Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Any Metal Fans/Musicians Out There?

Started by Wynternight, December 27, 2012, 08:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wynternight

I've been listening to metal since I was a child and recently picked up the bass again. I plan on being the first TS black metal bass player/vocalist.  ;D

Any other black/death/speed metal fans out there?
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Emily Aster

Not really a fan these days, but there was a time when my music collection was pretty much Deicide, Slayer, Death, Nuclear Death, Napalm Death, Boltthrower, etc.
  •  

WhiteDustWolf

*raises hand*

I'm definitely a metalhead! I'm especially fond of Power and Folk Metal but even some Melodeath/Meloblack is pretty dang sweet.
Some of my favorite bands include Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, Turisas, Catamenia, Northland, Whispered, Nightwish, Equilibrium etc. There's a lot of really good bands if you ask me and if I would mention all that I enjoy this post wouldn't end anytime soon!

ReaverMarcus

I listen to metal with my SO. He basically introduced me to some really good ones. My favorite being one of the big four, Slayer. We're going to an iced earth concert on the 26th

My Hubby (Mel) and Me
Torturing his Archie Muse
Art by Him
  •  

Serenation

I still love my Slayer, Megadeth , Metallica (early albums), One of my fondest memories as a youth was going to Melbourne and seeing Megadeth on their Rust in Peace tour.

My fave modern metal band is Ghost. Those guys are so great.
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

Edge

I'm also a metalhead. Most of the bands I listen to are industrial and folk metal, but I am in the process of expanding my horizons and liking it.
  •  

Jess42

Oh Yeah. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead (the forefathers of course), Slayer, Metallica, Lamb of God, Pantera. Pretty much any Metal. I do prefer more of a dark heavy classic sound over the newer, faster stuff, but it all pretty much works for me.
  •  

sammielicious

i'm a metal musician. i play guitar. :)  i stick more to progressive, power, hair, glam, or old school metal sounds.  Some fave bands are Thor, Primal Fear, Accept (i met Wolf Hoffman!), Yngwie, Dio, Elegy, Symphony X, Adrenaline Mob, Crash Diet, Enforcer, Powerwolf, Reckless Love, Kissin' Dynamite, Megromania, Sex Machineguns,   Edguy, Helloween, Pretty Maids...i probably should stop now.
  •  

Jill F

Oh crap, don't even get me started!  \m/ LOL  >:-)
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: Edge on May 08, 2014, 09:45:12 AM
I'm also a metalhead. Most of the bands I listen to are industrial and folk metal, but I am in the process of expanding my horizons and liking it.

Have you ever heard of Blood Ceremony?
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I'm more into the old school Death Metal and Grindcore bands. Mostly the older Earache and Relapse/Nuclear Blast bands like Napalm Death, Carcass, Terrorizer, Exit-13, Disrupt, A.C., General Surgery and a bunch more. Gotta give it up for Death/Doom stuff like Autopsy and My Dying Bride too. (Even though MDB has more of a Goth vibe with a lot of their stuff but they totally rule.)
  •  

TheQuestion

Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Dio, Rainbow, Helloween, In Flames, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Cru, Guns N' Roses, Motorhead and a few others - so I'd say yes, I guess.  I like some numetal as well, like Korn, but I pretty much categorize new metal as alt-rock...
  •  

TheQuestion

I'll just say it; I hate Slayer and Pantera...
  •  

TheQuestion

Quote from: TheQuestion on May 21, 2014, 10:22:54 PM
I'll just say it; I hate Slayer and Pantera...

talented, just not for me...
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: TheQuestion on May 21, 2014, 10:21:09 PM
Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Dio, Rainbow, Helloween, In Flames, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Cru, Guns N' Roses, Motorhead and a few others - so I'd say yes, I guess.  I like some numetal as well, like Korn, but I pretty much categorize new metal as alt-rock...

All of the above except for Korn...

*grabs nearest Stratocaster*
  •  

TheQuestion

Quote from: Jill F on May 21, 2014, 10:42:38 PM
All of the above except for Korn...

*grabs nearest Stratocaster*

I'm not big into "numetal" as there is a lot of awful music in that category, but Korn was legitimate IMO.
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: TheQuestion on May 21, 2014, 10:21:09 PM

All over the place on that one. Hair metal, classic metal, dark metal, and then Def Leppard? Really? ;) Seriously though, I actually their older stuff but the later stuff was a little too bubble gum for me. But then again Motley Crue and Guns n Roses is about the same for me, their older stuff I love but not so much the newer. But Iron Miden, Ozzy with or not with Sabbath, Black Sabbath with Ozzy, Dio Megadeth and Metallica are all good. Dave Mustaine is a little off with not using the Devil's chord and what he says a bout it, You can find it on youtube but still pretty good though.
  •  

Jill F

Quote from: Jess42 on May 22, 2014, 02:07:14 PM
All over the place on that one. Hair metal, classic metal, dark metal, and then Def Leppard? Really? ;) Seriously though, I actually their older stuff but the later stuff was a little too bubble gum for me. But then again Motley Crue and Guns n Roses is about the same for me, their older stuff I love but not so much the newer. But Iron Miden, Ozzy with or not with Sabbath, Black Sabbath with Ozzy, Dio Megadeth and Metallica are all good. Dave Mustaine is a little off with not using the Devil's chord and what he says a bout it, You can find it on youtube but still pretty good though.

Mustaine is what mental health professionals refer to as "batsh*t crazy".  Megadeth IMHO has sucked pretty consistently since Risk.   What a waste of Marty Friedman.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Jess42 on May 22, 2014, 02:07:14 PM

I can take that idea even further beyond metal. My CD collection has everything from Napalm Death to Faith No More to My Dying Bride to Mr Bungle to Masonna to John Coltrane to Conor & Jay, etc.

Quote from: Jill F on May 22, 2014, 02:16:10 PM
Mustaine is what mental health professionals refer to as "batsh*t crazy".  Megadeth IMHO has sucked pretty consistently since Risk.   What a waste of Marty Friedman.

Actually, I believe that they sucked since "Countdown To Extinction". After "Rust In Peace", that was it for Megadeth as far as I was concerned.
  •