Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you think cannibalism should be legal?

Started by ~RoadToTrista~, January 27, 2013, 12:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not from killing people, lol, but from donors and stuff.

Yes
11 (39.3%)
No
17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

~RoadToTrista~

Someone asked this question on another forum. I never thought about it before.........
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

:o Forget that! I am not eating another human...I'd rather die
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Cindy

•  

Ani

Well there's the famous Donner Party eating their dead and then this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106246/

As repulsive as it sounds, in extraordinary situations, extraordinary measures are sometimes necessary.
  •  

milktea

there was an ancient case law on cannibalism on a dingy lost at sea...think they ate the weakest kid and were sentenced to death, but was released on royal pardon or something. so i guess eating others to save yourself is kinda okay...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I have a post-op recovery blog now...yeah!
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

In general, cannibalism is a bad idea because whatever killed the person you're eating might also kill you.  There are a lot of species-specific parasites and germs, so you're more at risk of these from eating a cow than from eating a human.  Apes are actually nearly as dangerous, since they're so similar to us, and a lot of diseases that affect them also affect us.

The story you heard is probably about "kuru", the laughing sickness.  It's similar to mad cow disease, and probably has a similar cause.  Like mad cow, it mostly concentrates in the brain, so you probably won't get it if you avoid the brain and spinal cord.  Besides, kuru is rare out side of certain parts of Africa.

The hamstring muscles are large and obvious, but they're also going to be tough, because they receive so much use.  It corresponds to the chuck and rump cuts on a cow.  Then again, the cuts corresponding to the tender loin muscles are also going to be tough in a human, since they do all the work of keeping us vertical.  (Cows don't work those muscles as hard since they go on all fours.) 

So you'd want to go with a braise, which is also better for keeping down parasites.  That will tend to kill off whatever bugs were affecting your victim.

It's still not a good idea, for legal reasons if nothing else. I won't do it personally for moral reasons.

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on January 27, 2013, 02:01:35 AM

The story you heard is probably about "kuru", the laughing sickness.  It's similar to mad cow disease, and probably has a similar cause.  Like mad cow, it mostly concentrates in the brain, so you probably won't get it if you avoid the brain and spinal cord.  Besides, kuru is rare out side of certain parts of Africa.

Very rare as it was isolated to Papua New Guinea!!!
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Simon

Only in extreme cases where someone has died and it is important to the survival of others. For example, a situation like they faced in the movie where the soccer team crashed in the Arctic and ate their dead friend's butt cheeks. I can not for the life of me remember the title of that film.

Then again if I was ever in that situation and was faced with that decision it would do me no good since I'd puke my brains out. 
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on January 27, 2013, 12:39:54 AM
Someone asked this question on another forum. I never thought about it before.........

Holy Guacamole, Trista, is this you birthday gag post?  (pardon the pun)

The problem with cannibalism is, whatever killed the guy or gal you are consuming, just might kill you.

Furthermore, we know from documented cases of cannibalism (Donner Party; Andes plane crash, etc), the human flesh and organs can be terribly constipating.

1972 Andes Flight Disaster (Film: Alive! Miracle in the Andes)

Donner Party

•  

Cindy

Quote from: Pleasingly Plump Jamie D on January 27, 2013, 02:16:28 AM
Holy Guacamole, Trista, is this you birthday gag post?  (pardon the pun)

The problem with cannibalism is, whatever killed the guy or gal you are consuming, just might kill you.

Furthermore, we know from documented cases of cannibalism (Donner Party; Andes plane crash, etc), the human flesh and organs can be terribly constipating.

Could this be one of the great love lines?
Darling I'd love to eat you, but it will give me constipation!
  •  

Jamie D

Remember, Cindy. I have some small degree of expertise in this matter.  I was, after all, an Enema Nurse for Halloween!  ;)

Why Cannibalism is Bad
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Pleasingly Plump Jamie D on January 27, 2013, 02:37:40 AM
Remember, Cindy. I have some small degree of expertise in this matter.  I was, after all, an Enema Nurse for Halloween!  ;)

Anyone with practical proctology experience is a person to be faced up too!!
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on January 27, 2013, 02:42:00 AM
Anyone with practical proctology experience is a person to be faced up too!!

I was having a flare up of the piles, so I paid a visit to the Proctologist.

The doctor had me drop my trousers for an examination.  The doctor then said something to a nurse, who left the room.  The nurse returned a few moments later carrying a cold bottle of beer.

The doctor looked up and said, "No, nurse!  I said a 'butt light,' not a "Bud light!""

After they got that straightened out, the doctor concluded the examination and started to write a prescription.

I said, "Doctor!  You are trying to write my prescription with a rectal thermometer!"

The Doctor looked up and said, "Damn it!  That last >-bleeped-< got my pen."

:D
  •  

Elsa

Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

Kevin Peña

If someone donated his or her body, it means that he or she wants to be eaten. I say sure.
  •  

Adam (birkin)

I imagine not a lot of people would want to donate their flesh...making it an expensive commodity...meaning that a lot of people who wanted to leave money for their families, perhaps out of desperation, would consent to give their flesh when they would not otherwise.

Not sure if that makes it any less moral or not, but it's a thought.
  •  

Elsa

:eusa_sick:  :icon_yikes:  :icon_blah:

I feel sick at the thought of eating another person - I hope I am never forced to do so or see someone else do so.
Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

Shang

Sometimes stuff happens and you have to do whatever is necessary to survive such as with the Donner Party.  If I was in a situation where my life depended on eating a fellow human being who died recently, yes I would eat that person as they're already dead.  Their body is just a hunk of flesh at that point in time and there's no sense in letting it rot away when it can be used to save me and others.  Would I kill someone to survive?  Probably not. [I say probably because I won't know unless I enter that situation.]
  •