a LOT of tolerance.
  •  

Liam

I have both and I love both. My dog is big and dumb and friendly and lovable, my cat is lively and affectionate and playful and lovable.
  •  

Elijah3291

CATS!

we have three and I love them all, sure their antics can be annoying but they are just so sweet, you don't have to walk them or take them out to relieve themselves, and they don't smell, or get residue on your hands when you pet them.

people who say cats don't care about you must not have met many cats.  Our cats are very loving and are always at the door when we come inside.

i don't hate dogs, I like dogs but I would rather have cats.

They really do care about you just like dogs, one of our cats was cuddling with me non-stop when I wasnt feeling too great after my surgery, and I really think she knew I wasn't feeling well because she normally cuddles with my bf more then me.

Sabrina, Bear, and Dean.

How can you not love her alternating toe pad colors on that little paw? She is a prissy diva who whines a lot and has the funniest little meow.

Bear the first night we took him home, WITH a teddy bear, awww.  Bear is "mine" he is my baby and he is very gentle and the most awkward cat I have ever met.

Dean being photogenic and goofy. He is the stupidest of all of our cats, always doing silly things, but he lets us know when he wants to be petted.

yes, I am an obsessive cat Dad
  •  

Elijah3291

Quote from: StellaB on June 02, 2013, 03:25:30 PM
but I wonder whether having a fox gives you a combination of a dog and a cat.

I am glad I am not the only one who thought that foxes seemed like cat-dogs lol
  •  

chocoicecream

Please excuse any mistakes as English is my second language.

Thanks! ;)
  •